Windows 10: Windows Key Search Broken

Discus and support Windows Key Search Broken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas? 10156 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pareod, Jul 29, 2015.

1. pareod Win User

Windows Key Search Broken

If I click the Windows key on my taskbar and type in something like Device Manager or Control Panel, all I get are web search options. Ideas?

:)

pareod, Jul 29, 2015

2. Keyboard driver

Keyboard drivers are in Windows 10 computer but updating the driver cannot be achieved,I have internet searches,computer searches other drivers from other computers..Key board drivers missing is the only message that I received.I have tried to restore
    the computer as well but it says I have an error and returns back to the original broken state have used a different key board as well .....Is there a fix?

JimRichards2, Jul 29, 2015
  3. AnonFrog Win User
    Interface issues with Windows Store when trying to use the search field

In the windows store app on my gaming pc, it's repeating a key, forcing the sliders to scroll and preventing typing in the search bar.

It's replicated in the netflix app but not in any of my regular applications.

I can't install any store applications because of this

Original title: broken windows 10 store

AnonFrog, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

Windows Key Search Broken

1. Windows Key Search Broken - Similar Threads - Key Search Broken

2. Windows search is "broken."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows search is "broken.": I'm trying to open a programs file location through windows search. I search the program and it pops up in "Best Match" but none of the options such as Run as admin, Open file location, etc. appear on the right. I also cant right click the program in "Best match" it does...
  3. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  4. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search is broken: When I type on the search bar on start, on windows explorer search, and on windows settings search bars nothing happens. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-search-is-broken/e36b5f64-dd4f-4129-8a25-0dddc9d30a8f
  5. Windows Search is broken

in Cortana
  6. Windows Search is broken

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Search is broken: [ATTACH] Hi, I need your help because for some reason, and no matter what I search, I've got Minecraft (Windows 10) that comes up first in the search thingy, it would be nice if I actually wanted to launch it, but it is bothering, since I can't press Enter to launch the...
  7. Windows search broken

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows search broken: I assume the Windows search this PC feature that is in the upper right of all the windows is currently broken in Windows 2004? 158508
  8. Windows Search is broken

Windows Search is broken: I am unable to click the search icon on Windows taskbar. Pressing the Win key on keyboard and then typing searched word isn't working either. Is there any known solution to fix this? (occurred after last insider update) submitted by /u/TheFluffyIron [link] [comments]...
  9. Windows search is broken

in Cortana
    Windows search is broken: I had preinstalled Office 365 apps which I had removed earlier. Instead I use the Word Online application. But even after removal, the search still shows up Word first instead of Word Online. I had a few other apps that were removed but still the same thing happened. Some of...
  10. Window Search Broken

Window Search Broken: Long story short, I got an upgraded hard drive. I installed Windows 10 Pro 64 successfully on the hard drive, signed back into the Windows account and everything is perfect, EXCEPT.... I have noticed that for some reason, in this fresh install of Windows, the search bars at...