Windows 10: windows key stopped working

Discus and support windows key stopped working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by connor.m_3223, Sep 30, 2022.

1. windows key stopped working

i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working.

:)

connor.m_3223, Sep 30, 2022

2. down arrow key stopped working

My razor lycosa down arrow key decided to not respond at some point today. The other ones work and so does the numpad arrow if i turn off the numlock. Sounds like its just broken and im screwed, but any suggestions?

Hybrid_theory, Sep 30, 2022
  3. down arrow key stopped working

My buddy's girlfriend was having this problem with a lappy except multiple keys weren't working. She tried troubleshooting, cleaning, canned air, checking drivers, then she called me. I asked "have you tried rebooting it?" She sheepishly said "no", rebooted, and problem solved.

Reboot is #1 on "shit to do when something isn't right" list.

DonInKansas, Sep 30, 2022
  4. Mohan B P Win User

windows key stopped working

Email, contacts, store etc... stops to work

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows key + X key and select
      Command Prompt (Admin)
    • Type the following commands in the given order and press Enter
      key after each command.

1. net stop wuauserv

2. rename c:\windows\SoftwareDistribution softwaredistribution.old

3. net start wuauserv

• Restart the system and check if the issue is resolved.

After performing the above steps, I suggest you to try installing all the updates available for the system and check if it helps.

Hope the information helps. Kindly write back to us for further assistance on Windows. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan B P, Sep 30, 2022
Thema:

windows key stopped working

1. windows key stopped working - Similar Threads - key stopped working

2. Keys occasionally stop working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keys occasionally stop working.: I have had an issue with my keyboard for a while now: when typing, some of my Keys will stop working. Sometimes the functionality will return but only for a bit. The odd part Is that It mostly only effects the "I" and "K" Keys. And even odder: both Keys will still work If...
  3. My keys stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My keys stopped working: I was eating and a minimal amount of oil got on the keyboard.i cleaned it up and it was working for a few minutes until it started acting up.it began to type wrong characters,but strangely,all the keys work on a different user like number 1 is typing number 8,and the onscreen...
  4. windows key stopped working

windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  5. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  6. Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop Windows Key Stopped Working: My Windows Key has, all of a sudden, stopped working. I use the key very frequently but now, pressing the key has no action. I tried using some windows key shortcuts like WIN + R but it ended up just responding to the R key, not the windows key. I have also seen solution...
  7. Windows key has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows key has stopped working: I have a problem with the Windows key no longer working on my daughter’s new Windows 10 laptop. If I press the key, nothing happens. I know it’s not the key itself because if I restore the entire hard drive from a Macrium Reflect image, it works perfectly. The only trouble...
  8. Windows 10 key stopped working

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 key stopped working: I had notification from Windows about my activation key not working but I decided I'll ignore it hoping it will just sort it out on it's own. Well it didn't and today I was welcomed with beautiful text on my screen "Activate Windows". I bought this pc few years ago and it...
  9. Windows OEM key stopped working?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows OEM key stopped working?: So basically. It all happened a few months ago while i changed something in my motherboard settings, i simply switched the cool and quiet for my ryzen processor off. It then said the key was expired for no reason at all? This is a prebuilt computer and the store that build...
  10. Windows key stops working frequently

Windows key stops working frequently: This has started to happen lately, like the last few weeks or last mont. What could be the cause of this? Sometimes the whole task bar at the bottom is non-responsive, and sometimes it is just the window at the bottom left (when also the windows key does not work) /Windows...