Windows 10: Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade

Discus and support Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; First, sorry for my poor english. And now my question is quite simple but it seems that i can't find any answer. Can i still use my windows key for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Jean_Chevre, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade

First, sorry for my poor english. And now my question is quite simple but it seems that i can't find any answer. Can i still use my windows key for activation even if i change my motherboard, cpu, and sdd ? (i've allready change my sdd in the past and nothing happened, i was able ton use the original Key for installation) Maybe i can disable some sort of link between my old MB and my windows licence. I don't know. If someone ever managed to pass over that kind of issue can you please tell me the trick ? Thank you for the painfull reading

submitted by /u/Jean_Chevre
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Jean_Chevre, Jan 5, 2020
  2. mixa Win User

Microsoft: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

My only opinion is that the licences must be issued to a person not to a PC.
    By the way , I don`t think this concerns the home users.

mixa, Jan 5, 2020
  3. MS: Upgraded Motherboard = New Windows Licence

MS changes licence retrspectively too!

My friend has a eMachines PC complete with OEM installed copy of XP home. The PC stopped working, I investigated and found the power supply blown - easy and cheap to fix £30 - a new power supply from PCWorld. *Smile Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade :)
    Then USB and audio on motherboard was found to have failed - easy and cheap to fix - new mother board. £30.*Smile Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade :)

So for £60 I have a working PC BUT what is this? XP wants to be validated.
    OK I phone MS and they are very helpful. I put in my valid key and ... Oh dear it is no good. *Mad Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade :mad:

After speaking with a number of MS staff they tell me that they cannot help me as it is an OEM copy and give me the number of the eMachines support. I phone the "tech guys" and they are very helpful, tell me how other customers have had the same problem and ask for my extended support contract details - as soon as I say I haven't one they tell me they cannot help me... *Bang Head :banghead:

Back to MicroSoft, it seems the line is new motherboard = new pc = new XP licence
    (cost £199 from PC world). I could get a new PC for not much more than £200 complete with another OEM licence!

I haven't upgraded the PC, I have changed nothing but the powersupply and motherboard. The PC has the same CPU, same memory, same hard disk, same case, same CD drive, same floppy. But microsoft insist it is 'new' and needs a full licence.

Microsoft's policy may help their bank balance and manufacturers of complete pcs but it contibutes to waste, adds to global warming and increases the number of disaffected microsoft users by 2.

So how do I get at all my photos and applications and data? MS answer is to pay for a full licence £199; my answer is to install a second hard drive £50, install linux (free) and copy over my pics, mp3s and data. I will need some new apps too as MS office wont work on linux.

So Microsoft, you have lost me (and my friend) lost future upgrade licence fees to vista, lost MS office licence fees and driven me reluctantly to linux.

PCWorld, I will now advise not to buy a PC with MS windows unless you are willing to pay for ongoing support that covers windows licence costs should the motherboard fail.

BrianHunter, Jan 5, 2020
  4. Valeriu Win User

Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade [​IMG]

Valeriu, Jan 5, 2020
Thema:

Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade

1. Windows licence Key don't work after motherboard upgrade - Similar Threads - licence Key don't

2. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change: The motherboard in my Windows Pro Dell XPS laptop died and after changing, I ended up with a latop running Windows Home. No one at Dell responded to my queries and when I spoke to my laptop repair consultant, he said that he could upgrade my Windows version from Home to Pro...
  3. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change: The motherboard in my Windows Pro Dell XPS laptop died and after changing, I ended up with a latop running Windows Home. No one at Dell responded to my queries and when I spoke to my laptop repair consultant, he said that he could upgrade my Windows version from Home to Pro...
  4. Windows Pro licence lost after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.: So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2 systems, this all worked fine, the product key worked. Then today I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, but now Windows asked me to...
  6. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.: So I have this issue, I have a system with an HDD and SSD. I used to run windows on the HDD but yesterday I also installed it on my SSD so I run 2 systems, this all worked fine, the product key worked. Then today I upgraded my Motherboard and CPU, but now Windows asked me to...
  7. Can't activate product key after Motherboard upgrade.

8. Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.

Upgraded my motherboard, now my windows key won't work.: From the digging ive done it does seem that my copy of windows 7 pro was an OEM disk which i later upgraded to windows 10 pro. My only annoyance is before digging into my past purchase I used a different way of checking what type of license I had and it classified it as a...
  9. windows 11 NOT working after upgraded motherboard dont have old motherboard and the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 NOT working after upgraded motherboard dont have old motherboard and the...: Windows 11 pro is NOT working after I upgraded my motherboard and the ORIGINAL authentic key doesn't work anymore i contacted best buy because thats where i bought my pc and they said i need to contact microsoft support. please help; Troubleshooting does nothing and it keeps...
  10. windows 11 NOT working after upgraded motherboard dont have old motherboard and the...

windows 11 NOT working after upgraded motherboard dont have old motherboard and the...: Windows 11 pro is NOT working after I upgraded my motherboard and the ORIGINAL authentic key doesn't work anymore i contacted best buy because thats where i bought my pc and they said i need to contact microsoft support. please help; Troubleshooting does nothing and it keeps...