Windows 10: Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

Discus and support Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi All,I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't quite get it.I've switched just over 50 win 11 pro laptops a few win 10 pro from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrew Sader, Mar 5, 2024.

1. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

Hi All,I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't quite get it.I've switched just over 50 win 11 pro laptops a few win 10 pro from domain joined to hybrid azure, and enrolled them into intune endpoint?. We have a policy to upgrade them to enterprise automatically. They've all switched over to windows enterprise, and everything is fine on them. 2 of them however have switched over to enterprise, and are getting an activation error:We cant activate windows on this device as we cant connect to your organization's activation server. Make sure you are connected to your organi

:)

Andrew Sader, Mar 5, 2024

2. WIndows 10 upgrade activation for previous Windows 7 Enterprise (previously licensed)

Enterprise can only be upgraded through the volume license center. You need to contact them

If you are running the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview, to upgrade to the final release of Windows 10 Enterprise you will need to download and activate it from

Volume Licensing Service Center
    . As a reminder, the Enterprise edition of the Windows 10 Insider Preview is not eligible for the free upgrade offer and can only be upgraded to the final release of Windows 10 through an
    active Software Assurance agreement.

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Mar 5, 2024
  3. Windows 11 enterprise is not activated but my windows 10 enterprise was activated. If i install windows 10 enterprise, will it be activated with same digital license as it was?

I got laptop under Prime minister scheme. My laptop had pre installed window 10 Enterprise and it was activated. Although i didnt linked my microsoft account due to which digital license was not linked to my microsoft account and i just upgraded to windows 11 enterprise. Now Windows 11 Enterprise is not activated. I tried everything to activate this even by finding the product key through registry but it doesnot work. Now i cant even go back ti windows 10 enterprise as 10 days has been passed. If i download windows 10 enterprise from microsoft website, will it be activated with the same digital license as i had earlier? As i heard that digital key of windows is stored of bios of laptop?

Kindly please help me out.

Faraz Khoso, Mar 5, 2024
  4. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

Windows 10 Activation issue after upgrading Pro to Enterprise using M365 E5 License

Dear All,

I upgraded my Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise by joining Azure AD with Microsoft 365 E5 license and also I joined Windows Insider Program "Release Preview Channel".

When I check to my Windows Activation, it show 3 option:

1)Edition : Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview

2)Subscription: Windows 10 Enterprise Insider Preview subscription is active

3)Activation: Windows is activated with a digital license

But some laptops at my organization only show 2 option:

1) Edition

2) Activation

Please help me what is the difference between this two option?

Thanks

Kyaw MinNaing, Mar 5, 2024
Thema:

Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

1. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise - Similar Threads - laptops activating once

2. Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows laptops not activating once license upgraded to enterprise: Hi All,I've been trying to figure this out for a while now and can't quite get it.I've switched just over 50 win 11 pro laptops a few win 10 pro from domain joined to hybrid azure, and enrolled them into intune endpoint?. We have a policy to upgrade them to enterprise...
  3. Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue: Our organization recently purchased brand new Lenovo desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 Pro edition through the factory image. We image them all through SCCM using a custom Windows 11 enterprise v22H2 image captured from a reference virtual machine. After image...
  4. Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Enterprise license activation issue: Our organization recently purchased brand new Lenovo desktops and laptops that come with Windows 11 Pro edition through the factory image. We image them all through SCCM using a custom Windows 11 enterprise v22H2 image captured from a reference virtual machine. After image...
  5. Activating Laptops with Windows 11 Enterprise Using Microsoft 365 E3 License

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activating Laptops with Windows 11 Enterprise Using Microsoft 365 E3 License: Trying to activate Win11 laptops which are AD azure Joined and have Win11 Pro licenses. I am signed into the laptop with a user that has a Microsoft 365 E3 license. Office programs correctly use the "Microsoft 365 E3 license" but the laptops are still using Win11 pro licenses...
  6. Activating Laptops with Windows 11 Enterprise Using Microsoft 365 E3 License

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activating Laptops with Windows 11 Enterprise Using Microsoft 365 E3 License: Trying to activate Win11 laptops which are AD azure Joined and have Win11 Pro licenses. I am signed into the laptop with a user that has a Microsoft 365 E3 license. Office programs correctly use the "Microsoft 365 E3 license" but the laptops are still using Win11 pro licenses...
  7. Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows upgrade from 7 enterprise to 10 enterprise activation: I just upgraded from Windows 7 enterprise to Windows 10 enterprise and can't activate it. How do I get a digital liscence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-upgrade-from-7-enterprise-to-10-enterprise/d10b9b2b-2d9d-4111-b8f8-485b514f7554"
  8. Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license

Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license: Hi i have a client who using enterprise license for windows 7 Pro and office 2010 Pro on 100 machines, now they would like to upgrade with using retail license windows 10 Pro and office 2016 or 2019 Pro, kindly advise is that possible to surrender all enterprise license on...
  9. Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license

Enterprise license Upgrade with Retail license: Hi i have a client who using enterprise license for windows 7 Pro and office 2010 Pro on 100 machines, now they would like to upgrade with using retail license windows 10 Pro and office 2016 or 2019 Pro, kindly advise is that possible to surrender all enterprise license on...
  10. Windows 10 EnterpriseS licensing/activation

Windows 10 EnterpriseS licensing/activation: Split from this thread. [ATTACH] here's the image the instructions say to include https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-enterprises-licensingactivation/5e274069-ec10-4208-8618-86d32eb79853"