Windows 10: Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done

Discus and support Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have done a recent clean installation of windows 10. For first few times there was no problem in booting up and regular usage of my desktop computer.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Gold D Lion, Jan 2, 2019.

1. Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done

I have done a recent clean installation of windows 10. For first few times there was no problem in booting up and regular usage of my desktop computer. Then suddenly one day, the windows interface was extremely lagging, the mouse cursor froze but moved as if the FPS was 1 but not even that. There remained no other options and I had to shut my computer down by directly switching it off. The LED indicator present on the chassis which indicated the usage of hard disk was constantly glowing rather than blinking. There was another problem I faced while installing the drivers for NVIDIA GPU which is a MSI GeForce GTX 1050 Ti. The setup wizard said that the graphics drivers were not compatible with the version of windows I am using. But I have myself downloaded windows 10 via media creation tool from the official website of Microsoft. Note that I have installed my Windows 10 in an SSD from Kingston which is 250 GB.

Please help with the uncommon lagging and freezing at times and also try to solve the matter of my GPU driver issue as well.

Hoping for the best answers....

:)

Gold D Lion, Jan 2, 2019
  2. Jose Est Win User

Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jan 2, 2019
  3. Freezing or extremely browser with constant keyboard-typing-lagging. please, help.- i tried everything possible.

hi, i spent two days now trying to fix the freezing or extremely slow browser(s) with constant lagging of my keyboard-typing-lagging as of now.

after cleaning, defrag, deactivation of auto-run-programs, visus-and malware-scan etc. etc. nothing helps., please, help!

i need an expert. thank you. keyvan

KeyvanDavani, Jan 2, 2019
  4. Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done

Windows 10 - extreme input lags

Since a longer time i get extreme keyboard input lag. Sometimes its just a second delay but it can be for up to a minute. While playing or writing its not fun at all. Below some short notes:

1. CPU during lag is ok and is around 5 to 40%
    2. HDD is far away from being busy during lags
    3. Temperatur CPU 28°C and Motherboard 30°C last time it occured
    4. Sometimes it is only for a minute, sometimes it lasts for way longer times
    5. JAVA has been uninstalled
    6. Someone told me to use Razer Boost Software (did not help!)
    7. Keyboard Battery Status is at 100% (tested it with wired keyboard - same issue)
    8. Using Windows 10 now but it was same issue with Windows 7 before!
    9. When lagging it concerns all Software running i.e. games, editors etc...
    10. Using Chrome. Lags persist if I end all Chrome tasks.
    11. I am using Avira AntiVir (Free version). (Does this effect keyboard input?)
    12. Lag only for Keyboard. Mouse and other Input such as Audio works like a charm.

I read through various threads in the internet with people having similar issues but found nothing that matched this exact problem. For most of them uninstalling Java helped....

Thanks so much for all the comments

Regards
    André

André Rodriguez, Jan 2, 2019
Thema:

Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done

1. Windows lags and freezes extremely that nothing can be done - Similar Threads - lags freezes extremely

2. Extreme lag and crashes with Windows 11. Can I downgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extreme lag and crashes with Windows 11. Can I downgrade to Windows 10?: Hello,After the problems I reported here I freshly reinstalled the Windows 10 as suggested. All good! A few days after, when Windows Update prompted the Windows 11 I upgraded straightaway figuring It would be inevitably at some point so this would be the best...
  3. Extreme lag and crashes with Windows 11. Can I downgrade to Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extreme lag and crashes with Windows 11. Can I downgrade to Windows 10?: Hello,After the problems I reported here I freshly reinstalled the Windows 10 as suggested. All good! A few days after, when Windows Update prompted the Windows 11 I upgraded straightaway figuring It would be inevitably at some point so this would be the best...
  4. Laptop always freezes, nothing can be done except force shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop always freezes, nothing can be done except force shut down: For a few months, my laptop has been freezing randomly with no way of fixing it other than force shut down.Yes, I sent the laptop to a repair shop and they said my laptop was gaming and that it should not be freezing.They even told me to not open too many tabs at once to...
  5. Laptop always freezes, nothing can be done except force shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop always freezes, nothing can be done except force shut down: For a few months, my laptop has been freezing randomly with no way of fixing it other than force shut down.Yes, I sent the laptop to a repair shop and they said my laptop was gaming and that it should not be freezing.They even told me to not open too many tabs at once to...
  6. Laptop always freezes, nothing can be done except force shut down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Extreme keyboard lag

Extreme keyboard lag: I was just making a video on ROBLOX and in the middle of it, I go to walk in-game and it doesn't respond, so I just try again, it doesn't work. so I mash keys trying to make it work, and it works after TEN. PAINFUL. MINUTES. Did I mention I was recording during this and was...
  8. Windows freezing and lagging.

Windows freezing and lagging.: Recently I reinstalled windows 10 because I had an absurd amount of files and other applications I don't need. I figure the performance would increase also the disc was filling up. I cloned my ssd and reinstalled it. But after I reinstalled it, windows started freezing all...
  9. Can This Be Done?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can This Be Done?: When I'm doing my nightly backup, my program is running slow. I really don't have any clue why, but I think it has something to do with the external drive. Okay, so this is what I"m wondering if Task Scheduler can do for me. I run my back up at 10:30 every night. I would like...
  10. PC freezes and nothing can be done?

PC freezes and nothing can be done?: Hello, I built a PC myself about 2 weeks ago and since the beginning the PC freezes completely and nothing can be done. This does not happen with certain games or programs, so it is not dependent on them. I have been working on a solution since the beginning without...