Windows 10: Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338

Discus and support Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On 12th March 2020, Windows 10 in my Laptop got updated KB4541338. Since the update, I have been facing a lot of issues. First, I noticed that I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PritamSharma1, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338

On 12th March 2020, Windows 10 in my Laptop got updated KB4541338. Since the update, I have been facing a lot of issues.

First, I noticed that I was unable to connect to my wifi. The laptop interface was displaying connected to the internet, but there was no access. Initially, I thought the ISP had some issues. But, then I found the same wifi was working on my other laptop. I then went to the network and sharing center to check IPv4 and v6 properties. However, as soon as I clicked the properties system became unresponsive. I opened The Task Manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc to kill that process, but the task manager couldn't kill that process either. Instead, the task manager itself became unresponsive. I wanted to open the Command prompt to use the Taskkill tool, but the search field of my windows wasn't responding either. So I used Windows+R to get Run box and then from there opened the command prompt to kill tasks. Taskkill did kill the network properties window but couldn't kill the Task manager. Initially, I thought it could be because of the drivers not being installed properly. So, I tried disabling and enabling the wifi driver, but that didn't yield any results. I tried to reset the network, but the interface became unresponsive. So, I went to command prompt and used the following commands: -

• netsh winsock reset
    • ipconfig /release
    • netsh int ip reset
    • ipconfig /renew
    • ipconfig /flushdns

That didn't yield any results either. Finally, after a lot of struggle, I decided to use an ethernet cable to connect directly from the router. After a lot of hit and trial, I restarted the system in safe mode. Wifi wasn't working in safe mode either. However, ethernet was working in safe mode. Then I put those problems in the community. Some people gave me a few suggestions, none of which worked.

Finally, I gave up fixing the network and decided to reset my computer without losing any file using the windows reset feature. The reset feature goes forever at 99%.

I used sfc /scannow to detect corrupt files. Initially, it used to say that no integrity violation was found, but since the last couple of days, it is saying that some corruption was found but it was unable to repair.

I then used a bootable USB to repair the system, but it failed to repair either.

I have used a lot of stuff available on the internet, but none of them giving any results. I used dism.exe /online /Cleanup-image /RestoreHealth from safe mode but it said it couldn't find a source.

I don't know what else to do. Can anyone help me out?

:)

PritamSharma1, Mar 31, 2020

2. They keep changing the name of this to things not even related to the issue

Hi,

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

I suggest you to Update display drivers and check if it helps.

To Update display driver, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows + X keys and click
      Device manager.
    • Click to expand Display adapters, right click the adapter and click
      Update.
    • Restart the computer and the basic driver will be updated automatically.

If still the issue persist then I suggest you to download the install the Display drivers from manufactures website for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you

Karthicka_R, Mar 31, 2020
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Windows update issues

Came here to suggest this.*Laugh :laugh:

Definitely not an issue with the Windows Servers as I just re-installed yesterday and got all my updates.

newtekie1, Mar 31, 2020
  4. Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338

Perfomance related issues related to audio in Windows

Hello Cyndieaa,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience. Let me assist you.

To be able to assist you better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• How did you upgrade to Windows 10? Was it using Windows update or via Media Creation Tool?
    • Do you have any System Restore point set in your PC prior to the issue?
    • Does the issue occur randomly or under any particular circumstances?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to check for the recent Windows update you are referring to in this case. To do so, you need to check the settings through Windows update. Follow the below steps.

1. Open the Settings Charm with the shortcut Windows Key
    Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338 Windows_Key.png
    +
    I.

2. Click/tap Change PC settings.

3. Click on the Update and recovery and click on the
    View your update history

4. You will now see a list of your installed Windows Updates. If you click on any one of the
    "Successfully installed on (date)" links , you will find more details for that update.

Now, follow the below methods and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1

Follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter to identify any potential driver related issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Hardware and Device
    option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
    Troubleshooter.

Method 2

Now if updating the audio device driver did not help, I suggest you to check if rolling back the driver helps to resolve the issue. Follow the below steps.

• First of all, Press Windows logo + R from keyboard. It will open
      RUN.
    • Now type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
    • You will see all the driver list of your PC. Expand Audio Adapters

Rollback driver

Double click on your audio driver in Device Manager. Then Click on
    Driver tab
    and select Rollback.

Important: If your drive is performing well and there is no error, Rollback driver button will be grayed out as an option.

Write to us with the updated status and the required information for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338

1. Windows Latest Update related issues KB4541338 - Similar Threads - Latest Update related

2. Issue with the Windows latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with the Windows latest update: I have a problem with the Windows update . The below update comes everyday but is not installed in my device . I don't know why....please help me with it . I am fed up with this update everyday...
  3. Issue with the Windows latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Issue with the Windows latest update: I have a problem with the Windows update . The below update comes everyday but is not installed in my device . I don't know why....please help me with it . I am fed up with this update everyday...
  4. Issue with the Windows latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. issues related to windows update

issues related to windows update: I'm unable to see Windows Update settings in in Update and Security section on my Windows 10 Home Edition after some update was installed. I've run a Windows Update troubleshooter and got an ' Check for Windows Update issues detected'. Detection details as the following:...
  6. Issue with Latest Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issue with Latest Windows Update: I use a windows surface laptop, but ever since I updated it to the latest windows version, it won’t let me use the touchscreen anymore no matter what I try, so I reupdated it to the old version, in which it still worked just fine. But I need both the touchscreen function and...
  7. Windows latest update issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows latest update issues: So since the latest update, the one on the 13th i believe, ive had some interesting issues occur and so have a few other people i know. Its happened twice so far but the issue is that my CPU usage shoots up to 100% and "System Interrupts" in the process that is using it all....
  8. Issue with the latest Windows update

Issue with the latest Windows update: Hi all, I have a couple of issues with my windows after installing the latest Windows update (KB4517389). After updating my windows, google chrome screen got black, images in windows got fuzzy (please see the screenshots). I tried to uninstall the update but it doesn't...
  9. Issue related windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue related windows update: When I updated my laptop to new version , I found my laptop was kinda lagging and Windows Store, maps and Xbox was not working. So I did factory reset . After factory reset (this is the worst part) my laptop's Intel HD graphics , sound and mic , battery icon these were...
  10. Latest Windows Update Issue

Latest Windows Update Issue: I always wanted to make my windows 10 updated as always then I saw an big update and I search the KB and it was KB4480976, I check out the size of the file 800+ mb and update it at Windows Update setting suddenly it was FAILED and repeat to check update and it was failed...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. kb4541338 uninstall

2. kb4541338

3. kb4541338 update

4. cannot uninstall kb4541338,
  5. kb4541338 bsod,
  6. windows update kb4541338,
  7. cant uninstall kb4541338,
  8. update KB4541338,
  9. WindowsUpdateエラー KB4541338,
  10. kb4541338,
  11. windows 10 update problems kb 4541338,
  12. how to uninstall windows security update kb4541338,
  13. windows 10 updates 2020-03 servicing stack update version 1903 for x64 based systems kb4541338,
  14. kb 4541338 uninstall,
  15. why cant i uninstall kb4541338