Windows 10: WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?

Discus and support WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Asus zenbook pro 14, specs: intel i7 processor 8gb Ram NVidia GeForce GTX 1050 When I play gta 5 on it it runs very hot and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ImmaturePindy, Jun 26, 2019.

1. WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?

Hi, I have an Asus zenbook pro 14, specs:

intel i7 processor

8gb Ram

NVidia GeForce GTX 1050

When I play gta 5 on it it runs very hot and the fans are loud. Is this normal?

The laptop easily meets the recommended system specifications.

Thanks

:)

ImmaturePindy, Jun 26, 2019

2. When playing games the hot keys are active

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to disable Hot Keys and check if that helps.

• Right click anywhere on your desktop screen and select Graphics Options.

• Navigate to Hot Keys and then click on Disable.

• Check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jun 26, 2019
  3. Unable to run a game on Windows 10.

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

- When you say 'ive tried troubleshooting', what are you referring to?

- Did you check in compatibility mode?

I suggest to run the game in compatibility mode by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the ‘Setup’ icon for the game and click on properties.

• Under Compatibility tab, check the option for ‘Run in Compatibility mode’.

• Select Windows 8.1 from the drop down list.

• Click on Apply and then OK.

Please revert with all the necessary information and we will be happy to help you.

Guru Kiran G, Jun 26, 2019
  4. WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?

Wanting to run old games

Hi Jameson,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to refer the below link and check the compatibility of the game with Windows 10.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/compatibility/CompatCenter/Home

You may also try installing the game in compatibility mode.
    Follow these steps to install the game software in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Right-click on the game setup file and click on
            ‘properties’.

• Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
            ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to get in touch with the game manufacturer if it’s specific to that particular game.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Jun 26, 2019
Thema:

WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming?

1. WIndows laptop runs hot when gaming? - Similar Threads - laptop runs hot

2. Laptop keeps crashing when running games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop keeps crashing when running games: I haven't encountered this issue until 2 weeks ago. Now every time I run a game, the laptop goes to BSOD within a few minutes. I haven't had any issues with these games in the past, they were running smoothly until the issues started appearing.Device name: HP-Pavilion-15...
  3. Laptop keeps crashing when running games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop keeps crashing when running games: I haven't encountered this issue until 2 weeks ago. Now every time I run a game, the laptop goes to BSOD within a few minutes. I haven't had any issues with these games in the past, they were running smoothly until the issues started appearing.Device name: HP-Pavilion-15...
  4. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  5. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.: Most comments about laptop heat lead to suggestions on how to clean out dust and elevate the machine to keep it running cooler. My question is not about how to prevent but why heat happens intermittently, that is, once in a while. I can run it for hours with it barely warm,...
  6. What makes a laptop run hot sometimes.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Windows 11 running hot?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 running hot?: I installed windows 11 on my PC from the microsoft download site. All went well, but I've noticed 2 potential problem already. 1. Windows Hello that worked fine in 10 now says I have to be closer for it to recognize me. So I have to lean forward in my chair every time I log...
  8. Windows 11 running hot?

Windows 11 running hot?: I installed windows 11 on my PC from the microsoft download site. All went well, but I've noticed 2 potential problem already. 1. Windows Hello that worked fine in 10 now says I have to be closer for it to recognize me. So I have to lean forward in my chair every time I log...
  9. Laptop hot when idle and plugged in

Laptop hot when idle and plugged in: So I'm having this problem with my laptop Eluktronics Mech-15 G2R I use my laptop plugged in 99% of the time, so it's not a battery charging overheating thing. When I unplug the laptop, the temperature drops to 45C which keeps the fans inactive. However, when I plug it in...
  10. Hot laptop

Hot laptop: what should I be concerned about if the bottom of laptop is unusually hot? Do I need a new battery? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hot-laptop/c5bef7e6-3f3a-476f-a0b6-e9bd979de3b4