Windows 10: Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Discus and support Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016.

1. xbjr0 Win User

Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Title.

Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No sticky/dirty bits. Pressing down on the rubber bit doesn't seem to register though. Keyboard tester applications do not register the windows key being pressed on the laptop keyboard, but it does register it on the external keyboard/mouse.

It did work for a few presses when I repeatedly pressed down on it, but it seems to have stopped working now.

Computer problem, or should I be searching for a new keyboard?

:)

xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016

2. bing wallpaper not changing ....

Yes I have a 3G network always on...

It was working a few days ago but it suddenly stopped changing wallpapers

adityadaliya, Sep 5, 2016
  3. stocktiki Win User
    Windows 10 Store app crashing

Same problem here. Store app was working a few days ago -- but stopped suddenly. Splash screen shows up - vanishes and the app closes.

Any suggestions.

stocktiki, Sep 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall the keyboard driver and then reboot and let the OS reinstall the driver. If you are plugging in the keyboard while Windows is running, it can cause problems when plugging in a USB keyboard. Also the keyboard mapping may be incorrect for the type of keyboard that you are using.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. - Similar Threads - key suddenly stopped

2. Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset

in Windows 10 Support
    Asus notebook stopped waking up few days ago, have to hard reset: Simply, it used to wake up, I mean the screen stays black now. powercfg /devicequery wake_armed returns NONE https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...7-ed98a8736a06 Following their advice, there is no power control settings listed for keyboard, nor is there any change settings...
  3. Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now

in Windows 10 Customization
    Updated Windows 10 Few Days Ago and Computer BARELY Works Now: If anyone has any help, it'd be greatly appreciated. After installing the new Windows 10 a few days ago, our computer takes FOREVER to upload anything, especially pictures and many times it just stops working. Complete disaster. I see others have had the same trouble,...
  4. I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I updated Windows 10 a few days ago, and now suddenly lag issues in everything.: I'm working off a laptop and have never had any of these issues until a few days ago when Windows announced it was automatically updating Windows 10 and upgrading. Fine. I let the laptop do its thing. But now: 1.) When I type, there's a pause every few seconds and the words...
  5. Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue Screen of Death starting since a few days ago.: so i am a Windows Insider i had 1903 for ages and didnt know about its BSOD issues till recently. Now every 30 mins my computer is going to blue / green wcreen of death. I first tried reverting to normal windows 10 with no sucess. Reseated my memory and cables inside the...
  6. Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 suddenly says Activation Needed several days ago: The Windows Activation Troubleshooter says "Something prevented us from communicating with our activation servers. Wait a few minutes and try again. (0xc0020036) I have had the free upgrade to Windows 10 from years ago when it was first offered. I have never had any issues...
  7. Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot: Hello, Every few days, I'm on Chrome and Internet stops working suddenly. Here is the picture. Read the text below... [ATTACH] Only a reboot fixes the issue and gives me a few days again. What may be the issue? How to fix that? Thank you...
  8. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  9. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...
  10. Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days: Hello, I have this rather old HP Pavilion laptop that I use for one thing only, and that is to feed aircraft data to a website called Flightradar24.com I've not installed many programs on this computer. Except for the data feed software provided by Flightradar24 I have...