Windows 10: Windows laptop hacked

Discus and support Windows laptop hacked in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently bought a high configuration Lenovo laptop for my friend(let’s say Alex) to let him use it as a host server for his tool stack. Alex... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/partha_t, Oct 2, 2020.

1. Windows laptop hacked

I recently bought a high configuration Lenovo laptop for my friend(let’s say Alex) to let him use it as a host server for his tool stack. Alex installed all his tools directly downloaded from Oracle and opened the Windows RDP to let his students access the server and practice the tools. He gave these RDP creds to around 10 folks and they have been remotely connecting to this laptop for the past 3 days.

This morning, he was surprised to see that this host laptop has been hacked and a screen appears asking for Bitcoin whenever Alex tried to power it on. Looks like the malware encrypted the laptop and not letting to boot. Later, he even noticed that his Internet router has been hacked by the malware residing on the host laptop. Alex was able to reset his router, change some critical passwords and all but he didn’t notice any other suspicious emails or credit card activities for now. He’s on his way to my place to drop off the laptop at my place so that I can look into it.

Format and Resetting the laptop is our next plan of action if it lets us do it but I want to know if anyone here experienced this before and seen any impact. Any help on how to fix this is much appreciated.

submitted by /u/partha_t
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/partha_t, Oct 2, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Oct 2, 2020
  3. R.Mike Win User
    Email Hacked

Hello Greg

thank you for your response and the great information you provided.

I use two step authentication for my email account and all important web sites. I also use the full version of Malwarebytes to protect my computer.

But I will do the scans you suggested AdwCleaner and Limewire.com and let you know the results.

I am worried though that the webcam installed on my laptop could have been hacked. I never use it and forgot about it, so never disabled it.

Any suggestions as to find if it was actually hacked?

thank you

mike

R.Mike, Oct 2, 2020
  4. Rohit_R Win User

Windows laptop hacked

My laptop is remotely hacked

Hi there,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In line with your concern, please help me with following question:

• Are you using the Local account or Microsoft account on the computer?

Try to perform the below steps:

• Scan the system with the
      Microsoft Safety Scanner
    • Turn ON the Windows Updates and get all the required Updates to install.
    Update Windows 10

Refer this link if facing any issues with the Windows Updates:

Windows 10 Updates: FAQ

You may follow the steps in the below link to protect your PC from Viruses and Hacking:

Protect my PC from viruses and Hackers

Hope it helps.

Rohit Raina

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Rohit_R, Oct 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows laptop hacked

1. Windows laptop hacked - Similar Threads - laptop hacked

2. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  3. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.: I was notified that I was hacked by Microsoft, which led me to be a victim of phone fraud, all the while being led to believe I was talking to you....
  4. I was notified on my laptop that I had a Microsoft security breach. This led me to be hacked.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?: I am just wondering how do you know if your laptop or mobile device has been hacked? My laptop keeps popping up different files trace, location, event id and log files, also it says I have a webcam connected and to turn on when i log in? How can I find it and erase anything...
  6. how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?

how to get your laptop and mobile device back straight after being hacked?: I am just wondering how do you know if your laptop or mobile device has been hacked? My laptop keeps popping up different files trace, location, event id and log files, also it says I have a webcam connected and to turn on when i log in? How can I find it and erase anything...
  7. hacked laptop account compromized

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hacked laptop account compromized: my laptop account was hacked a message came on said windows defender and microsoft put a stop on any thing to call a 1888 number thay went into my banking and ?...
  8. hacked laptop account compromized

hacked laptop account compromized: my laptop account was hacked a message came on said windows defender and microsoft put a stop on any thing to call a 1888 number thay went into my banking and ?...
  9. someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell to remote hack my laptop using windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell to remote hack my laptop using windows...: someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell and many other programs and tools to remote hack-take over my laptop using windows 10 pro .. group policy has beeen enforced i cant even click yes to accept a download or change a setting ...........
  10. someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell to remote hack my laptop using windows...

someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell to remote hack my laptop using windows...: someone has used windows server 2012 and powershell and many other programs and tools to remote hack-take over my laptop using windows 10 pro .. group policy has beeen enforced i cant even click yes to accept a download or change a setting ...........