Windows 10: Windows languages settings keeps getting reset

Discus and support Windows languages settings keeps getting reset in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, for a few months now I've been having troubles with the windows language settings, they just keep getting reset! I have two languages: English... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Skeith86, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Skeith86 Win User

Windows languages settings keeps getting reset

Hello, for a few months now I've been having troubles with the windows language settings, they just keep getting reset!

I have two languages: English (UK) and Hebrew. I used English US, but I changed it. However, after a few hours- days of use, windows adds English US in addition to both languages that I normally use. This means that I have to Alt+Shift twice to change between languages and spell checking is a mess. I've talked with several representatives for like four or five times by now, always claiming that they've "solved the issue for real this time" but all they've done was delete the spare language, and after awhile it'll just return.

What I want is to make sure that English (US) will be deleted and won't come back again. It's driving me crazy!

:)

Skeith86, Sep 14, 2019
  2. 95Viper Win User

Windows 8.1 update changed the language, can't change back

Maybe, these will help... it seems it is a common enough problem.

Language packs are no longer available after you upgrade to Windows 8.1

And, sort of the same here --> Add a language or keyboard

Quote from above MS web page:

Spoiler Download and install language packs
    You'll need to download the language pack if you want to make a language your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps).
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click a language that says Language pack available underneath, and then tap or click Options.
    • Tap or click Download. The download process might take a while, depending on your PC and the size of the language pack.
      If you want to make this your display language, see the next section "Change your Windows display language".
    Change your Windows display language
    To change your Windows display language (that's the language you see most often in Windows and apps), first add a language, download and install the language pack, and then follow these steps.
    • Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, tap Settings, and then tap Change PC settings.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the lower-right corner of the screen, move the mouse pointer up, click Settings, and then click Change PC settings.)
    • Tap or click Time and language, and then tap or click Region and language.
    • Tap or click the language that you want to set as your display language.
    • Tap or click Set as primary to move the language to the top of the list. If the language can become your Windows display language, you'll see Will be display language after next sign-in appear under the language.
    • Sign out and then sign back in to finish.
    And here is some more info --> Add Language Packs to Windows

95Viper, Sep 14, 2019
  3. Resetting language and regions

Hi Dee,

The option to reset the language and region can either be done in the Control Panel or the Settings app. Since you are having issues with the reset option, we would like to ask for additional information to help us provide the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps. Please answer the following:

• What build and version of Windows 10 is your PC running on?
    • Did you get an error after resetting the language and region?
    • In which language and region are you trying to reset it to?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Sep 14, 2019
  4. Windows languages settings keeps getting reset

Arabic language font problem

Hi,

We understand the inconvenience you are facing and will assist you.

I suggest you to remove the language pack, download the language pack and set it as default and check for status.

To remove the language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Select the language and click on Remove.

To add a language pack, follow the steps below:

• Click on Start>Settings>Time & Language.
    • In the left pane, click on Region & Language.
    • Click on Add language.
    • Select the language from the list, download and set as default.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows languages settings keeps getting reset

1. Windows languages settings keeps getting reset - Similar Threads - languages settings keeps

2. Why my bios settings keep getting reset?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why my bios settings keep getting reset?: Hello,Im currently facing a problem with my bios. I enabled virtualization in bios settings but when i boot my pc again after shutting it down it automatically gets disabled. The problem is also with other settings like if i change graphics memory it reset to its default...
  3. My language settings keep crashing

in Windows 10 Customization
    My language settings keep crashing: I've had this problem for over a year now but I kept forgetting to try to get help online when i open the time & language settings i get a loading circle and it never dissapears, if i try to click on anything at all the app freezes and i have to shut it down with task...
  4. Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 IPv6 DNS settings keep getting reset: In my home network, I have a DNS server set up. I'd like windows to use this server along with the standard Google DNS server. I set up my DNS servers like this: [ATTACH] I save the settings, even click the validate checkbox. It works for a while, but mainly after...
  5. Language hot keys keep automatically reseting

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Language hot keys keep automatically reseting: I use many languages in my every day work so the hot keys feature in "Language bar options" is essential to me, but for some reason it keeps reseting itself back to default. I had the same issue for years on my old Dell XPS 13 and now that I bought a Surface Book 2 I thought...
  6. ADvanced Key Setting to Toggle Between Language/Input Keeps Resetting

ADvanced Key Setting to Toggle Between Language/Input Keeps Resetting: Hello, I have set up shortcuts under the "Text Services and Input Languages" window. I have assigned three shortcuts to three languages: English, Greek, and Hebrew. however, when I am not in Word they do not work. In addition, I have to reset the shortcuts constantly as...
  7. Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Keeps Resetting Folder Settings: I have set view type of all folders to 'large icons, and in many folders i have shorted files by either date, date created or date modified. But windows keeps resetting view type of some folders to list and short files by name. For example i have 2 folders names Documents1...
  8. Windows keeps resetting to factory settings

Windows keeps resetting to factory settings: Windows updated several weeks ago and since then it has reset the desktop to factory setting 4-5 times. All shortcuts are gone, background personalization is lost, ShareFile and Dropbox have to be reconfigured, items added to Quick Access have to be re-added, my desire for...
  9. Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason

Language hotkeys keep resetting for no reason: I have Windows 10 and a new Asus laptop. When I set hotkeys to change the language quickly (ctlr+1 for English and ctrl+2 for French), these hotkeys keep resetting randomly to nothing (like I never defined them) after prolonged periods, say every 1-2 days. It litteraly...
  10. windows display language and mouse settings being reset

in Windows 10 Support
    windows display language and mouse settings being reset: i have two different problems on windows 10 first of all i have windows 10 pro and i'm using a desktop not a laptop so first problem: i want to change the windows display language for a friend from English to Arabic he also uses the same windows version as i am, I've...