Windows 10: Windows Lagging/Studdering

Discus and support Windows Lagging/Studdering in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a DELL XPS 15 9550 with a Core i7 processor and 16 GB of memory. I am running Windows 10 20H2. I don't know specifically when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JohnDemitz, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Windows Lagging/Studdering

I have a DELL XPS 15 9550 with a Core i7 processor and 16 GB of memory. I am running Windows 10 20H2. I don't know specifically when the lagging/studdering started. At first it seemed infrequent and the duration minimal. Over several weeks, the frequency has increased. The duration of the lag/studder appears to vary but certainly longer than when I first noticed the problem.

I typically work with Adobe Acrobat DC, Firefox, and MS Office apps running: Outlook with 4 email addresses, Word, Excel. For each app, I have multiple files open.

I appreciate the help.

:)

JohnDemitz, Mar 3, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Mar 3, 2021
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Windows Lagging/Studdering

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Windows Lagging/Studdering

1. Windows Lagging/Studdering - Similar Threads - Lagging Studdering

2. Explorer.exe causing serious lag

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Explorer.exe causing serious lag: So I've been dealing with this issue for YEARS! For some reason, explorer.exe is causing lag on my computer. I've read numerous other users having the same issue but nothing seems to come about to fix it. It simply causes everything to slow down, even though the CPU and RAM...
  3. lag when playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    lag when playing games: hello, can someone help me please? i dont know why my fps suddenly dropped since last month, i already upgrade my ram and clean my laptop but it still doesn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lag-when-playing-games/f6633e5a-f4b9-4f47-b98d-e8eb8b6a87de
  4. After leaving my laptop idle for some time it starts to lag. If I disable to Microsoft...

After leaving my laptop idle for some time it starts to lag. If I disable to Microsoft...: Usually, while playing videos on youtube or even any inactivity for some time, my cursor starts sluggish movements and any input takes almost a half second delay. If I turn off the Microsoft ACPI-complaint control method, it stops the problem but I can't see my battery...
  5. massive lag spikes with a6210 wireless adapter, up to 3000 ms

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    massive lag spikes with a6210 wireless adapter, up to 3000 ms: I am getting massive lag spikes every couple of seconds when I play games, I have tried a lot of things. I have a white gateway 1GB router and I usually get around 200mbps when I do a speed test. I have turned on power-saving mode and also tried doing things in the command...
  6. Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Lag when game's graphic settings are high: I seem to lag in many online games Overwatch, Fortnite, Apex, etc. when the game's graphic settings are set too high. The only way for me to play the multiplayer game is usually all low settings with windowed mode on. This is weird because I thought the graphic settings...
  7. Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Word 16 on Windows 10 lag while scrolling: My issue appears when I open this one particular Word document. It is a Health and Safety Manual, rather large, and uses a table of contents. I'm using Word 16 on Windows 10. When I open it and begin scrolling, the scroll is super slow. It lags, and then after a few scrolls...
  8. Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine

Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine: Yesterday when I was using Fruity Loops Studio Windows started lagging a lot. I'm not knowledgeable about computers, so forgive my wording. The CPU usage in FL is way higher than than it normally is. This seems to have started after downloading free plugins from what seems...
  9. Random Lag & Delay

Random Lag & Delay: Yesterday, my laptop was working fine and running with quick speed, until I slapped my desk. When I hit my desk, my laptop's screen cut to black. I checked the cables and nothing was unplugged, I then decided to try power my laptop up, and it worked, but there was a problem....
  10. Mystery Lag/Stuttering

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mystery Lag/Stuttering: My windows 10 computer experiences random lag/stuttering that I have been unable to fix. It manifests in games, google chrome, using Windows Media player, right now as I just typed this, file explorer, etc. I have tried reinstalling my operating system, which did not help. I...