Windows 10: Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

Discus and support Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Gaurav Mulchandani, May 19, 2021.

1. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

I have built a computer and installed windows 10 pro. I have connected a USB 3.0 hub to the port which is then connected to mouse and keyboard. When I connect the mouse and the keyboard separately it works fine. I have seen the exact same problem be posted in this forum link here but no solution was provided. Have copied the issue below: The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2 seconds, then try to 'catch up'. The keyboard will do the same, sometimes a pressed key will continue to send i.e. "Hey how are yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:)

Gaurav Mulchandani, May 19, 2021
  2. [Ginner] Win User

Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering.

I've just bought a new computer and installed Windows 10 on it. I've connect a mouse, USB to ethernet and a keyboard through a USB-hub.

The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2 seconds, then try to 'catch up'. The keyboard will do the same, sometimes a pressed key will continue to send (i.e. "Hey how are yooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo",
    while trying to write "Hey how are you doing?"). It makes just writing this question a pain.

There are no 'chimes' (like connecting or disconnecting USB) or anything, no errors. It just fails silently.

Here's what I've tried this far.

• Another USB hub - Problem persists
    • Another Keyboard - Problem persists
    • Connecting keyboard and mouse directly to the computer - Problem persists
    • Install Smedia USB Host Controller Driver from Dell - Problem persists
    • I've installed USBDeview and deleted all USB-drivers, restarted - problem persists (I have a theory, that the problem is caused by som problems with the drivers or controllers)
    • I've unticked the box "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" for all USB-controllers. - Problem persists.

Specs:

Windows: Windows 10 Pro, version 1803

Computer: Dell XPS 9570

Mouse: Logitech G600

Keyboard: Apple Keyboard A1243

USB-hub: TP-Link UH700

I really hope somebody can help me, thank you.

[Ginner], May 19, 2021
  3. mccnavy Win User
    USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

I'm not sure what the issue is...just started now...but I may just have noticed it now:

- I just moved and set up my computer in the new home. I'm not sure if I installed USB devices in same places they were at previous home but, regardless, I've encountered an issue with a Microsoft Keyboard/Mouse USB combo when my Anker 7-port USB 3 hub is installed in the adjacent port. As follows:

- When both are installed and active, no issues until I plug in an external USB hard drive. Then the mouse and keyboard freeze until the drive is unplugged. Then everything returns to normal. Some devices installed on the hub (e.g. BT adapter) don't interfere at all.
    - My mothernoard (Asus Z270-A) has 2 rows of 2 USB 3.0-A each. When I have the keyboard and mouse adapter and Hub plugged in on different rows, everything works find...drives plugged in don't freeze anything. Likewise, I tried another device in the port adjacent to the keyboard/mouse and it didn't cause freezing.

Does anyone know why the certain configuration of hub plugged in next to keyboard/mouse causes it to freeze when an external drive is plugged into the hub?

mccnavy, May 19, 2021
  4. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

Windows 10 usb keyboard and mouse not working

Hi,

To assist you better, answer the below question.

I would like to know if you are getting any message when you connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse?

I suggest you to connect the USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different USB port and check if it works.

Also, plug your USB Keyboard and Mouse to a different system and check if it works.

I suggest you try below method and check if it helps

Hardware and devices troubleshooter

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your mouse.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Ashwin V S, May 19, 2021
Thema:

Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub

1. Windows Keyboard and mouse stuttering when plugged into USB hub - Similar Threads - Keyboard mouse stuttering

2. Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged: Just purchased a keyboard from a store a couple hours ago, however I've soon discovered a major problem with it after minutes into using it. When I started playing with it plugged into my laptop it was causing me to stutter, this is my first time ever encountering this issue....
  3. Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stuttering when gaming with a keyboard plugged: Just purchased a keyboard from a store a couple hours ago, however I've soon discovered a major problem with it after minutes into using it. When I started playing with it plugged into my laptop it was causing me to stutter, this is my first time ever encountering this issue....
  4. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  5. Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.

Laptop will not shutdown when USB hub is plugged in.: When my USB hub with keyboard, mouse, printer, and monitor is plugged into USB-C port, the laptop will go into sleep mode rather than shutdown when selecting Shutdown from menu....
  6. Mouse and keyboard stuttering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse and keyboard stuttering: I recently purchased an NZXT Foundation PC, and since then have installed a 3060 graphics card into it. After installing the graphic card I started having issues with my mouse and keyboard. The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2...
  7. Mouse and keyboard stuttering

Mouse and keyboard stuttering: I recently purchased an NZXT Foundation PC, and since then have installed a 3060 graphics card into it. After installing the graphic card I started having issues with my mouse and keyboard. The issue is, the keyboard and mouse 'stutters'. The mouse will turn off for 1-2...
  8. mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse, keyboard and external speakers not working in usb hub.: I have an external 3.0 usb hub plugged into my hp laptop. The light is on but my laptop does not recognize the mouse, keyboard and external speakers plugged into the hub. They only work when plugged into the laptop, but there is not enough room for all three items plus the...
  9. USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Keyboard/Mouse Fails when USB 3.0 Hub Installed in Adjacent Port: I'm not sure what the issue is...just started now...but I may just have noticed it now: - I just moved and set up my computer in the new home. I'm not sure if I installed USB devices in same places they were at previous home but, regardless, I've encountered an issue with a...
  10. No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in

in Windows 10 Support
    No Screen shutdown when USB hub is plugged in: I've been working on this for a couple of weeks now. I set my screen to turn off after ten minutes but it doesn't shut off. Today I read somewhere that it could be because I have a USB hub plugged in. Sure enough I unplugged the Hub and my screen shuts down as I have set it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. anker usb3 hub stuttering