Windows 10: Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change?

Discus and support Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello There : So I have a slight issue in my office. We have bought new tablets for our cash registers and the checkout interface of our store. Now... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by OliGerber, Feb 12, 2021.

1. OliGerber Win User

Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change?

Hello There :

So I have a slight issue in my office. We have bought new tablets for our cash registers and the checkout interface of our store. Now some external IT dude did it's installation and stupidly used his own Email Address to create a Microsoft Account during Windows' initial Setup.

That's of course a no-go and I need to get these "licenses" back.

Do I have a chance of doing so in the first place the Windows' came preinstalled on the tablets? And what would be the right steps to take?

I don't need necessarily a Microsoft Account for the cash registers tablets. A local Account would do, but maybe I need one now so I'll be able to transfer the license data from the IT dudes Account to a company Account?

OR Can I just remove the device in the Microsoft Account from this IT dude? Then remove the windows account from the tablet and simply add a new Account bound to a Microsoft Account? Are there any other steps necessary to get my licenses back? Or is it not possible at all as the licenses came of course with the tablets? In that case I'm just gonna send him an invoice for 3 new Windows Licences oO

Thanks for any help on this matter ;

:)

OliGerber, Feb 12, 2021
  2. shahzadch Win User

{HELP} this terminal is bound to other account

i m living in pakistan and i used ptcl smart tv. i m using multiple accounts on it after fresh windows installation first enterd account is only working if i used another account i face this error "this terminal is bound to other account"
    Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change? [​IMG]

So i feel if i can change my device id may be the other one account is working

Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change? [​IMG]

please help to suggest that how i resolve this issue without resetting the windows10

shahzadch, Feb 12, 2021
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change?

email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change?

1. Windows Licence bound to wrong email/ms account, how to change? - Similar Threads - Licence bound wrong

2. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  3. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  4. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  6. MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account

MS Authenticator defaults to the wrong email account: 1 I am asked to sign into a work site2 I enter my Gmail account, which is registered under MS3 I click on approve, on MS authenticator app android4 After I approve, the web page gives an error message, because it uses my HOTMAIL email instead of using my GMAIL email, which is...
  7. wrong email for account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wrong email for account: Good Evening,My Son has a HP Pavilion Laptop and his log on screen/PIN screen states 'Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. Click to set up your PIN again" then i can click on on "Set up my PIN".The problem we have is my son...
  8. Wrong email account

Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  9. Wrong email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Wrong email account: I'm using Windows Ten on this computer. The problem I'm having is that when I'm on different web sites and I want to send/forward what I'm looking at to some one else and I click on the "email" button my system takes me to an email account I no longer have. As an example, I...
  10. How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How do I change the email for an MS account for a user?: Hi all, A couple of years ago I got a Surface Pro 6, with 8GB RAM and an i5 with Windows 10 (19041.867). While I was setting it up for the user, I was asked to provide my MS account email. I did this and everything was fine. Now, when the user logs on, my profile picture...