Windows 10: Windows kick out external ssd

Discus and support Windows kick out external ssd in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I try to install game on external ssd, and i did once. But when i tried to install ark, disk usage decreasing to zero and pc kick out external ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iskifogl, May 17, 2020.

1. Windows kick out external ssd

I try to install game on external ssd, and i did once. But when i tried to install ark, disk usage decreasing to zero and pc kick out external ssd. Then i get disk write error. How can i fix this problem?

In a one moment pc kick out ssd and then reconnect , but the installation get error.

submitted by /u/iskifogl
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iskifogl, May 17, 2020
  2. Maggidon Win User

Samsung SSD appears to have kicked the bucket

Thank you for the suggestion. Just perchance it is the Drive, have you ever heard of an SSD kicking out in so quick a time?

Maggidon, May 17, 2020
  3. External SSD recognized as HDD in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to External SSD showing as HDD when connected to the PC using USB 3.0 port. For further clarity on the issue, please respond to the questions below.

1. Have you tried connecting the SSD to any other PC?
    2. Are you using any converter to connect the SSD through USB 3.0 port?
    3. Are you using a RAID configuration?

I have researched on your query and found that the SSD that you are using is an internal SSD drive, in this case I would suggest you to try updating the Intel Rapid Storage drivers from the

intel website
    and see if that helps.

In addition, this issue can occur if the SSD is connected to a SATA controller that is identified as RAID (SCSI). I would suggest you to try connecting the SSD to a SATA port that uses AHCI controller such as Intel SATA controller/chipset.

Please get back to us with the detailed information to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 17, 2020
  4. JonOff Win User

Windows kick out external ssd

External SSD not recognized as SSD in Windows 10

Hello community!

(this topic applies to Windows 10 and Windows 8.1 equally)

my question concerns an external 240GB SSD drive connected to my laptop via an USB 3.0 port. The SSD works fine, but when using the "Optimize Drives" utility, the drive is listed as "Hard Disk Drive" under media type. As stated by almost all SSD manufacturers,
    standard defragmentation on a SSD can actually harm the SSD and over time reduce performance and life-cycle. A test revealed that the optimization for the external SSD is actually performed like on a regular HDD and the TRIM command is not used. This would
    also indicate that the regular TRIM commands issued by Windows are not applied to the external SSD drive either. Short of turning off automatic optimization, is there a way to tell Windows that this is an SSD drive and to treat it as such (regardless of
    the information provided by the disk- or case-controller) ?

See also picture attached -

Drive C: is a SanDisk SDSSDXP480GR131 SSD drive built in the laptop and recognized properly as an SSD.

Drive F: is Lite-On LMT-256M6M SSD drive attached via one of the USB3.0 ports and classified as regular HDD.

Windows kick out external ssd 4fe8f444-305d-4198-837c-34fbdc8e50d7.png

JonOff, May 17, 2020
Thema:

Windows kick out external ssd

1. Windows kick out external ssd - Similar Threads - kick external ssd

2. im getting kicked out of chrome

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    im getting kicked out of chrome: Everytime I use googleWhich i preferI get kicked out of the search and put into Microsoft Bing search. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-getting-kicked-out-of-chrome/0603e7c8-6913-4a8e-b812-7d40f271d3b6
  3. Store kicking me out

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Store kicking me out: This is worst. When I open MS Store it will hangs and never close. I need to restart the computer since I cant close it and I cant do anything in my PC. The task manager will not open as well when the store hangs itself. I was able to use this app before but I cant remember...
  4. Store kicking me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Store kicking me out: This is worst. When I open MS Store it will hangs and never close. I need to restart the computer since I cant close it and I cant do anything in my PC. The task manager will not open as well when the store hangs itself. I was able to use this app before but I cant remember...
  5. Store kicking me out

6. Windows kicks me out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows kicks me out: I have an Alienware computer. Windows 10 I believe. I have an account/profile with a password that I must enter when I boot my computer. I just moved from NY to NJ. When I boot my computer now it asks me to sign into a dell profile not my personal profile. I hit the sign In...
  7. Windows kicks me out

Windows kicks me out: I have an Alienware computer. Windows 10 I believe. I have an account/profile with a password that I must enter when I boot my computer. I just moved from NY to NJ. When I boot my computer now it asks me to sign into a dell profile not my personal profile. I hit the sign In...
  8. Windows kicks me out

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Kicked out of your domain?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kicked out of your domain?: Howdy, I was just about to sign up for our domain. However, there is only Admin as user name. As another user I can not log in and under the password there is also no login in : domain If I look right below but I see that the PC with the cable icon is connected to...
  10. Kicked out of computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Kicked out of computer: My DELL XPS 15 was giving me a black screen after signing in using my Pin code. I looked for solutions online and tried turning my computer on in Safe Mode but I was not aware that you can only use your password in Safe Mode and I've always used my PIN to log in. Now I cannot...