Windows 10: Windows license activation

Discus and support Windows license activation in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've gotten a notification that my Windows license is about to expire and I don't know the password of the product so I can't reactivate my license.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by UnaCurcic, May 2, 2020.

1. UnaCurcic Win User

Windows license activation

I've gotten a notification that my Windows license is about to expire and I don't know the password of the product so I can't reactivate my license. How can I change the password without changing the previous one?

:)

UnaCurcic, May 2, 2020

2. Your Windows license expires on...

Hi Hayurin,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to check which version of Windows is activated.

Follow the below steps.

• Go to settings.

• Click on update and recovery.

• Click on Activation.

• And check which version of Windows is activated.

If it shows as insider preview then i suggest you to contact Microsoft Phone support as they have the right resources to activate windows 10.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, May 2, 2020
  3. Windows activation/ license

Hi Nuruzzaman,

Your Windows license will expire soon. You need to activate it in settings
    error message might occur due to corrupted user account or system file. For us to isolate the issue, kindly answer the below questions:

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type cmd, and right-click on it.
    • Select Run as administrator.
    • Type this command, and then press Enter:

wmic path SoftwareLicensingService get OA3xOriginalProductKey
    • Your product key will now appear. Write it down or copy it to a safe location.
    • Press Windows key + I to open
      Settings.
    • Click on Update & security.
    • Select Activation tab.
    • Click on Change product key link.
    • Enter the product key that you've got from the Command
      Prompt
      window.
    • Click on Next button.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, May 2, 2020
  4. Windows license activation

License activation issue: Your windows license will expire soon

Windows 10 Activation reports your license will soon expire.

This can happen for a number of reasons:

• You copied a Windows 10 Pro off the Internet (usually a volume license - organization - key) and changed on a Windows 10 Home installation. Windows 10 Pro is not free. If this is what you did, you will need to reinstall the previous edition
      or version you were running. You inadvertently installed the wrong edition.
      • The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will correspond with the edition of Windows you have installed, if it does not, this is why you might be experiencing problems activating:

• Windows 7 Starter, Home Basic, Home Premium, Windows 8.0 Core, Windows 8.1 Core will install Windows 10 Home

• Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Ultimate, Windows 8.0 Pro, Windows 8.1 Pro will installWindows 10 Pro

If the edition of Windows 10 installed does not correspond with the edition of Windows 7 or Windows 8 you were previously running, then you need to reinstall the right edition.

Did you purchase the laptop brand new out of the box?

You might want to reinstall Windows 10 Home to resolve the problem.

Step 1: How
    to download official Windows 10 ISO files

Step 2:

Andre Da Costa, May 2, 2020
Thema:

Windows license activation

1. Windows license activation - Similar Threads - license activation

2. Windows 11 Business license, but Windows is not Active

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Business license, but Windows is not Active: Hi, recently our organisation bought few new laptops. These laptops are without any OS preinstalled, nor have any licenses.We have Microsoft 365 licenses, when I login with my account on the computer, there is a watermark on the bottom "Windows is not activatedWhen I go to...
  3. Windows 11 Business license, but Windows is not Active

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Business license, but Windows is not Active: Hi, recently our organisation bought few new laptops. These laptops are without any OS preinstalled, nor have any licenses.We have Microsoft 365 licenses, when I login with my account on the computer, there is a watermark on the bottom "Windows is not activatedWhen I go to...
  4. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 11 license Key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 11 license Key?: I reinstalled Windows 10 and noticed that it has the same license key as when I had Windows 11. Are there any issues with using it. So Far, it runs well....
  5. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 11 license Key?

Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 11 license Key?: I reinstalled Windows 10 and noticed that it has the same license key as when I had Windows 11. Are there any issues with using it. So Far, it runs well....
  6. Can I activate Windows 10 with Windows 11 license Key?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?: I am running Windows 11 Pro on Parallels on Macbook Pro M2 running Sonomoa 14.4.1. I installed Windows 11 Pro through the Parallels process and then purchased a license for it through the Microsoft store, signed in with my Microsoft id. Windows will not activate. The purchase...
  8. How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?

How can I activate Windows 11 Pro with my purchased Windows 11 Pro digital license?: I am running Windows 11 Pro on Parallels on Macbook Pro M2 running Sonomoa 14.4.1. I installed Windows 11 Pro through the Parallels process and then purchased a license for it through the Microsoft store, signed in with my Microsoft id. Windows will not activate. The purchase...
  9. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...
  10. How to activate windows 10 with digital license?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to activate windows 10 with digital license?: I want to install linux on my HP laptop by completely removing windows 10, my laptop came with windows 10 preinstalled with digital license key. So if I want to switch back to windows 10 how do i reactivate my windows with my digital license key?...