Windows 10: Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine

Discus and support Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Yesterday when I was using Fruity Loops Studio Windows started lagging a lot. I'm not knowledgeable about computers, so forgive my wording. The CPU... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AnonymousOnonymous, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine

Yesterday when I was using Fruity Loops Studio Windows started lagging a lot. I'm not knowledgeable about computers, so forgive my wording.

The CPU usage in FL is way higher than than it normally is. This seems to have started after downloading free plugins from what seems to be a trustworthy site, Blue Cat Audio. After using these plugins in FL the CPU usage started going way higher than normal. Sometimes this happened in the past, but closing FL was all that was needed to be done to fix it. This stays whenever I reopen FL.

It turns out, however, that this is actually affecting all my apps. Chrome runs normally, but when I tried playing Minecraft it was absolutely unplayable no matter what settings I changed, despite usually running at 60fps.

-I deleted the plugins from Blue Cat but that hasn't fixed it.

-Using a free trial of Malwarebytes I scanned for viruses and found nothing.
    -I updated Windows and nothing changed

What other solutions are there???

:)

AnonymousOnonymous, Apr 12, 2021
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Connection Problems (buffering, network Lag)

Alright, I tried all of them, even uninstalling, but it still buffers and connection lag.

Troubleshooting just tells me everything is fine and doesn't really help heh.

Thank you.

BradleyMcSheffrey, Apr 12, 2021
  4. Jay Jap Win User

Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine

Buffering on Windows 10 is giving me a headache. Please help

Hello David,

There are multiple reasons why your Movies and TV app buffers. I would like to know more information to isolate the concern:

• When did it start?
    • What changes have you made prior to the issue.
    • Is this happening to other streaming apps, like YouTube, Netflix, etc.?

In the meantime, I suggest that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article
    to isolate the issue.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Jay Jap, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine

1. Windows lags and buffers in larger apps that used to run fine - Similar Threads - lags buffers larger

2. Screen keeps flickering whenever using some applications. Most apps run fine but a select...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen keeps flickering whenever using some applications. Most apps run fine but a select...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ThatBoySteven [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/zfxgvd/screen_keeps_flickering_whenever_using_some/
  3. 99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging: in my pc , i got the new windows 11 home , from few days my pc is randomly showing 99% usadge of memory i.e ram in the task manager ,and the pc is hagging alot due to which i am not able to do anything , i have no apps or broweser aur anything open ,still its showing 99% of...
  4. 99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    99% of the RAM memory being use but no app is running ,pc lagging: in my pc , i got the new windows 11 home , from few days my pc is randomly showing 99% usadge of memory i.e ram in the task manager ,and the pc is hagging alot due to which i am not able to do anything , i have no apps or broweser aur anything open ,still its showing 99% of...
  5. why is my apps and features getting larger and larger? windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my apps and features getting larger and larger? windows 10: why is my apps and features getting larger and larger. it was 15 gb and over time it became 17.8gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-apps-and-features-getting-larger-and/d22fa04b-91c2-4d1e-8946-c057642acd8a
  6. why is my apps and features getting larger and larger? windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is my apps and features getting larger and larger? windows 10: why is my apps and features getting larger and larger. it was 15 gb and over time it became 17.8gb https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-apps-and-features-getting-larger-and/d22fa04b-91c2-4d1e-8946-c057642acd8a
  7. why is my apps and features getting larger and larger? windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Windows is lagging and buffering

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is lagging and buffering: Hello, My laptop is experiencing minor lags and stutters I'm providing the Latency monitor reports and it seems that "storport.sys" is causing a problem. Please help me fix this issue...
  9. Cortana is Buffering and Buffering

in Cortana
    Cortana is Buffering and Buffering: When I try to sign in Cortana is just Buffering and nothing is happening can any one help me , please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-buffering-and-buffering/2a2c4c48-39a4-443b-93a0-608523ba7b45
  10. Stack based buffer over run

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Stack based buffer over run: On a few of my games upon closing them i have been getting a warning that there is a stack based buffer over run present or within my system. So today i took the time to completely wipe both of my drives and do a clean install of windows. Now i have re-downloaded a few of my...