Windows 10: Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically)

Discus and support Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I've had this problem to where I had the Windows key would randomly appear (Writing this was a PAIN) and would just not stop until I pressed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by kid08year, Jun 10, 2019.

1. kid08year Win User

Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically)

So I've had this problem to where I had the Windows key would randomly appear (Writing this was a PAIN) and would just not stop until I pressed the Windows key. I can't buy a second laptop or a keyboard. And everytime it does this, auto rotate comes on. How do you fix this mess?

(P.S, I have a controller but I can't connect it. (Xbox one) So everything involving my laptop is broken.)

:)

kid08year, Jun 10, 2019
  2. [ Pete ] Win User
    [ Pete ], Jun 10, 2019
  3. Auto rotation

Hello,

Let us isolate your concern by answering the questions below:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Have you checked on the action center if there is a Rotation lock option?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you check the Screen Resolution display to check if there is a setting to allow the screen to auto-rotate. Here are the steps:

• Go to Control Panel.
    • Search for Display and then click Change display settings.
    • Mark the checkbox beside Allow the screen to auto-rotate option if possible.
    • Click Apply and then OK.
    We are looking forward to your response.

Jamille Nar, Jun 10, 2019
  4. jds63 Win User

Auto rotate and g force

Really needed to list more system specs and information on this issue.So this is assuming you have this and this is the issue.

Why does my screen not rotate?

The auto rotation lock feature is turned on by default in Windows 10. Use the following steps to turn off this feature.

1. Place the tablet into Pad/Tablet mode.
    2. Click the Start
      Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically) [​IMG]
      menu
      and select Settings.
    3. Click System.
    4. Click Display.
    5. Scroll down and toggle Lock rotation of this display to OFF.

jds63, Jun 10, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows key stuck down and Auto rotate On/off randomly. (not physically) - Similar Threads - key stuck down

2. ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ‘]’ Key Stuck Not Physically: For some reason, today my ‘]’ key started randomly being stuck. I don’t know what could have triggered it, since I hadn’t even pressed it once both times this happened today. But whenever i open any place I am able to type, it spams that key I have to say it isn’t just...
  3. Windows Key Stuck but not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Key Stuck but not physically: Hi there my windows key is stuck and when I try to play GTA 5 or any other games or when I press wasd it opens up Windows Whiteboard, Cortana etc and when in desktop pressing windows key minimizes windows. I have sticky keys and other ease of access for keyboard off. I...
  4. Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Arrow keys stuck not physically and auto-scrolling in certain menus: I'm not sure if this is caused by the arrow keys or something else, but in several apps or menus there's an erratic scrolling happening. For example in the start menu the white selection box will appear on one app and then constantly scroll up, making the menu unusable as I...
  5. Auto Rotate randomly "turns on"

Auto Rotate randomly "turns on": I've noticed lately on my surface pro 7, that the auto rotate randomly "turns on". The auto rotation icon is turned off, but when I'm using my surface pro 7, I'll being something and for a second or 2 it won't me do anything and then on the upper left handle screen it'll say...
  6. Created on March 20, 2017 Windows key stuck down not physically

in Windows 10 Customization
    Created on March 20, 2017 Windows key stuck down not physically: I read today: Windows key stuck down not physically I've had this problem for a long while. Randomly, out of nowhere Windows thinks my windows key is being held down Pushing R opens the Run window It usually happens around 30 minutes prior to starting up the PC. I can...
  7. Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.

Windows key "Stuck" but not physically.: I have an Asus gaming laptop and recently it has been doing this thing where I cannot type. The keys are linked to the "Hot Keys" aka WIN + D = Desktop, WIN + S = search, etc. - I've uninstalled keyboard drivers - Restarted multiple times - All the little tricks people...
  8. Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically

Keys are stuck down and right control key does not work not physically: The control, windows, alt and space keys keep getting stuck down. I have tried using the onscreen keyboard to unclick the keys, but the control key always remains stuck. The right control key stopped working when this problem started. It still physically clicks. This makes...
  9. Windows key is stuck not physically

Windows key is stuck not physically: Everytime i use a windows + any key shortcut the windows key gets stuck and it even shows on the on screen keyboard. I have disabled sticky keys and other easy access keyboard options and uninstalled and reinstalled the keyboard drivers.It has only recently been happening in...
  10. Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Down key stuck down(not physically) in network window in systray: [ATTACH] So in Windows 10, all network connections are done in that little window in the system tray. Control panel just links to there as well. Well, I have a LAN cable giving me internet but sometimes I would like to connect to a wireless network such as my phone's...