Windows 10: Windows lagging every boot.

Discus and support Windows lagging every boot. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Windows 10 Home i9-9900k 32GB DDR4-3200 RAM All SSD drives RTX 2070 Super Hello, Recently I have encountered an issue where upon booting up my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Brantleycmd, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Windows lagging every boot.

Windows 10 Home

i9-9900k

32GB DDR4-3200 RAM

All SSD drives
    RTX 2070 Super

Hello,

Recently I have encountered an issue where upon booting up my PC, windows is extremely laggy. Given my hardware, even a little lag is noticeable but what I am experiencing is mind numbing. The following symptoms occur after every boot and reboot, and after about 5-10 minutes, everything is normal again. Some noticeable symptoms include:

-**Dragging open windows across desktop lags heavily behind mouse. Can let go of mouse and watch it continue moving the window for a few seconds.**

-Taskbar and Desktop icons take roughly 30 seconds to show up.
    -taskbar preview thumbnails are blank.

-Cortana search bar turns black and is unresponsive when either clicked or accessed via windows key, for at least 3-4 minutes after boot.

-When Search bar shows up again, typing lags heavily.

-UAC requests lag badly, blank screen, then finally the UAC pop up. About 10-15 seconds with visual stuttering of pop up.
    -Clicking any icon on right side of taskbar is unresponsive.
    -opening new windows lags.
    -Once the issues stop, I can make them occur again briefly by unplugging, or plugging in a USB device. For instance, if I plug in an external drive, the same issues occur, but for less than a minute.

Troublshooting so far:

-malwarebytes scan, windows defender scan.

-monitored Task Manager for resource hungry processes, found nothing out of the ordinary.

-restore point restore

-sfc scan

-dskchk

-checked mouse and keyboard drivers, fresh installed iCUE, adjusted DPI and polling some forums said this might be a problem
    -updated graphics driver. Found that Intel UHD graphics do not show up in device manager any more.
    -reseated all drives, RAM, GPU, and mobo connections.
    -ran intel troubleshooting and stress test to rule out processor.
    -disconnected from network and reboot, did not see a change, same issues persisted.

-Briefly suspected thermal throttling, as idle temps were in high 30s and low 40s. Installed a 240 AIO water cooler to replace my 120 AIO and replaced thermal paste.

-Fresh install windows. yes, I know it is an extreme step, but its not a big deal, I don't keep personal files or anything on this machine, it is solely for gaming and rendering and completely backed up

Any ideas on what might be causing these issues at boot would be appreciated.

:)

Brantleycmd, Feb 4, 2020
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Feb 4, 2020
  3. Windows 10 lags

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is when the PC doesn’t perform the way it should be. We were checking the lag issue, but
    in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • How much is the CPU and Disk usage showing in Task Manager, also check if any particular program is having high CPU and Disk usage?

We would suggest you to refer the steps as suggested in this article (Exclude step 10):
    Tips to improve PC performance in Windows 10

Meanwhile, put the PC in Clean Boot and see if you still get the PC lagging issue. Refer the article

How to perform a clean boot in Windows
    . A ‘clean boot’ starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. If the settings app is working fine in Clean Boot then please refer the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to determine the root cause of the issue.

Note: After you finish troubleshooting, follow the section
    Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to reset the computer to start normally.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Feb 4, 2020
  4. GNJha Win User

Windows lagging every boot.

Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, Feb 4, 2020
Thema:

Windows lagging every boot.

1. Windows lagging every boot. - Similar Threads - lagging every boot

2. Windows 10 Fps/Lag once every minute

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Fps/Lag once every minute: Hi everyone, ive had a Problem since a circa a week. My System freezes for half a second once every minute on the clock.(Incedentally the time it takes for the hardware monitor graphs on the Task manager to cycle once) It manifests in Fps Drop and Gpu utilization drop, as...
  3. Windows 10 lag bug for every 10 seconds

Windows 10 lag bug for every 10 seconds: Hello I just recently got Windows 10 for my Dell Latitude e4300. With a Core 2 Duo with a m4500 HD everything will went running and smoothly when I had Windows 7 on the system but once I upgraded to Windows 10 there were tons of problems with the system in the system was not...
  4. Critical errors every boot.

Critical errors every boot.: Hello, i just noticed i keep getting critical errors every boot. I don't know what this means i would appreciate it if someone would help me get rid of these errors. I will list the error below: Windows has started up: Boot Duration : 181114ms IsDegradation :...
  5. Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag Spikes Every 3 Seconds: So, just a few days ago, I got on my computer and started experiencing these lag spikes... It occurs every 2-3 seconds (and it's a second-long spike)... to equate to how this feels: It's like playing an FPS game with lag -- you're shooting a person, but the shots aren't...
  6. delay / lag every 2 seconds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    delay / lag every 2 seconds: it's been almost a year since i got this laptop and its been happening ever since. whenever i use the mouse, touchpad or graphics tablet, it starts to lag for 2 seconds and it happens every 3-5 seconds. i've tried restarting the computer, cleaning out files, uninstalling and...
  7. Blue screen at every boot

Blue screen at every boot: Hello! Since quite some time, I have been receiving a BSOD with "driver power state failure" message. I am using a Toshiba Satellite L50-A-16Q upgraded to Windows 10. From the beginning I have 2 GB of RAM installed in addition, from an old PC. However, the Blue Screen...
  8. Input lag in every game after windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Input lag in every game after windows update: so preety much i was delaying a quite big update possibly for a month but updated it yesterday by mistake (quite big update compared to others) and after that there's input lag similar to vsync option but i have it disabled in all the games 93557
  9. Lag boot time DHCP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lag boot time DHCP: When booting my aging laptop there is a slow down due to this; [img] [img] [img] I was hoping someone can help me solve so to increase boot time ? 75961
  10. Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consistant lag spikes every 8-10 seconds: Hello all, longtime lurker, first time poster. I was a very early adopter of Windows 10 and had no complaints about it until just a few months back. One day my desktops' my wireless network connection started getting slower and slower. This is expected with wireless, but...