Windows 10: Windows key stops working frequently

Discus and support Windows key stops working frequently in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This has started to happen lately, like the last few weeks or last mont. What could be the cause of this? Sometimes the whole task bar at the bottom is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jockep77, Nov 30, 2017.

1. jockep77 Win User

Windows key stops working frequently

This has started to happen lately, like the last few weeks or last mont. What could be the cause of this? Sometimes the whole task bar at the bottom is non-responsive, and sometimes it is just the window at the bottom left (when also the windows key does not work)

/Windows 10 Pro user

:)

jockep77, Nov 30, 2017
  2. isyasad Win User

USB controller frequently stops working

The USB controller seems to work without disconnecting while it is in a USB socket on the motherboard. Is there a way to fix it for the other USB sockets though? What could be causing the problem?

isyasad, Nov 30, 2017
  3. USB controller frequently stops working

Hello isyasad.

First of all - changing USB port may help you. If you tried to connect to front of the PC - try to connect to the USB on motherboard(Back of your computer).

Thank you for your question.

Vitalii K., Nov 30, 2017
  4. EdTittel Win User

A possibly dumb suggestion might be to try another keyboard to see if the culprit could be the Windows key itself. I've spilled liquids on the keyboard and had those keys at the lower left (Ctrl, WinKey and/or Alt) get weird on me afterward. It could actually be a hardware problem and would be easy to check if you have another keyboard at your disposal (or can borrow one from a friend or colleague).
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Dec 1, 2017
  5. bro67 Win User
    Spilt liquid and electronics do not mix. Get a new keyboard. They are pretty cheap.

bro67, Dec 1, 2017
  6. jockep77 Win User
    There is no liquid whatsoever involved. The keyboard works just fine. The problem seems to "be gone" for now though. As a programmer I hate stuff that just starts working out of the blue..

jockep77, Dec 28, 2017
  7. If it happens again, get a can of electronics grade air and clean out the keyboard. It isn't possible for us to know if anything is in there, but for a few dollars it's worth doing that. I have had people tell me that there isn't anything in there, but cleaning out the keyboard was worth doing. BTW since you mention "key", does that mean it's only one key that's the problem or is it any random key? How about the right side keypad, any issues there? I've also seen some keyboards where the keys become sticky just through usage.

MeAndMyComputer, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows key stops working frequently - Similar Threads - key stops working

2. Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently: For some reason, the E,C,D and 3 keys on my kyboard stop working randomly at times but work normally in other times,however, when i log into Linux on the same device on linux, it works perfectly fine...
  3. Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Specific keys on my keyboard stop working at times and this happens very frequently: For some reason, the E,C,D and 3 keys on my kyboard stop working randomly at times but work normally in other times,however, when i log into Linux on the same device on linux, it works perfectly fine...
  4. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  5. windows key stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows key stopped working: i turned on my computer. and it wasnt working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-key-stopped-working/c8391583-c4ec-417a-87ee-7eb7cbe7f1a0
  6. windows key stopped working

7. Fingerprint sensor randomly stops working frequently

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint sensor randomly stops working frequently: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lolaBe1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kpg9ss/fingerprint_sensor_randomly_stops_working/
  8. Network adapter frequently stops working properly

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter frequently stops working properly: I started having an issue when I updated my windows 10 to the latest version, where my network adapter would stop working all of a sudden maybe an hour after being on the computer, and my settings/control panel, wouldn't work or open, and I couldn't reset my network adapter,...
  9. Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ethernet frequently stops working for my desktop: The ethernet for my desktop frequently stops working, while other devices on the internet still work. This issue sometimes solves itself or needs me to restart the wifi modem. Even after fixing the issue it frequently comes back and would need me to restart the whole process...
  10. Windows 10 apps frequently stop working

Windows 10 apps frequently stop working: I've seen other people with this same problem, but the solution was complicated, and I know very little about computers. I HATE having to constantly restart my computer when this happens. My computer is older, and takes quite a while to restart, and I'm very impatient. 44062