Windows 10: Windows keys and shortcuts

Discus and support Windows keys and shortcuts in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I got a problem and it's that when I do a Windows + something command the windows shortcut key gets stuck and every key I press launches the Win + that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AxelSæter-Johannessen, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Windows keys and shortcuts

I got a problem and it's that when I do a Windows + something command the windows shortcut key gets stuck and every key I press launches the Win + that key shortcut and the windows keys is functional, if I reset the PC it works normally again. The advanced startup functions are useless in this case.

:)

AxelSæter-Johannessen, Jun 8, 2020

2. shortcut key

Hi Devanshu,

To get a shortcut key for the calculator, go to your desktop and then follow these steps for Windows 10

1. Open the start menu

2. Navigate to calculator in the apps list on the left hand side of the start menu

3. Click and drag the calculator app to your desktop

4. Right-click on calculator and open properties

5. In properties there should be an option to add a shortcut key

ArmadilloHead02, Jun 8, 2020
  3. grecinos Win User
    Windows 10 shortcut key not working - Please help

Hey guys,

I'm trying to create a shortcut key for a program/script that turns off my monitor. I've confirmed that the small program is working by double clicking on it. The problem I'm having is that when I go to create a shortcut key for it. First I create a shortcut to the program, then I set a shortcut key, say "ctrl-shift-s". After applying the changes, clicking Ok, I try to use the shortcut by pressing the ctrl-shift-s key combination. When I do this, nothing happens. I've confirmed that shortcut keys works with other apps like the Command Prompt. Does anyone have any insight to this?

Cheers,

grecinos

grecinos, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Autumn20 Win User

Windows keys and shortcuts

Shortcut key for "My Stuff" ?

Using Windows 10, here's the steps I'm taking to search for files on the computer:

• Click Start Menu (or tap the Windows key on the keyboard)
    • Start typing a search term
    • Click "My Stuff"
    • When it finds your file, click it to make the file open
    • If you want to open File Explorer and peruse similar files without opening files:
      • After clicking "My Stuff" (in Step 3) go to the bottom area under "Other places to look" and click "File Explorer"
      • File Explorer opens

Question: I don't want to use the mouse to click "My Stuff" in step 3. Is there a shortcut key?

Autumn20, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

Windows keys and shortcuts

1. Windows keys and shortcuts - Similar Threads - keys shortcuts

2. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  3. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace: Hello! A friend of mine is currently having trouble with shortcut keys appearing on the Microsoft Word ribbon. It doesn't affect anything else but it is somewhat annoying because it happens every single time she presses backspace. I've tried disabling some things in the...
  4. Shortcut keys appearing on Microsoft Word ribbon when pressing backspace

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options

Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options: -- Now I have this type of right click menu. I don't want the shortcut keys that are shown beside the option. I just want the right click menu like below pictures. I didn't like to show the command keys beside the option. Thanks-...
  6. Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Just removal of shortcut key beside the mouse's right click options: -- Now I have this type of right click menu. I don't want the shortcut keys that are shown beside the option. I just want the right click menu like below pictures. I didn't like to show the command keys beside the option. Thanks-...
  7. Key Board Shortcuts are not working on Microsoft Whiteboard.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Key Board Shortcuts are not working on Microsoft Whiteboard.: HelloI am unable to use hot Keys on Microsoft Whiteboard. I was seamlessly using CTRL Z and CTRL V till a few days before. Kindly suggest how to fix.Thankyou....
  8. Key Board Shortcuts are not working on Microsoft Whiteboard.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key Board Shortcuts are not working on Microsoft Whiteboard.: HelloI am unable to use hot Keys on Microsoft Whiteboard. I was seamlessly using CTRL Z and CTRL V till a few days before. Kindly suggest how to fix.Thankyou....
  9. Key Board Shortcuts are not working on Microsoft Whiteboard.

10. Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?

Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel?: Why my right Alt key is giving an × mark when i try to use alt+= shortcut in excel? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-right-alt-key-is-giving-an-mark-when-i-try/821f0074-d8e1-43eb-86e8-a46bc0fce47d