Windows 10: Windows license effected by changing the date

Discus and support Windows license effected by changing the date in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, i got a few question.1: Does my windows license product key remain valid if i change my computer's date?i changed the date in the settings, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by hamdjasem, Apr 17, 2022.

1. hamdjasem Win User

Windows license effected by changing the date

Hello, i got a few question.1: Does my windows license product key remain valid if i change my computer's date?i changed the date in the settings, and when i set it to "set date automatically" it showed me a message saying my license will expire soon.2: How long does the license last? 2 years? cuz my laptop lasted for that long.

:)

hamdjasem, Apr 17, 2022

2. Lock Screen Fade to Desktop Effect Not Working

Hi,

Before we assist you let us know few details,

• Did you made any changes to your computer prior to the issue?

• Have you created any system restore point on your computer?

As initial troubleshooting steps I suggest you to install the latest windows 10 updates, please follow the steps to install all the windows updates.

If you want to check for the update now, select the Start button, then select
    Settings > Update & security >
    Windows Update > Check for updates.

We suggest you to try changing the visual effect setting. To Change your Visual Effects Settings in Advanced System Settings refer the below steps,

• Press Windows logo key+ X

• Click on Control panel

• Select System and Security

• Click on System

• And select System protection

• Select Advanced tab and click on
      Settings

• Now select the option Let Windows choose what’s best for my computer
      option.

And check if this helps to resolve the issue.

Hope this information helps with best visual effect on your device.

Thank you.

Krishna Priya V, Apr 17, 2022
  3. Date and Time Year is 3015 and can't change to 2015.

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to set “Windows Time” service as manual. Follow the steps provided below.

• Press Windows logo Key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Right click on Windows Time service.
    • Select Properties.
    • Under startup type drop down, change it to manual.
    • Click on Apply button and OK button.

Restart your computer and try to change the date and time and check.

To change the date and time, follow the steps provided below.

• Go to Date and time settings.
    • First, turn of the set time automatic.
    • Then Click on Change button, under Change date and time.
    • Now set the date and time, and then restart the computer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Apr 17, 2022
  4. Windows license effected by changing the date

Outlook Out of date Settings

Hello Christine,

As the above description is not clear provide additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to Office Outlook (Mail client version)/ Mail app/ Windows Live Mail?
    • What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • What is the exact issues you are facing?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have tried to resolve the issue?

If you are referring to Windows Mail app, let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if there are any updates for Mail app in Windows Store. If found try to update the app.

Step 2: I suggest you to run Windows Store Apps Troubleshooter,
    troubleshoots problems that may prevent Windows Store Apps from working correctly.

Refer: Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps

Step 3: I suggest you to check with the system Date, time and Time zone
    is set correct.

Follow the steps to set the date and time:

• Type Date and Time in the search bar.
    • Click Change date and time button.
    • Click Apply and Ok to save the date and time.
    Note: Click on the Time Zone tab to check the Time Zone.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with the required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 17, 2022
Thema:

Windows license effected by changing the date

1. Windows license effected by changing the date - Similar Threads - license effected changing

2. Effects of Changing Microsoft Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Effects of Changing Microsoft Password: I am the administrator on a small network. I sign on to each device with the same user name and either a pin or fingerprint. Some devices are Windows 10, some 11 The password I could use on all devices is both the Windows and the Microsoft password.I want to change the...
  3. Windows license effected by changing the date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows license effected by changing the date: Hello, i got a few question.1: Does my windows license product key remain valid if i change my computer's date?i changed the date in the settings, and when i set it to "set date automatically" it showed me a message saying my license will expire soon.2: How long does the...
  4. Windows license effected by changing the date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows license effected by changing the date: Hello, i got a few question.1: Does my windows license product key remain valid if i change my computer's date?i changed the date in the settings, and when i set it to "set date automatically" it showed me a message saying my license will expire soon.2: How long does the...
  5. Windows changes date

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows changes date: HelloWhen I copy video and thumbnail files from an external device GoPro I noticed that the Date column in windows explorer adds the current date/time. My external device has the correct date/time and so does my desktop computer. My computer time zone and clock is...
  6. increase my window license date

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    increase my window license date: i can't increase my window license date. can u help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/increase-my-window-license-date/ddd7a413-0d4f-4e45-b002-d81bde44a1a9
  7. Hardware change effects on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hardware change effects on Windows 10: Hi all, I am looking to replace my motherboard and CPU soon and I have heard that changing hardware, particularly the motherboard, can affect your windows installation. I started with Windows XP years ago and brought a windows XP to Windows 8.1 upgrade CD and then later...
  8. Date change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date change: How do I change the date for my Microsoft solitaire collection please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/date-change/e2eb6cba-aa30-4827-bec8-995e397346e7
  9. windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 changes ‘date taken’ date.: Windows photo editor 10 has changed the date taken date to when I modified the photo with edits. How do I get original “date taken “date back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-changes-date-taken-date/8f1cfce8-7af4-4e75-afba-d5a8f52b7ec8
  10. Change date/

in Windows 10 Support
    Change date/: Hi, ever since I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 my date has been mixed up. I'm in Australia so we have day, month then year. but at the moment it's saying month,day, year. how do I change this? thanks :) 122000