Windows 10: Windows - Last connection IP/Domains

Discus and support Windows - Last connection IP/Domains in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi together, Is there a possibility to see the last connections to a domain/ip of a system under Windows 10? For example via a firewall log,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/qwertzzyyy, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Windows - Last connection IP/Domains

Hi together,

Is there a possibility to see the last connections to a domain/ip of a system under Windows 10?

For example via a firewall log, registry, EventVwr or similar?

submitted by /u/qwertzzyyy
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/qwertzzyyy, Feb 25, 2021
  2. sammy Win User

Question:- How to add client to domain from domain controller side?

Hi Guys,

-I have domain called lab.com created on virtual machine Windows Server 2008
    -I have added a client machine Linux machine rhel6 to domain lab.com in /etc/host file
    -I am able to ping DC from linux machine by IP and hostname .
    But from DC I can only ping Linux machine by IP address and not by its hostname "rhel61.lab.com"

I don't want to add linux machine entry to DC's hosts file as it is DC so it should resolve it

But I wish to know what step or doings I am missing from DC side that I am not able to ping linux machine by its hostname.

Please suggest.

Thanks.

sammy, Feb 25, 2021
  3. changari Win User
    Raising the windows domain and forest issues?

hi,

I run a domain that was all 2003 r2 servers. I recently upgraded all my domain controllers to windows 2012 r2.
    That went off without any problems.. Our trust relationships had no issues also.

My first step was to raise the Domain and Forest levels past 2003 to 2008. This went off without a hitch.
    These are the features for raising the levels to 2008:

• Features and benefits include all default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2003 domain functional level, plus:
    • Read-Only Domain Controllers – Allows implementation of domain controllers that only host read-only copy of NTDS database.
    • Advanced Encryption Services – (AES 128 and 256) support for the Kerberos protocol.
    • Distributed File System Replication (DFSR) – Allows SYSVOL to replicate using DFSR instead of older File Replication Service (FRS). It provides more robust and detailed replication of SYSVOL contents.

Forest Level Windows Server 2008

• Features and benefits include all of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, but no additional features. All domains that are subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level by default.

My next step is to raise the domain and forest to 2008 r2, then 2012, and finally 2012 r2. I have been trying to find out exactly what I could expect from raising the Domain and Forest for each step.

The step involving 2008 r2 seems relatively a non issue. But getting the couple of new features seem very nice

Domain Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All default Active Directory features, all features from the Windows Server 2008 domain functional level, plus 2 new features

Forest Level Windows Server 2008 R2

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2003 forest functional level, plus the following features:

• Active Directory Recycle Bin, which provides the ability to restore deleted objects in their entirety while AD DS is running. <== New Feature very cool
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2008 R2 domain functional level by default.

Here is my big concerns for the next raising of domain and forest to 2012.

Forest Level Windows Server 2012:

• All of the features that are available at the Windows Server 2008 R2 forest functional level, but no additional features.
    • All domains subsequently added to the forest will operate at the Windows Server 2012 domain functional level by default.

Domain Level Windows Server 2012 R2: <=====
    Need to investigate more and why this post

• DC-side protections for Protected Users. Protected Users authenticating to a Windows Server 2012 R2 domain can no longer:

• Authenticate with NTLM authentication <==============(what issues may arise)
    • Use DES or RC4 cipher suites in Kerberos pre-authentication
    • Be delegated with unconstrained or constrained delegation
    • Renew user tickets (TGTs) beyond the initial 4-hour lifetime

Will this affect my exchange anywhere users with remote access authenticating either clear of NTLM???
    and what would/may not to work properly day 1 when I raise the domain and forest to 2012. I cant really find anyone that can answer a straight question.

Has anyone gone through this? what problems did you have, if any , if a lot???

Any thoughts and suggestions will be much appreciated??

thanks

- - - Updated - - -

One more point... I am not sure if I posted this to the correct forum.. So if I was wrong and it should be in a different one..
    PLEASE LET ME KNOW

changari, Feb 25, 2021
  4. MonarkeIV Win User

Windows - Last connection IP/Domains

WS2016 Setup Domain Controller reverts to Auto IP address

Not a power user by any means.

After following the tutorial here:

Windows Server 2016 - Setup Local Domain Controller
    ....and restarting the server, an error popped up that there is no internet connection. However opening a browser did connect to yahoo.com and a search called up many listings. Clicking on a link produced nothing. Thinking that maybe it might be a bad idea, I allowed Windows to repair the connection after it showed that there was no DHCP connection.

After Windows made this fix, the domain name and, ip addresses. It had reverted back too I "Obtain and IP address automatically".. I suspected this might happen as this is a home network, and the U-Verse router decides what the IP addresses shall be.

Still thinking I did something wrong or left something out of the process.

MonarkeIV, Feb 25, 2021
Thema:

Windows - Last connection IP/Domains

1. Windows - Last connection IP/Domains - Similar Threads - Last connection Domains

2. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  3. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections: Windows Pro 22H2 19045.3324Windows FirewallUnable to set Domain to All inbound connections are blocked.Receiving incoming connections where source is my pc. UDP.Dest port 443. Dest IP:104.18.1.2142.251.163.9135.244.232.184142.250.9.93Why am I unable to block all incoming?How...
  4. Windows Firewall: Domain. Incoming connections

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to change IP Address of Domain Controller

in Windows 10 News
    How to change IP Address of Domain Controller: [ATTACH]As an IT administrator, you may be faced with the challenge of how to change the IP address of a Domain Controller on your network. The DC is a mission-critical IT infrastructure, you may be looking for best practices on how you can accomplish this task — this post...
  6. How to reset domain password without connecting to domain

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to reset domain password without connecting to domain: My environment has multiple domains and users connect to those domains using VPN. Now if their password in these domains expire or if they forget their passwords then there is no way for them to reset their passwords. Is there any solution that can solve this situation...
  7. Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network

Using Multiple IP Addresses in a Domain Network: I added a second network adapter and an IP address to the new adapter in Windows 10 Build 2004. I now have the primary Routable on the first adapter and alternate IP addresses peer-to-peer on a second network adapter. The client sometimes think that it's not on a Domain...
  8. Re-Connect to Domain

Re-Connect to Domain: The PDC went down and couldn't be restored so it was re-installed from DELL media. This disconnected all our domain workstations. I need a way to re-connect to new domain without wrecking local user profiles. (I've forgotten how to do this safely). Thanks... 134165
  9. Re-Connect to Domain

in Windows 10 Support
    Re-Connect to Domain: The PDC went down and couldn't be restored so it was re-installed from DELL media. This disconnected all our domain workstations. I need a way to re-connect to new domain without wrecking local user profiles. (I've forgotten how to do this safely). Thanks... 134165
  10. IP Connect to Static IP

IP Connect to Static IP: I have an A-V device with a static IP address. With my XP-Pro laptop, I can connect fine, but with my new laptop running WIN10Pro, I can't seem to find the right combination of settings to"see" the device. The static IP allows control of the A-V device's app., with the app....