Windows 10: Windows Key Search Broken

Discus and support Windows Key Search Broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas? 10156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pareod, Jul 29, 2015.

1. pareod Win User

Windows Key Search Broken

If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas?

:)

pareod, Jul 29, 2015
  2. JimRichards2 Win User

Keyboard driver

Keyboard drivers are in Windows 10 computer but updating the driver cannot be achieved,I have internet searches,computer searches other drivers from other computers..Key board drivers missing is the only message that I received.I have tried to restore
    the computer as well but it says I have an error and returns back to the original broken state have used a different key board as well .....Is there a fix?

JimRichards2, Jul 29, 2015
  3. AnonFrog Win User
    Interface issues with Windows Store when trying to use the search field

In the windows store app on my gaming pc, it's repeating a key, forcing the sliders to scroll and preventing typing in the search bar.

It's replicated in the netflix app but not in any of my regular applications.

I can't install any store applications because of this

Original title: broken windows 10 store

AnonFrog, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows Key Search Broken

1. Windows Key Search Broken - Similar Threads - Key Search Broken

2. Product key search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key search: Where can I find the product keys my purchase in my acount? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/product-key-search/6c1d72e4-c154-4f16-8ea0-89358e42b701
  3. Fix broken Search shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Fix broken Search shortcuts: I have reinstalled my audio drivers and whenever I type "Dell Audio" on the Start menu, it pops up but doesn't work whenever I click it. (1st picture) [img] The shortcut under the Start menu folders works, though. (2nd picture) [img] 87093
  4. Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search and/or Indexing Broken: Hi, I recently upgraded to Windows 10 and have encountered an interesting problem. I realized it initially when I would press start and begin to type a program's name in order to run it, as I was doing with Windows 7, but it would not find any results and would prompt me...
  5. Windows Search and Indexing Broken

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Search and Indexing Broken: After upgrading to TH2 I had an issue with windows search. The service wouldn't start at all. I managed to run the Windows Search service. I had to delete the Key RebuildIndex and change value of key SetupCompletedSuccessfully to 1. [img] Now that the search...
  6. regedit search broken again 14393.105

in Windows 10 Support
    regedit search broken again 14393.105: Just noticed regedit search is broken again like it was before. If you search for something that is not found it hangs. I tried regseeker to search and it also hung at 97%. 62514
  7. Start button search broken?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start button search broken?: When I click on the Start button and type control panel, I'm sitting under Bing search which is definitely now what I want. What I expect is for this to work like it use to where it should bring Control Panel to the top left pane so I can select it to open Control panel....
  8. Broken search result links

in Windows 10 Support
    Broken search result links: Hey guys, first time poster here, I have a weird issues right now. So recently I reinstalled both GOG galaxy and Gwent to a different drive on my pc and since then I have this issue https://i.imgur.com/tSWkpTa.jpg Before I could type Gwent or gog in start menu and they...
  9. Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Deployment: Broken Cortana and Search functions: Hi All, Been pulling my hair out for months working with this OS and MDT. I'm creating a master image (Golden) on a virtual machine and when the software for our organization is installed, and a test user logs into the Virtual machine for the first time, Cortana and search...
  10. Search (file explorer) broken in 9879

in Windows 10 Support
    Search (file explorer) broken in 9879: Hi there I think the search is broken in file explorer in 9879 Say I'm just looking for all my ISO files -- I used to type in the search argument *.iso or even .iso and it would list all files xxxxxx.iso Now the search returns ANY STRING CONTAINING iso in it such as...