Windows 10: Windows lagging, not opening programs

Discus and support Windows lagging, not opening programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I was doing a project amd had many programs running but shut them down then opened a pdf in google chrome. I then went to open word and that's where... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ECKO 724, Nov 29, 2018.

1. ECKO 724 Win User

Windows lagging, not opening programs

I was doing a project amd had many programs running but shut them down then opened a pdf in google chrome. I then went to open word and that's where the problems started. I tried clicking word but it wouldn't open in any way. I then had to power off my computer with my power button. When I restarted it, the screen was completely black except for my cursor. So i restarted it again and it went to the home page but wouldn't let me open any programs. So i reset it again and one of my programs opens but i cannot close it so i ctrl+alt+del and that doesnt open and requires me to restart my computer again. I don't know why it is doing this and it also seems to be running really slow.

:)

ECKO 724, Nov 29, 2018

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 29, 2018
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Nov 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 29, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows lagging, not opening programs - Similar Threads - lagging opening programs

2. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  3. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs: I was away for a month and when I came back, my computer started stuttering every time when I open faceit anticheat. Initially I thought it may be a faceit program problem so I wasn't very concerned, thinking the next update it will be resolved. But then I created a Plex...
  4. Computer lags and stutter when I open specific programs

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Windows lags and shutters in certain programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows lags and shutters in certain programs: Hello, I’ve recently build a very powerful machine and in the next few days after that I had some really annoying/weird problems going on: - I installed photoshop and ccleaner and when I open these specific softwares I experience some sort of lag, as if my mouse cursor goes...
  6. Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Lag & Game Lag after opening games.: Hey so I've been having this problem for a while and I've tried lots of things to try and fix it which none of them have worked. Clean installed windows twice Reinstalled through a flash drive Tried different Ram and Graphics cards I don't believe it is a hardware problem...
  7. Windows Related Program Lags

Windows Related Program Lags: Recently just gaming and studying on my pc, suddenly I noticed a longer boot up time than normal when I opened it this morning, I thought it was normal. But, when I opened apps like Chrome, file explorer, settings, everything was either delaying, not responding, or showing...
  8. Lagging and program is not starting

Lagging and program is not starting: I have installed Windows 10.but none of the program i can run.only open files.not even google chrome or any other dekstop program r working.what to do?...
  9. Lag when opening programs/application

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs/application: Hi, i have a problem where windows lags whenever i open a newly installed or updated program/applications that are on another drive than my OS. This mostly happens when i download and install games through Steam(Cuz i do that very often), but it also happen to League of...
  10. Lag when opening programs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lag when opening programs: --- revised 2/18/16 --- No further instances of lag (which can also stop macros from completing) since SUPERFETCH was disabled. However, some users report occasional lag despite this measure, and the underlying problem is extant. It appears to have nothing to do with...