Windows 10: Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424

Discus and support Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am getting message "Your Windows licence will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings". Settings states that last product key can't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ianphillips2, Mar 13, 2019.

1. Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424

I am getting message "Your Windows licence will expire soon. You need to activate Windows in Settings". Settings states that last product key can't be used on this copy of Windows (Error code 0x800070424). Activation troubleshooter states that Windows is activated. If I try to use a new Product key, I get a message stating "Unable to activate Windows service. Wait and try again" (error 0x800070424). I also have problems with Windows Update which I think are linked. Computer services do not show Windows Update, but do include Windows Medic Update Service, but this is not restoring the Windows update service. Suggestions / solutions please.

:)

ianphillips2, Mar 13, 2019
  2. erixx Win User

Windows 8.1 pro + WMC key activation

yeah, just don't forget that MCE gives you a new Windows key.... I had activation errors untill I entered the MCE key....

erixx, Mar 13, 2019
  3. Chryonn Win User
    Two OEM licence keys (different Windows versions) on one PC

Hello,
    I'm in the process of building another PC and I want to know if it's possible for two versions of Windows to reside next to each other legitimately. I would have windows 7 and 10 as a dual-boot system. So if I buy OEM keys and activate them would one de-activate the other? I know that OEM licence keys are bound to the mobo and are irrevocable. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Chryonn, Mar 13, 2019
  4. linhlz Win User

Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424

Windows 10 will not activate Error code 0x803F7001

Possibly there can be the problem with Microsoft activation Server, so your Windows 10 is not activated. In this scenario, you need to wait and verify if it is the issue from Microsoft’s side. But if you are getting error code 0x803f7001, you can also try these steps:

1. Open Settings app. Then go to Update and security > Activation screen > Change product.
    2. Type your Windows edition product key and click Next.
    3. You’ll get We couldn’t activate Windows error message.
    4. Retry steps 1-3 then type your 25-characters unique product key.
    5. Wait for the process to complete, Windows 10 is activated.
    Hope something helps this problem

linhlz, Mar 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424

1. Windows licence expiry - cant activate with new key - error 0x800070424 - Similar Threads - licence expiry cant

2. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  3. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows licence key not activating: I just bought a genuene Windows 10 pro licence Key but if i try to enter it, it says that a Windows 10 Home licence was found on my pc and that i need to install Windows 10 Home now. I know the key is valid so why isnt it working?...
  4. Windows licence key not activating

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 7 ultimate licence key activate

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 7 ultimate licence key activate: i purchase windows 7 ultimate licence key but after type kay in windows activate option get error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-ultimate-licence-key-activate/f7c7a91f-6d13-4646-90a8-e1e6f10ae808
  6. windows 7 ultimate licence key activate

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 7 ultimate licence key activate: i purchase windows 7 ultimate licence key but after type kay in windows activate option get error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-7-ultimate-licence-key-activate/f7c7a91f-6d13-4646-90a8-e1e6f10ae808
  7. Licence key on new build

Licence key on new build: Apologies for probably what is an obvious answer. I am thinking about building a new PC but with most cases these do not come with a dvd drive. If I download and create a bootable version of Windows is it then a case of just buying a version of Windows on disc and using...
  8. windows licence expiry

windows licence expiry: My pc keeps on poping a message that my windows licence is abaut to expire.When i try to insert the product key it doesnt work.Could you please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licence-expiry/6ac6445d-81e7-4f28-8053-99d158184ef9"
  9. WINDOWS 10 HOME LICENCE OR ACTIVATION KEY

WINDOWS 10 HOME LICENCE OR ACTIVATION KEY: I have purchased a DELL Vostro 15 laptop with windows 10 home preinstalled on it. Neither the invoice nor the box contains windows licence number or activation product key on it . From where can I get the above information. thanks & regards...
  10. windows expiry and activation

windows expiry and activation: My HP desktop PC came with Windows 10 OS inbuilt right from the date of purchase. Why then all on a sudden message started coming for windows expiry and activation ?...