Windows 10: Windows license status after unlink device

Discus and support Windows license status after unlink device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cliffflip, Sep 26, 2019.

1. cliffflip Win User

Windows license status after unlink device

So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account and reset the device, can the new owner use it like it’s a brand new laptop? My nephew already have another Windows linked to his account, so it just like adding another device or there’s something else I and he should do during the process?

:)

cliffflip, Sep 26, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 26, 2019
  3. How to unlink devices?

I had a live chat session with MS Customer Care, and I had to insert various times my MS account password.
    So, for safety, I changed my password, but on my Windows Phone is still linked with old password. Even email still works on phone *Huh

Any way to unlink devices?

Siegfriedm, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows license status after unlink device - Similar Threads - license status unlink

2. Unlink emails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unlink emails: How do I unlink two email accounts in Hotmail? Need some help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-emails/824bac38-655f-4448-a728-b685c4b7fa08"
  3. Unlinking 365 account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unlinking 365 account: The company I worked at had awful "loaner" laptops for people to borrow when they needed to work remotely, so I figured I'd be smart and link my work email/365 account to my personal laptop and use that instead. Problem is, I've since left the company, and now I'm getting...
  4. Device performance & health Status unknown

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Device performance & health Status unknown: I have the computer connected with Microsoft account. But my PC fails to report Device performance & health, despite the fact that Windows Defender reports everything in green when checked locally. How to fix it? PLEASE![ATTACH][ATTACH]...
  5. Windows 10 licensing after

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 licensing after: Question about windows license. We have computer with windows 8.1 sticker, but computer had windows 10 with KMS activated, not legal windows. I installed clean setup windows 10 home and it's got activated as I understand by the windows 8.1 key. So it's legal after period when...
  6. Unlink Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unlink Microsoft account: So I accidentally signed in to my Microsoft account on a computer and it got linked to the local account I was on. How do I unlink my Microsoft account while keeping the local account intact? The computer is using Windows 10, and I don’t think there are backups. I need...
  7. Problem checking device license status

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Problem checking device license status: Hi Every time I open an Office program on my new laptop I get this message: "PRODUCT NOTICE There was a problem checking this device's license status. Please sign in with the Office 365 account this device was activated with." I've tried reinstalling Office 365, and...
  8. How does the device status work?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How does the device status work?: to specify, its for my graphics card. What should i watch out for? Graphics card: AMD RX 470[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-does-the-device-status-work/62bdbf25-ac51-49d1-81a8-c5783c39350d
  9. Does clicking on a value for Status in Details of Device Manager change the current status...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Does clicking on a value for Status in Details of Device Manager change the current status...: As an Administrator, I clicked on a value that was different than the one highlighted at the top for Status in the Details tab of Device Manager for an external SSD and clicked the OK button. Does clicking change the status or does clicking just highlight the different value...
  10. How to unlink devices?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to unlink devices?: I had a live chat session with MS Customer Care, and I had to insert various times my MS account password. So, for safety, I changed my password, but on my Windows Phone is still linked with old password. Even email still works on phone *Huh Any way to unlink devices?...