Windows Key Search Broken

Discus and support Windows Key Search Broken in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas? 10156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pareod, Jul 30, 2015.

1. pareod Win User

If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas?

:)

pareod, Jul 30, 2015
  2. JimRichards2 Win User

Keyboard driver

Keyboard drivers are in Windows 10 computer but updating the driver cannot be achieved,I have internet searches,computer searches other drivers from other computers..Key board drivers missing is the only message that I received.I have tried to restore
    the computer as well but it says I have an error and returns back to the original broken state have used a different key board as well .....Is there a fix?

JimRichards2, Jul 30, 2015
  3. AnonFrog Win User
    Interface issues with Windows Store when trying to use the search field

In the windows store app on my gaming pc, it's repeating a key, forcing the sliders to scroll and preventing typing in the search bar.

It's replicated in the netflix app but not in any of my regular applications.

I can't install any store applications because of this

Original title: broken windows 10 store

AnonFrog, Jul 30, 2015
Thema:

Windows Key Search Broken

Windows Key Search Broken - Similar Threads - Key Search Broken

1. Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Office 2010, Product Key in caps?: The subject says it all. I could not finish installation of Microsoft Office 2010. I have the Product Key but don't know if the maximum number of uses has been met. The website that the installation sent me to for entering the product key said that upper or lower case was ok....
  2. [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?

in Windows 10 Support
    [Mac] CMD key /search icon /search box on taskbar don't work in .351?: Hi guys, After updating my Windows 10 to .351 I can no longer use the [Windows] (CMD key on Mac) key / search icon / search box on the taskbar. Any suggestions how to tweak this issue? TIA Cheers 68401
  3. Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Pressing Windows Key and then typing search has stopped working: I'm sure it's not my imagination. I use to be able to press the Windows Key, the Start Menu would pop up and then I could simply start typing the name of whatever program I wanted to launch. Since the last update (15063.608), that doesn't work. It appears that the "Type here...
  4. Windows 10 No Longer Opens Apps From Search With Enter Key

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 No Longer Opens Apps From Search With Enter Key: I don't know if this is just me and my keyboard or if something happened with an update. Normally to open most apps I will just press the windows key on my keyboard and type its name. I updated today, both normal windows updates and the threshold 2 update (build 10586.3), but...
  5. Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Click/Key events not work with Win 10 searched results for apps: Let me describe you the problem briefly by using images.When I search for old windows app such as **Snipping tool ,Paint** ,etc... through windows 10 search box like this: [img] [img] when I try to right click ,normal left click or even when press Enter key nothing...
  6. Windows key search never returns applications

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key search never returns applications: Hey all, I cannot figure this one out. In the past I have used the windows key and then would type the name of the application and it would find it and I could run it that way. However, with Win10 that appears to have vanished. I only get options to search the web. Anyone...
  7. Search applications when pressing Windows key?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search applications when pressing Windows key?: In Windows 7/8/8.1 I would press the Start/Windows button and start typing the name of a program (ie: Firefox, Word, etc) and it would pop up, learn, and as I did the same thing in the future.....I would just press Windows key, type wor, and Word would pop up and I press...
Windows Key Search Broken solved