Windows 10: Windows Latest update bug

Discus and support Windows Latest update bug in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; During the latest update version 1809 it failed to update it acted weird, by changing the default output from my Graphics card to my htc vive, this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakeWhittington, Nov 10, 2019.

1. Windows Latest update bug

During the latest update version 1809 it failed to update it acted weird, by changing the default output from my Graphics card to my htc vive, this caused a whole mess of problems, in the end my computer crashed 3 times and needed to be recovered from an earlier backup I don't exactly know what the main cause was, even after removing my vive from the picture windows failed too boot, my computer works now but this is just a heads up to anyone updating to version 1809.

:)

JakeWhittington, Nov 10, 2019
  2. user33331 Win User

Win10: windows update stuck at never ending loop ?

When in win10:
    • Update&security -> Windows update -> Finding update... .... .... ....
    Planning to download the latest Win10.ISO (vers.1803) and manually update:
    - Then wait that my ordered new SSD arrives and clone the old HDD to it.

user33331, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Naki Win User
    Possible minor bug - Update with both Opera 2x & Google Chrome installed

Strange bug: Running the previous-older version of GPU-Z on Windows 7, 64-bit, SP1 and trying to update GPU-Z. Have Opera 23/24 installed as a 2ndary web browser, and Google Chrome installed as default/main web browser.
    Steps that work fine:
    1) Run GPU-Z whatever version.
    2) Open About.
    3) Click the links.
    Result: Links open correctly in default browser - Google Chrome.

Steps to reproduce bug:
    1) Run GPU-Z, version before latest.
    2) Try to check for updates.
    3) GPU-Z says an update is available.
    4) Tell it to show the update.
    Result: Link opens incorrectly in Opera 23/24, instead of default Google Chrome web browser.
    Expected: Open in Google Chrome instead.

Note: Opera 23/24 uses the same core as Google Chrome.

Please check and fix, if necessary.

4. Windows Latest update bug

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

Windows Latest update bug

1. Windows Latest update bug - Similar Threads - Latest update bug

2. Windows 11 Latest version. Keyboard bug.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Latest version. Keyboard bug.: Hello everyone.So I notice a little issue with playing games and it only happens while playing games. I notice randomly when playing any game that when holding W down for a period of time it becomes unresponsive like I hit something that caused my character to stop moving...
  3. Windows 11 Latest version. Keyboard bug.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Latest version. Keyboard bug.: Hello everyone.So I notice a little issue with playing games and it only happens while playing games. I notice randomly when playing any game that when holding W down for a period of time it becomes unresponsive like I hit something that caused my character to stop moving...
  4. Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Possible Bug in Latest Windows Update?: I believe there may be a bug in the latest Windows 10 Update on December 14, 2020. Since the update, when my desktop computer goes to sleep and I "wake it up," my screen is black, but still shows all of my desktop icons, folders, and task bar items. However I am not able to...
  5. Bug in the latest windows update with printing

Bug in the latest windows update with printing: After the last windows update, when i print from an email, it condenses the print to the upper left corner of the paper. It is not a problem with the HP printer because when i print the same email from an Apple laptop, it works fine. Is Microsoft aware of this problem? How...
  6. Possible BUG? -- How to remove Keyboard Layouts in the latest Windows 10 update?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Possible BUG? -- How to remove Keyboard Layouts in the latest Windows 10 update?: Good day. I just noticed today that there are keyboard layouts that I did not install/setup. I've been going in circles with the Windows 10 settings and the Keyboard Layouts I want to remove are nowhere to be found. How can I remove these unwanted Keyboard Layouts? Here...
  7. latest update bug.

latest update bug.: I have gone back and forth, three times with installing and using restore point to clear this update. 2019-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for 64-based System (KB4512941). This update is slowing down windows. After installing, I click on a short cut on...
  8. Night light bug not fixed in latest cumulative updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light bug not fixed in latest cumulative updates: Hi, Night light is being automatically enabled even in toggle it is off within seconds of signing into user accounts. After all latest cumulative update now I'm seeing my display warmer irrespective of time schedule or whether the toggle is on or off. Can anybody help...
  9. CPU Spike bug in latest Windows 10 1903 update reported to Microsoft

in Windows 10 News
    CPU Spike bug in latest Windows 10 1903 update reported to Microsoft: Microsoft released the cumulative update KB4512941 for Windows 10 version 1903 last week; soon thereafter, reports started to emerge on several Internet forums that the update was causing high CPU usage on some systems. Günter Born was among the first to provide an analysis...
  10. Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are these bugs of the latest microsoft paint app?: Dear everyone, With the lastest Windows 10 update, version 1903, the behavior of the paint app changes a little. 1. If you select a small area, e.g. 20 pixels by 20 pixels, and then try to move this area, the mouse cursor does not change to the...