Windows 10: Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Discus and support Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Title. Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016.

1. xbjr0 Win User

Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago.

Title.

Plugging an external keyboard in and pressing the windows key seems to work, pressing the windows button on my mouse seems to bring up the start menu. Only problem is with the laptop keyboard. I've taken the key off, checked it and everything. No problems there: No sticky/dirty bits. Pressing down on the rubber bit doesn't seem to register though. Keyboard tester applications do not register the windows key being pressed on the laptop keyboard, but it does register it on the external keyboard/mouse.

It did work for a few presses when I repeatedly pressed down on it, but it seems to have stopped working now.

Computer problem, or should I be searching for a new keyboard?

:)

xbjr0, Sep 5, 2016

2. bing wallpaper not changing ....

Yes I have a 3G network always on...

It was working a few days ago but it suddenly stopped changing wallpapers

adityadaliya, Sep 5, 2016
  3. stocktiki Win User
    Windows 10 Store app crashing

Same problem here. Store app was working a few days ago -- but stopped suddenly. Splash screen shows up - vanishes and the app closes.

Any suggestions.

stocktiki, Sep 5, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Uninstall the keyboard driver and then reboot and let the OS reinstall the driver. If you are plugging in the keyboard while Windows is running, it can cause problems when plugging in a USB keyboard. Also the keyboard mapping may be incorrect for the type of keyboard that you are using.

bro67, Sep 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows key suddenly stopped working a few days ago. - Similar Threads - key suddenly stopped

2. Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Stops working every few days and need a reboot: Hello, Every few days, I'm on Chrome and Internet stops working suddenly. Here is the picture. Read the text below... [ATTACH] Only a reboot fixes the issue and gives me a few days again. What may be the issue? How to fix that? Thank you...
  3. Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working!: Hi there, Some Keyboard keys suddenly stopped working on my laptop 2 days ago and I couldn't fix it and currently writing this post using on-screen keyboard. I've tried the following and it didn't work: Troubleshooter. Updating, uninstalling, drivers and even downloaded...
  4. restore to 2 days ago

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restore to 2 days ago: I want to restore computer to 2 days ago. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-to-2-days-ago/85995d58-361e-497c-9c7b-7972ccc13c4d
  5. Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!

Keyboard and touchpad stopped working a few days after windows 10 update!: I am having a weird problem with my laptop. It's keyboard and touchpad stooped working a few days after windows 10 upgrade. I have tried so many thing to resolve the issue! I restarted several times. I tried log in in safe mode. didn't work. I updated the drivers....
  6. Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 updated a few days ago and ever since then Chrome crashes.: My computer did an automatic Windows 10 update a few days ago and ever since then Netflix and Chrome crash. How do I fix these problems? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-updated-a-few-days-ago-and-ever-since/0d1d6b6d-227b-4903-a216-251330b371f3
  7. outlook.com / My Email Attachments folder disappeared a few days ago!

in Browsers and Email
    outlook.com / My Email Attachments folder disappeared a few days ago!: It's been nearly two years now since I read Brinks' article showing Microsoft's announcement of the introduction of the fabulous "Save to OneDrive". This was my Documents Menu: [img] and here it is now: [img] Might its disappearance have anything to do with the...
  8. I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago

I cannot safely eject usb drives since a few days ago: Hello. Does anybody know if something has changed for w10 [16299.125]? Since a few days ago I cannot safely eject some usb pendrives because the OS says "something is using it", even though everything is closed. Could it be Windows Defender? How can I circumvent this?...
  9. Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...

Multimedia keys on keyboard stop working suddenly...: Hi guys, I am experiencing an annoying issue with Windows 10 and my Cherry keyboard (Cherry eVolution Stream Multimedia Keyboard G85-23000), especially with the multimedia keys. Upon a boot / reboot all the multimedia keys are working without issues: mute, volume...
  10. Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop "freezes" and stops completely working after a few days: Hello, I have this rather old HP Pavilion laptop that I use for one thing only, and that is to feed aircraft data to a website called Flightradar24.com I've not installed many programs on this computer. Except for the data feed software provided by Flightradar24 I have...