Windows 10: Windows License for BootCamp that is No More

Discus and support Windows License for BootCamp that is No More in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I was having difficulty with a machine using a Windows Pro license on a boot camp installation. Had to wipe the machine, was able to deactivate the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by JoaWalton, Sep 25, 2019.

1. JoaWalton Win User

Windows License for BootCamp that is No More

I was having difficulty with a machine using a Windows Pro license on a boot camp installation.

Had to wipe the machine, was able to deactivate the license, but did not get this deactivation confirmed online. How do I get the license to be transferred to new vm instance, old instance is showing up in devices.

:)

JoaWalton, Sep 25, 2019

2. License Activation On Apple Hardware - REINSTALL, NO BOOTCAMP

BACKGROUND:

• Purchased Windows 10 Home at Best Buy on USB stick
    • Purchase Included a Windows 10 Home Product Key
    • Installed Windows on iMac using Apple's BootCamp utility
    • Windows 10 installation resides on it's own partition
    • Runs perfect

THE PLAN:

• Reformat iMac Hard Drive as NTFS
    • Reinstall Windows 10 Home on full drive, eliminating Apple's OSX system
    • Use the iMac as a Windows machine

QUESTION:

Will I encounter any License Activation Issues? If so how do I deal with it?

southwestcoyote, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Windows license problem in bootcamp and Parallels Desktop

I am a MacBook Pro user and using Bootcamp and Virtual Machines Parallels Desktop 14 in the same time. The license suppose to be able to use in both engine cause it is the same computer.

However, I activated the Windows license in the Parallels Desktop first.

Now, the Windows in Bootcamp is telling me that the product key was already used on another device.

Please help me. I do not want to purchase again the license using in the same computer.

rena-0620123, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Naresh_K Win User

Transfer Windows 10 license to another computer.

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please note that one license key is valid only for one hardware. However you can try the steps mentioned below to check if that helps. Make sure that you have the 25-alpha numeric product key (Retail version). Here are some steps that you can follow:

Step 1: Uninstall the key from your Mac (Bootcamp). To uninstall the license key, follow the steps mentioned bellow:

1. Open command prompt (search CMD on start menu) and run it as administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /upk
    3. The following command will uninstall the product key from your Bootcamp partition.

Step 2: Install the product key on new Computer.

1. Open Run (Windows Key + R) and then type: SLUI 3
    2. You will be prompted to enter the product key.
    3. Please type the product key and try to activate it.

Step 3: If step 2 does not work, then you will need to install the product key manually and perform phone activation.

1. Open Command prompt once again and run it administrator.
    2. Then type: slmgr /ipk XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

Note: replace XXXXX with the product key.
    3. Once you receive a confirmation prompt that the product key has been installed.
    4. Close the Command prompt Window.
    5. Now open Run (Windows Key + R) and type SLUI 4.
    6. Then choose your country and click on Next and follow the on screen instructions.

Hope this helps.

Naresh_K, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows License for BootCamp that is No More - Similar Threads - License BootCamp More

2. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  3. Bootcamp windows issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bootcamp windows issue: I have installed window 11 from my usb with all bootcamp drivers but there is a dark screen and brightness controls are totally ignored. I got a suggestion to delete moniter.sys file from window's driver folder and it worked. But after a day the black screen comes again . Can...
  4. Windows 11 on Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 on Bootcamp: I am currently running Windows 10 by virtue of having Boot-camp on my Mac Book Pro. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 11 on Boot-camp? Some months back I tried it and it didn't complete....
  5. Windows 11 on Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 on Bootcamp: I am currently running Windows 10 by virtue of having Boot-camp on my Mac Book Pro. Is it possible to upgrade to Windows 11 on Boot-camp? Some months back I tried it and it didn't complete....
  6. AMD Bootcamp Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD Bootcamp Windows: Trying to update AMD Radeon RX460/560D in Windows on bootcamp on MacBook Pro. I keep getting a message that hardware isnt recognized. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-bootcamp-windows/3d4a33e6-8148-4f77-b321-ec2255e1b674
  7. How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to remove a license / deactivate windows on a computer if the same license used more...: Hello, I have a Windows 10 laptop and then bought a desktop PC. I tried to transfer my license from my laptop Windows 10 to PC and now I have the same license on two computers. I searched for some items here and found that it might not be allowed to transfer licenses, if...
  8. Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootcamp: I downloaded Windows and set everything up from my 2019 Macbook Pro. Now I try to go back to Mac, I cannot find the Boot camp icon in the arrow sign and this is very bad for me since I have work to finish on that mac. So can someone please respond asap...
  9. Bootcamp

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Bootcamp: I would like to be able to find the serial number for my windows 10 running from Apple Bootcamp. Any assistance would be appreciated. I need it to download a program called Multism....
  10. Windows 10 on bootcamp

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 on bootcamp: I have recently installed a newly bought version of Windows 10 pro onto my Macbook Pro using bootcamp. Everything is working fine and I am very impressed with the speed of the system, however looking at disk cleanup it says I have an old windows file containing 16 gb, my...