Windows 10: Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they...

Discus and support Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I am stuck in a very strange situation where ai am not able to do even some simple stuffs on my windows. When I click on windows button,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PriyanshuMishra2, Jul 28, 2021.

1. Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they...

Hi everyone, I am stuck in a very strange situation where ai am not able to do even some simple stuffs on my windows. When I click on windows button, it gets close immediately. If I right click on desktop, that table will open but it gets close immediately. Same happens with all the applications in the task bar. Nine of the workaround provided on the internet works, since they all need windows+R or open task manager and as I explained, they are not working. I can open chrome, but if start typing there then nothing will appear one of the example

:)

PriyanshuMishra2, Jul 28, 2021

2. keyboard does not work in search, can't type in windows search box.

If you already used your keyboard on different devices and the same issue happened, then basically, the main issue here is the keyboard itself. There's a possibility that the keyboard is defective or it has a bad driver.

We suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps:

Step 1: File Signature Verification Tool.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.l
    • Type sigverif.exe and press enter.
    • Check if you see a list of unsigned drivers.

Step 2: Scan for hardware changes.

• Press Windows key + R to open the run command.
    • Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.
    • Expand computer and highlight the extension.
    • There will be an icon to scan for hardware changes right below
      help.

Step 3: Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

• Press the Windows + X, and click on Search.
    • Type troubleshooting and select Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 4: Update keyboard driver.

• Click the Start button and enter Windows Update.
    • In the left pane, click on Check for Updates.
    • On the Select the updates you want to install page, select the drivers you want to install.

Once done, check if the same issue persists and try using different keyboard on the same PC you used. If everything works fine using a different keyboard, it means that the first keyboard is defective.

If you need further help, please send us more information so we can assist you better.

Acelyn Alc, Jul 28, 2021
  3. BigMack70 Win User
    Windows 8.1, and Why You Should Let Go of Windows 7

Wait wait wait I can do it in 3 steps

Diasble Metro:
    1) Don't buy Windows 8
    2) ?????
    3) Profit!

BigMack70, Jul 28, 2021
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they...

Windows 10 search not indexing Outlook 2013, no search results

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in using Windows 10.

Let's diagnose the issue by referring to the following suggestion and check if that helps you.

First of all, I would suggest you to check if the
    Windows Search
    Service is running in Automatic mode under the list of Windows services. You can follow the steps to check and start the
    Windows Search again:

• Press Windows+R keys to open Run. Type “servces.msc” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • From the list of services, locate the Windows Search Support Service
      and Windows Search Service.
    • Right click on the Windows Search Service
      and then click on Properties.
    • Check if the service is running. If not, start the service and change the
      Startup type to Automatic.
    • Follow the same steps to start the Bluetooth service
      and change the startup type to Automatic.
    You can also try the following suggestion.

Run the Search and Indexing troubleshooter. Follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “View all” option from the left panel.
    • Select “Search and Indexing”.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Hope this information helps you. Please do let us know if you need further assistance.

Arul_D, Jul 28, 2021
Thema:

Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they...

1. Windows key, right click are not working. Not able to type in browser, search window, they... - Similar Threads - key right click

2. Not able to click on Type here to search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not able to click on Type here to search: Its been about 3 months and i have still not been able to type in the Type here to search box. For some reason i cannot click on Type here to search. This is a problem because i want to update my audio drivers by using device manager. please somebody help me resolve this...
  3. Not able to click on Type here to search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to click on Type here to search: Its been about 3 months and i have still not been able to type in the Type here to search box. For some reason i cannot click on Type here to search. This is a problem because i want to update my audio drivers by using device manager. please somebody help me resolve this...
  4. NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!

in Cortana
    NOT ABLE TO TYPE IN SEARCH BAR!: I've been trying to fix this issue for quite some time now. I've tried a bajillion videos and even official solutions FROM the Microsoft Forums, but my search bar still won't take any inputs from my keyboard. If you're thinking, Yes, my keyboard works everywhere else, just...
  5. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either: Hi there A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I right click on things like Word or Excel, a list pops up of recently opened documents. All that happens now is that the blue...
  6. i am not able to type in windows search

in Windows 10 Customization
    i am not able to type in windows search: i am facing the problem in typing in windows search i am not able to type everything or search for apps. i am searching in internet but i get irrelevant responce.... [ATTACH]...
  7. Right-click not working at search field in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right-click not working at search field in folders: Good afternoon, Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the ability to do it disappeared. A turnaround to this is to Ctrl+C the text I want to search for and then Ctrl+V inside the...
  8. Windows right screen not able to click

Windows right screen not able to click: Dear, There is an issue occur in Windows 10/7 with different PC. User report that they cannot close/minimise application, when they click the button and no response. Finally we found that cursor cannot click anything from Windows right screen. When we restore application...
  9. Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home. I search for programs like control panel or cmd in the bottom left corner and they appear, but when I right click on them to do things such as "add to task bar" or "run as administrator", the box disappears super fast. I've tried resetting my PC, but...
  10. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...