Windows 10: Windows License Issues

Discus and support Windows License Issues in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I've factory reset my computer, as I do around every year. I wanted a clean start and was going to purchase Windows 10 Pro after it was completed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by bdcub, Jan 13, 2019.

1. bdcub Win User

Windows License Issues

I've factory reset my computer, as I do around every year. I wanted a clean start and was going to purchase Windows 10 Pro after it was completed.

Before the fresh install of Windows (I reset when booting it up, not through settings) was installed I could see through Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Go to Store I had the option to buy Windows 10 Pro. I figured this would work similarly after I had reset the computer as I had gone through the procedure a few times before.

Now when I try and buy Windows 10 Pro, I get directed to a "get genuine windows" page, where grey text displays the message "We're not sure how you got here, but you can't buy this version of Windows 10."

I've been pulling my hair out surfing through forum posts and such, but I just cannot seem to get this to work at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

bdcub, Jan 13, 2019
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jan 13, 2019
  3. Zedicus Win User
    windows licensing issue

k so the place where i work is around 4000 computers now and we r finally talking about moving to XP. i have a bit of a licensing issue that im curious on. all of the computers we purchase come with a windows xp OEM key. but to build a business wide image i have to use a volume license key installer. the head man thinks it is perfectly legal for me to come up with any random volume license key code to use on our image installer since each machine has a lisence stuck to it already. even though thouse licenses are for an oem install... for now im going to assume all the licenses on computers are actually for xp pro also, and not home, becuz then it would for sure not be legal.

im just kinda curious of peeples views becuz i know how stict the uela is. and for 1 or 2 computers i wouldnt care but where im setting up 4000 computers for a government agency i would like to not hav the licensing fall back on me.

Zedicus, Jan 13, 2019
  4. Windows License Issues

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 13, 2019
Thema:

Windows License Issues

1. Windows License Issues - Similar Threads - License Issues

2. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  3. Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro''

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activation Issue ''Window 11 home license but running Window 11 Pro'': HI everyone,I just purchased new PC and start it now. But when i went on to the window activation section it says ''We found window 11 home license for this device but running window 11 pro.'' So please anyone can give me direction to tackle this issue right now as a lot of...
  4. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    microsoft store Acquiring license issue: How to get microsoft store Acquiring license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-acquiring-license-issue/ad1408ba-bf56-4e0b-9ccd-1ea24582f677
  5. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft store Acquiring license issue: How to get microsoft store Acquiring license ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-store-acquiring-license-issue/ad1408ba-bf56-4e0b-9ccd-1ea24582f677
  6. microsoft store Acquiring license issue

7. When I open Minecraft it says I don’t have a license for MY game, this was not an issue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I open Minecraft it says I don’t have a license for MY game, this was not an issue...: Fix it. I bought it I should be able to play it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-minecraft-it-says-i-dont-have-a/e2c0e873-50e8-455e-9445-127b4ad23175
  8. When I open Minecraft it says I don’t have a license for MY game, this was not an issue...

When I open Minecraft it says I don’t have a license for MY game, this was not an issue...: Fix it. I bought it I should be able to play it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-i-open-minecraft-it-says-i-dont-have-a/e2c0e873-50e8-455e-9445-127b4ad23175
  9. Windows 11 Digital License Activation Issue - Oct 2023

Windows 11 Digital License Activation Issue - Oct 2023: Issue: I recently re-built my PC with a new motherboard and SSD, installed Windows 11 Pro and attempted activation of the digital license in my account. The activation has failed with: "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device". Clicking the option "I changed...
  10. Windows 11 Digital License Activation Issue - Oct 2023

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Digital License Activation Issue - Oct 2023: Issue: I recently re-built my PC with a new motherboard and SSD, installed Windows 11 Pro and attempted activation of the digital license in my account. The activation has failed with: "We weren't able to activate Windows on this device". Clicking the option "I changed...