Windows 10: Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

Discus and support Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have updated my windows 10 to feature updated 2004 after 2 days of fighting somehow. However, it happened with my laptop earlier when i did updates... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ZunaidRafique, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

I have updated my windows 10 to feature updated 2004 after 2 days of fighting somehow. However, it happened with my laptop earlier when i did updates that whenever I plug in my charger, it starts lagging very much. Response time becomes like 2 mins for a click. I have lenovo, i5 8th gen, 8gb RAM, 860Gb out 1TB free storage. MY laptop hardware battery is all fine. Its a software problem with windows. Please fix it. I tried all sorts of things like sfc .scannow, dism..........system restore and all that cmd commands, but nothing worked. My drivers are updated. pls note, i updated windows with update assistant from microsoft. My system did crash earlier, but i fixed/repaired those every single damages but still this is not fixed

:)

ZunaidRafique, Aug 2, 2020

2. Plugged in but battery does not charge

If the laptop works without the battery then charger is functioning correctly. Take a cloth with a bit of rubbing alcohol on it (or some on-the-go alcohol swabs), and clean the metal contacts that connect your battery to your laptop.

Make sure to install all Windows important updates.

Install latest versions of your laptop device drivers you can download the latest device drivers from the device manufacturer or from your laptop manufacturer website.

Step 1

1. Shutdown your laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Connect the AC power adapter to your laptop.

4. Power on the laptop

5. Open the Device Manager by typing Devmgmt.msc into Start Menu or from Control Panel.

6. Under the Batteries category, right-click all of the Microsoft ACPI Compliant Control Method Battery listings, and select Uninstall (it’s ok if you only have 1).

Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only pbDp4sx.png

7. Shutdown the laptop.

8. Insert the battery.

9. Power on the laptop.

If above suggestions wont resolve the battery charge issue then follow below steps.

Step 2

1. Shutdown the laptop.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Start the laptop with only AC adapter connected to laptop.

4. When you login to Windows OS connect the battery while Windows OS working.

Step 3

Reset the System Management Controller. Use one of these methods to reset the SMC, which controls battery management, battery status light.

1. Shut down the computer and disconnect the power cord.

2. Remove the battery.

3. Press and hold the power button for ten seconds.

4. Reattach the battery and AC power adapter, then start up the laptop.

Hopefully one of the above suggestions will help you resolve the battery not charging problem. If battery still doesn't charge, you may need to replace your battery.

FreeBooter, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Laptop lags when i plugged in or unplug charger while playing

Hi,

I'm looking for the fix, well, when i'm turning on my laptop, while it's charging, and i'm playing the game, and when i just unplug charger, it's have terrible lag, and this repeat also when i'm turning on my laptop on battery, playing games well, and when
    i plugged in charger it's lagging again. and when i restart the system, it's works fine again. i can't found any fix of this. i know this is caused from battery management, but i tried a lot of steps for this. but i can't stop this problem.. if anyone knows
    the fix. please comment the steps.

Sincerely,

David Gelkhauri.

DavidGelkhauri, Aug 2, 2020
  4. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

My computer will lag out when I plug it in. (Don't know if it's the right section)

Sounds like some software is optimizing when plugged in. This would draw from your CPU causing a frame rate drop. Some programs are designed to only optimize when the laptop is plugged in.

What security software suit are you running? Can you give a list of non-windows processes when plugged in? Give it about 10 minutes plugged in before gathering the list. This will allow any program optimizations to start and bog the CPU.

I don't think there is anything wrong with his Laptop. This smells of a software issue.

TheMailMan78, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only

1. Windows laptop lagging when charging/plugged in only - Similar Threads - laptop lagging charging

2. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  3. Lag when laptop is plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lag when laptop is plugged in: I have noticed that my games tend to run smoother when it's not plugged in, but not very good when it is plugged in, how do I fix this?I have a Dell Inspo 14 5410 on Windows 11 with an 11th Gen Intel R Core TM Version 10.022621I understand that this laptop was not meant for...
  4. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  5. Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop starts lagging when charging plugged in: Hello,I've been having this problem for 2 weeks now. But, whenever I charge my laptop it starts lagging. I've tried many things like changing power management but it doesn't work. I've switched chargers but all the chargers I use have the same problem with this laptop. So, if...
  6. Laptop lags when I charge it

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop lags when I charge it: My game starts to lag when I put it on charge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-lags-when-i-charge-it/dd6e5cb7-641f-4af7-83c9-80c21c3ef6c1
  7. laptop lagged when plugged in

laptop lagged when plugged in: hello everyone ,i have a hp elitebook 8460 p and i saerched for this problem for a long time , i saw some peaple fixed it when they shanched their power plan but that doesn"t work , so the exact problem is that when i plug my pc in for charching it is almost unuseble i tried...
  8. laptop lags when charging

laptop lags when charging: hi, recently I've been experiencing a problem with my laptop - whenever I put it on charge it lags.I've tried multiple forums, but it doesn't seem to be doing anything. The laptop is a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 series, but it runs windows 10, and it has been doing htis for quite...
  9. Laptop lags while Plugged in charging

Laptop lags while Plugged in charging: Hi everyone, I have a problem, my Laptop lags while Plugged in charging . I got dell inspiron 3480 about a year ago. I am facing a problem of lag while i am gaming or just web surfing. i have tried to fix the problem by changing additional power settings in power option and...
  10. Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge

Acer laptop only powers on when plugged in an doesn't charge: I purchased an acer aspire 3 a315-51-3879 just over a month ago. The charger wouldn't charge the laptop so I purchased a new charger with the same specifications which is working as it starts the laptop up however the laptop would not charge anymore. I am guessing there is a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How to fix my windows 10 from lagging while charging using cmd

2. windows 10 laptop lagging without charger connected

3. laptop starts lagging when plugged in