Windows 10: Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times.

Discus and support Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I tried to search it up, but I can't find right phrase to show me the right answers. Basically it behaves as if it has a small half a second lag and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TeDeO_303, Oct 27, 2020.

1. Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times.

I tried to search it up, but I can't find right phrase to show me the right answers.

Basically it behaves as if it has a small half a second lag and the cursor stops, and then jumps to place it should be. Similar with keyboard. In the moment of lag it doesn't write anything and then it writes like 15 letters of the key that was pressed at the time.

What's wierd it mostly happens on certain moments. Keyboard freaks out only when logging in (writing login/email and password) and mouse usually is good overall and in games, but while doing basic things like file explorer it lags.

I have no idea what's causing it.

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit 2004 19041.575

Keyboard: Logitech K120

Mouse: A4Tech Opto 518

submitted by /u/TeDeO_303
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TeDeO_303, Oct 27, 2020

2. Cursor jump

Hi,

One of the possible causes why you're having cursor jump issue might due to some hardware setting corruption.
    To isolate the cause of this issue, we need additional information.Kindly answer the following questions:

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you experiencing this issue every time you type to a certain app or to all of the apps/programs?
    • Any troubleshooting steps you've tried so far?

We look forward to your reply.

Michelle Vil, Oct 27, 2020
  3. Cursor jumps around

Hi,

My cursor jumps around and is causing all kinds of typing errors in Word, Web apps (i.e., Facebook) and desktop apps (i.e., Evernote). Here's an example:

It's driving me cray ! No, I did not intentionaly mispell these words. y cursor did it for me. Mslz

Do you notice all the mis-spelled words? I typed it perfectly and Windows did the rest. Whenever I type the letter "y", my cursor jumps back a space (before the 'y'). It pushes the letter before the y to the end of my typing. Do you notice the "Mslz" at
    the end?

• The 'z' is from cra(z)y
    • The 'l' is from intentional(l)y
    • The 's' is from mis(s)pell
    • The 'M' is from (M)y

Sometimes the cursor jumps to the next line and elsewhere on the page. This example above is just one instance and it's driving me insane! Can someone please help?

MarkSeward617, Oct 27, 2020
  4. PJMcWill Win User

Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times.

Jumping cursor and stuck letters

I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago. Since then, I have noticed that my cursor jumps from one line to another, and between letters of the word that is being typed. Letters that I am typing, in emails, documents, on the internet, don't always show up!
    It's frustrating to take several minutes to type something that should take less than one!!

PJMcWill, Oct 27, 2020
Thema:

Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times.

1. Windows lags for a moment and causes cursor jumping and writing one letter a lot of times. - Similar Threads - lags moment causes

2. problem letters jump

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    problem letters jump: problem typing - letters jump - especially o and u - cursor goes backwards so goes appears as geso https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-letters-jump/c9d90ea2-83a8-4f68-8fbf-c1d22620ffda
  3. cursor jump

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cursor jump: I use Windows 10. I have an HP notebook with touchscreen and Bang & Olufsen Keyboard with keypad. My cursor often jumps when I am typing. I try to type Microsoft Community and sometimes I will get something like MicrosCommuoft unity. That is the worst part. Next worst...
  4. Mouse cursor jumps around when I'm trying to write.

Mouse cursor jumps around when I'm trying to write.: My cursor is constantly jumping around when am trying to write making me have to watch very carefully where my cursor is. How can I prevent the cursor from jumping around on the page??...
  5. I have a MS Arc Mouse and the cursor jumps - a lot

I have a MS Arc Mouse and the cursor jumps - a lot: I have an ARC mouse installed on my Surface Pro and find that the cursor jumps around. I previously used a MS Bluetooth mouse 3600 , which ran super smooth, but that is now being used on a another laptop. I did disable the 3600 as a connected device and it no longer shows in...
  6. cursor jumping

in Windows 10 Customization
    cursor jumping: Acer v3-572p with Windows 10. Cursor jumps to upper right corner of screen. What's going on? Nobody seems to have the answer. Is this a hardware problem or a software problem. How do I troubleshoot the computer to find and fix?...
  7. jumping cursor

jumping cursor: I have had my Acer Aspire v3-572p computer for years and have had no problems. Just this week I have noticed that the cursor is jumping to the upper right corner. I have several icons in that corner and the cursor will select one of them and open it. I have Windows 10...
  8. writing letters

in Windows 10 Customization
    writing letters: New computer, Windows 10--previously used Microsoft Word--this one uses wordpad, unfortunately saves as .rtf file which I then can't open----any ideas (why haven't I got word)...
  9. Cursor jumps

Cursor jumps: Hi, My cursor jumps to the top of the screen, taking me out of windows etc. Four Microsoft people have remotely tried to fix it and no success. Any ideas? Thank you!...
  10. Jumping cursor

Jumping cursor: Why does my cursor keeping jumping, sometimes my text gets highlighted then deletes. This happens in all programs that have text writing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/jumping-cursor/17c969aa-8caf-4ef7-99de-7b2740648855