Windows 10: Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works

Discus and support Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I do this combination, my desktop comes up without Icons. I can take a snip of it.....but who wants to do that. Please help just did a update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by LadyCNE, May 23, 2020.

1. LadyCNE Win User

Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works

When I do this combination, my desktop comes up without Icons. I can take a snip of it.....but who wants to do that.

Please help just did a update yesterday 5/22/2020 and it no longer works. When I do that keystrok, what comes up on my monitors I have 3 and all three the screensaver comes up looks like desktops but no icons

Windows 10 home 64 bit

:)

LadyCNE, May 23, 2020
  2. KatJB Win User

shift keys not working

I upgraded to windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop and then did the windows update and when I tried to do anything with the shift key neither one works. I read all the suggestions I could find in here and tried most of them with no luck. I ran the hardware
    and device troubleshooter, I went to the keyboard on control panel and it says it's working properly. I tried shift/control/alt keys all together. I downloaded and scanned with anti malware and I did the fn and del keys with no results. I would like an easy
    fix for this as I believe it is a windows 10 and or update for windows 10 issue. I am not real savvy on the computer so I need step by step instructions, please and thank you.

KatJB, May 23, 2020
  3. LTUGamer Win User
    Both shift keys

Hello.
    I have problem with Lenovo Idea Pad 100 laptop (OS: WIN10). After replacing HDD into SSD I faced a strange problem. Both Shifts of the keyboard doesn‘t work .
    I have tried to:
    • Check if sticky keys are off. They are off.
    • Connect external keyboard via USB port. Shift keys on external keyboard works good.
    • Check the keyboard on online tester which indicates pressed buttons. It can‘t indicate press of the shift
    • Change several different input languages. The problem is on all of them.
    • Reinstall keyboard driver
    • Check if connection is OK. It is OK.
    • Tried to run computer without screws (I have read in one forum that screws could touch the keyboard from the bottom and it wouldn‘t operate normal)
    I believe that keyboard is not damaged because connector damage could cause just exact part of keyboard failure, while it is impossible to do physical damage for both shifts. Any solutions?

LTUGamer, May 23, 2020
  4. Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works

Shift/ctrl key problem.

Hi Jovan,

The issue you're experiencing is probably due to incorrect settings. A Windows Ease of Access feature called
    Filter keys is an accessibility function that tells the keyboard to ignore repeated strokes. When this function is enabled, it ignores whatever key is pressed down or repeatedly pressed. To verify this, follow the steps below:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Ease of Access.
    • Under Ease of Access Center, click on Change how your keyboard works.
    • Under Make it easier to type, click on Set up Filter keys.
    • The Turn on Filter Keys should not be checked, as well as
      Turn on Filter Keys when right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds

We also suggest that you play around with the features and check which one works best for you. If the issue persists, let us know.

Patricia Yu, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works

1. Windows Key + Shift + S No longer works - Similar Threads - Key Shift longer

2. Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10: I have been having issues with Ctrl+Shift+S on my Windows 10. It started with not working on paint.net. I later discovered it's an issue with Win 10 itself. Notepad doesn't register it, Paint 3D doesn't register it, DaVinci Resolve doesn't register it... I could keep going,...
  3. Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl+Shift+S No Longer Working on Windows 10: I have been having issues with Ctrl+Shift+S on my Windows 10. It started with not working on paint.net. I later discovered it's an issue with Win 10 itself. Notepad doesn't register it, Paint 3D doesn't register it, DaVinci Resolve doesn't register it... I could keep going,...
  4. Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.: i just updated to windows 11 and Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working. It is very important for my day to day activities. can anyone please help me out as to how i can use capture a part of my screen without having to open snipping tool app every time....
  5. Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 - Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working.: i just updated to windows 11 and Windows logo key + Shift + S shortcut is not working. It is very important for my day to day activities. can anyone please help me out as to how i can use capture a part of my screen without having to open snipping tool app every time....
  6. S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    S,W and Space keys not working while pressed with Windows key and Shift key.: I was trying to take a screenshot of the lesson done in class and when I pressed the WIn+Shift+S to take the screenshot, for some reason, it is not working. At first I thought this was a problem of the app and tried to reset as every key of my keyboard is working. But no, it...
  7. Windows key + shift + s not working, please help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows key + shift + s not working, please help: So I don’t know what I did but when I press window + left shift + s, it says that win key is disabled and not doing the snip print screen thing, and I don’t know what it means. I have tried to search the reason why it’s happening but I haven’t found anything. I have the ASUS...
  8. Win+Shift+S Not working

Win+Shift+S Not working: So each time I do Win+Shift+S, the selection tool will pop up but snip and sketch will not open right after. submitted by /u/kfkjhgfd [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l29rqw/winshifts_not_working/
  9. Windows Shift S Doesn't Work

Windows Shift S Doesn't Work: Hey. I use Win Shift S to take screenshots of certain parts of my screen. The thing is, it stopped working. Now, whenever I use the shortcut, it just freezes after I make the selection and doesn't copy. I can exit out by clicking again, but it doesn't copy the screenshot to...
  10. Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working

Win+shift+s screenshot tool no longer working: About a month ago I found out about this keystroke to take screenshots that would then be put on my clipboard so I could paste them easily and started using it all the time. Now whenever I try to screen shot it just stops for a second and then doesn't copy it to my clipboard....