Windows 10: Windows licence on laptop - needed or not?

Discus and support Windows licence on laptop - needed or not? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a desktop PC with purchased Microsoft Retail licence key and and I am signed to Outlook account. I can see my desktop in Outlook - Trusted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Bane Milutinovic, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Windows licence on laptop - needed or not?

I have a desktop PC with purchased Microsoft Retail licence key and and I am signed to Outlook account. I can see my desktop in Outlook - Trusted devices.

Recently I bought a laptop and since I would like to avoid installing non-licenced OS on it, my questions are:

can I use licence key from desktop during Win10 installation on laptop? Guess not but I need confirmation :-

If I buy another licence key, can I still use same Outlook mail/account in order to have syncing between two computers this is important to me and are there any steps that I need to follow prior to installation?

Thank you for reply

:)

Bane Milutinovic, Dec 21, 2020
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Dec 21, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    activating win10 licence on a different computer

Hi Chris

Because you have a full retail licence then you can transfer that licence to a new PC

Before you sell that laptop, here are the steps to remove your Windows 10 licence form that laptop

Click your Start Button, then just type cmd

From the resulting list, right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

Paste this into Command Prompt and press Enter

slmgr.vbs /upk

When that command completes, close Command Prompt

That's It, that will remove your Windows 10 licence form that laptop . .

DaveM121, Dec 21, 2020
  4. kps-uk Win User

Windows licence on laptop - needed or not?

Reinstalling Windows 10 without a licence key

Hi,

I have a 10 year old laptop which originally was running Windows Vista. Due to the manufacturer date of the laptop, I was entitled to the free upgrade to Windows 7, which I kept until the roll-out of the Windows 10 upgrade. When my laptop upgraded to Windows
    10, I did not pay for the upgrade and did not receive a licence key.

1. If I go to the Windows 10 download tool and select install with the 'keep Nothing during the upgrade' option, will I require a licence key?
    2. Can I build the laptop from scratch if it was originally a Visa machine or will I need to step from Vista to 8.1 to 10?
    Regards

Keith

kps-uk, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Windows licence on laptop - needed or not?

1. Windows licence on laptop - needed or not? - Similar Threads - licence laptop needed

2. Windows Licence

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Licence: Is my windows licence tied to the hardware so that i don't need to worry about it when i try re-install windows after trying other operating systems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licence/efe36c59-cbfe-4cee-9c96-d4f3b227bc1e
  3. Windows Licence

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Licence: Is my windows licence tied to the hardware so that i don't need to worry about it when i try re-install windows after trying other operating systems. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-licence/efe36c59-cbfe-4cee-9c96-d4f3b227bc1e
  4. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  5. Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Different licence on another laptop and another different licence on pc: Hi, so whenever im trying to install windows 10 or 11 on another of my laptop Asus X409MA using this account that has pro version for both that im using right now. After i install windows on my laptop, i'll just head to the windows settings to change some things and when i...
  6. Licences Windows

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licences Windows: Hi, On the Microsoft website, I find licenses for CHF 279.00 and at a Swiss supplier Manor, I find licenses for CHF 10.95.https://www.manor.ch/fr/p/mp-09e42e86-tproduct?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIn4yB763S-AIVvgUGAB3J5AwAEAQYASABEgKOb_D_BwEWhy such a difference? Is it legal ?Thanks for...
  7. Info needed on windows licence

Info needed on windows licence: Going to upgrade my motherboard. Before I do so, I have few questions in my mind to which I need answers. Will I have to purchase a new license or I can use the same license. What will be the procedure of this?...
  8. Move licence to a new laptop

Move licence to a new laptop: Hi, My old laptop has died and I want to know if the licence that was installed on the dead laptop is transferable to a new laptop. Is there a way to find out through my Microsoft account? This is what I see in my MS account: [ATTACH]...
  9. window licence

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    window licence: update key my window 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/window-licence/2e52541d-fa46-4fa9-9315-0c4cd9ce9609
  10. Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...

Need Clarification on Windows 10 Digital Licence...: I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 using the free upgrade. Windows 10 on both of my machines have the this license. [img] If I upgrade, Motherboard, CPU, RAM, and Video Card, Will windows 10 reactivate or am I going to have to buy a new license key...Thanks......