Windows 10: Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination?

Discus and support Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello! Recently my windows key has stopped working after i pressed a combination of keys. And whenever it happens, I just cannot figure it out. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kaaxam0, Mar 17, 2020.

1. Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination?

Hello!

Recently my windows key has stopped working after i pressed a combination of keys. And whenever it happens, I just cannot figure it out. It happened again and I dont know how to fix it. I did something random last time to fix it but cannot remember, and was wondering if it has something to with game mode? I tried turning that off via settings but still it does not work. It is VERY annoying and gets in the way with LOTS of things, and was wondering if i could get any help, i really need help with this. Thanks if you can help!

posted in: r/alienware, r/windows10, r/computer

submitted by /u/kaaxam0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kaaxam0, Mar 17, 2020
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Key combinations not working

Thanks for following up. In here, you can find the list of all the keyboard shortcuts in Windows 10. Check it out and
    see which key combinations are still working on Windows 10, and which are not.

We also tested on our end and only the Alt + F and Alt + P are working fine, and this is on a PC that is on the Fall Creators Update. May we suggest that you update your operating system to 1709 and see if the key combinations will work.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 17, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Mar 17, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination?

Microsoft Wireless Combination Keyboard & Shortcut Keys

Hi,

A keyboard shortcut key or combination of keys providing quick access to a particular function within a computer program. To better assist you, we'd like to gather more information:

• Did you get any error messages when you try those keyboard shortcuts?
    • Does this happen only to Microsoft keyboard?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Mar 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination?

1. Windows key unresponsive after unknown keyboard combination? - Similar Threads - key unresponsive unknown

2. Unresponsive keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unresponsive keyboard keys: Hi, Im a owner of HP Omen 15, however a few keys namely: backspace, start, delete, plus+ turned unresponsive. Here are the things i tried out but in vain:Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard driversExternal USB keyboard worked flawlessly so perhaps hardware issueCleaned the...
  3. Unresponsive keyboard keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unresponsive keyboard keys: Hi, Im a owner of HP Omen 15, however a few keys namely: backspace, start, delete, plus+ turned unresponsive. Here are the things i tried out but in vain:Uninstalled and reinstalled keyboard driversExternal USB keyboard worked flawlessly so perhaps hardware issueCleaned the...
  4. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  5. Keyboard layout key combination is not working

Keyboard layout key combination is not working: I've installed the custom keyboard layout for the Ukrainian language - it has some additional symbols. Everything works perfectly except one combination - Alt+Ctrl+і in the Ukrainian layout in the English layout, it would be Alt+Ctrl+s. It returns nothing, but it should...
  6. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  7. Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive

Certain Keyboard Keys Unresponsive: Hello Microsoft Team,I would like to report an ongoing issue plaguing my keyboard. I am unable to use a diagonal row of my keys, as they are unresponsive. These keys are 3, e, d, and c. I have tried various online fixes, but to no avail. I would like to know if I can source...
  8. Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Some Keyboard keys and combinations not working.: Hello, Recently I have started facing this issue in my laptop. The Device Manager shows 2 HID Keyboard Devices and 1 HID Compliant mouse. I don't connect external usb keyboard or mouse frequently. But now, the issue is that, my Function keys F1-F12 are working individually....
  9. Keyboard keys combination not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard keys combination not working: Laptop Keyboard keys combination wasn't working, so I did reset. After reset, keyboard started working fine. But today some keys combination again stopped working. I tried driver reinstallation, but didn't work. Also tried keyboard replacement, still the same. Please help me....
  10. Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Reassign a keyboard key combination to a specific key?: How can I set "Ctrl+J" combination (witch means "í" character on a 101 keys hungarian keyboard) to another key? Forexample, Ctrl+J = Left Win button. I wont do changes directly in registry. I tried several softwares (SharpKeys, KeyExtender, KeyTweak...), but no one can handle...