Windows 10: Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Discus and support Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016.

1. xbjr0 Win User

Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Title.

Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No sticky/dirty bits. Pressing down on the rubber bit doesn't seem to register though. Keyboard tester applications do not register the windows key being pressed on the laptop keyboard, but it does register it on the external keyboard/mouse.

It did work for a few presses when I repeatedly pressed down on it, but it seems to have stopped working now.

Computer problem, or should I be searching for a new keyboard?

:)

xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016

2. bing wallpaper not changing ....

Yes I have a 3G network always on...

It was working a few days ago but it suddenly stopped changing wallpapers

adityadaliya, Sep 5, 2016
  3. stocktiki Win User
    Windows 10 Store app crashing

Same problem here. Store app was working a few days ago -- but stopped suddenly. Splash screen shows up - vanishes and the app closes.

Any suggestions.

stocktiki, Sep 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall the keyboard driver and then reboot and let the OS reinstall the driver. If you are plugging in the keyboard while Windows is running, it can cause problems when plugging in a USB keyboard. Also the keyboard mapping may be incorrect for the type of keyboard that you are using.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. - Similar Threads - key suddenly stopped

2. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  3. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.: Hey,Ctrl+R to reload on any browser is not working, I use F5 now for this, I am a developer and i need to use ctrl+r. I have uninstalled recent windows update to check if thats causing issue, But no luck, I also checked the NVDIA geforce experience if its overtaken the...
  4. Ctrl + R Stopped working on any browser a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update a few days ago: Hello one and all, A few days ago, I had a WINDOWS Update for a WINDOWS 10 PC. Since then, I have been experiencing problem after problem with my apps. They are not working or audio not heard. I went to the virtual chat yesterday evening, and was told they were connecting...
  6. Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network discovery stopped working suddenly a couple of days ago.: I am not exactly sure when this started but I can no longer see computers and printers on my network. I think it started a day or two ago. I noticed it yesterday when I tried to print something and I got the message that the printer was offline. I then checked my network and...
  7. Last windows update a few days ago

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Last windows update a few days ago: Since the windows 10 update a few days ago, a lot of my Microsoft products do not seem to be working properly. It seems odd to me that they release these updates before they see how they react with programs etc that they manage. Like Microsoft Solitaire. It keeps turning...
  8. Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone has suddenly stopped working a few days ago: Hello, recently my microphone stopped working when using discord, all my other audio works fine but my microphone won't emit anything. This isn't exclusive to discord either, if I go to the recording and playback window and click on listen to this device it just outputs...
  9. Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now: If anyone has any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. After installing the new Windows 10 a few days ago, our computer takes FOREVER to upload anything, especially pictures and many times it just stops working. Complete disaster. I see others have had the same trouble,...
  10. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.: I'm working off a laptop and have never had any of these issues until a few days ago when Windows announced it was automatically updating Windows 10 and upgrading. Fine. I let the laptop do its thing. But now: 1.) When I type, there's a pause every few seconds and the words...