Windows 10: Windows license status after unlink device

Discus and support Windows license status after unlink device in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by cliffflip, Sep 26, 2019.

1. cliffflip Win User

Windows license status after unlink device

So I want to give my laptop to my nephew. I have read this article but wondering about the Windows license. After I remove my device from my account and reset the device, can the new owner use it like it’s a brand new laptop? My nephew already have another Windows linked to his account, so it just like adding another device or there’s something else I and he should do during the process?

:)

cliffflip, Sep 26, 2019

2. unlink email accounts

Hi, There are several methods or steps we can utilize to achieve your objective of unlinking your emails account with removing them. Before proceed with the different steps available, we need to further clarify on what applications or where on Windows
    10 you would like to unlink the email accounts. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the questions below:

• The email account you wanted to unlink, is this a Microsoft account, an Outlook.com account or a third party email account?
    • Where are you attempting to unlink your email account, is it on an email client you have on your desktop computer?
    • If you are using an email client, are you using the Outlook desktop application or a third party email client?
    • Are you pertaining to unlinking your email account from Windows 10 as a sign in option?

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 26, 2019
  3. How to unlink devices?

I had a live chat session with MS Customer Care, and I had to insert various times my MS account password.
    So, for safety, I changed my password, but on my Windows Phone is still linked with old password. Even email still works on phone *Huh

Any way to unlink devices?

Siegfriedm, Sep 26, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

Unlink combined contacts - People app

Hi Ninaco,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forums.

The People app is your address book. Combine contacts is a feature to link duplicates to a single contact to avoid confusion. To overcome the issue you’re facing, I suggest you to try the steps listed below:

Method 1

Unlink Contacts:

• Open People app, click on the contact that is linked, and select
      See More on the right pane.
    • Click on Separate for the contact you want to unlink.

Method 2

Reset People app:

If you’ve multiple contacts that are linked, resetting People app would unlink contacts and put everything in place.

• Exit People app, if open.
    • Open Settings and click on Apps.
    • Locate People app on the right pane and choose
      Advanced Options.
    • Click on Reset.

Once reset is complete, open People app to see if the contacts are still linked.

For more information regarding People app, refer People app help

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Sep 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows license status after unlink device - Similar Threads - license status unlink

2. License linked vs unlinked!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    License linked vs unlinked!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Is there any difference between "Windows is activated with digital license linked to an Microsoft account" vs "Windows is activated with digital license".Linked vs non-linked difference, explain clearly....
  3. License linked vs unlinked!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    License linked vs unlinked!: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,Is there any difference between "Windows is activated with digital license linked to an Microsoft account" vs "Windows is activated with digital license".Linked vs non-linked difference, explain clearly....
  4. License linked vs unlinked!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unlink digital license key

Unlink digital license key: Hello!So, I have this account linked to a digital license key. I want to unlink this digital license key from this account and I want to activate my product key by keeping all my files on my PC. How can I do that?Thank you,Rajmond...
  6. Unlink digital license key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlink digital license key: Hello!So, I have this account linked to a digital license key. I want to unlink this digital license key from this account and I want to activate my product key by keeping all my files on my PC. How can I do that?Thank you,Rajmond...
  7. Unlink digital license key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. unlink license from account

unlink license from account: is there a way to unlink my windows license from my microsoft account? don't ask why, it's a bit complicated to explain right now https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlink-license-from-account/4aca470f-4fa7-479a-a9e8-d4def4743847
  9. PRODUCT NOTICE There was a problem checking this device's license status.

PRODUCT NOTICE There was a problem checking this device's license status.: PRODUCT NOTICE There was a problem checking this device's license status. Please sign in with the Microsoft 365 account this device was activated with. I have the above message continue to pop up on my Surface Pro. Unfortunately I no longer have access to the email...
  10. Problem checking device license status

Problem checking device license status: Hi Every time I open an Office program on my new laptop I get this message: "PRODUCT NOTICE There was a problem checking this device's license status. Please sign in with the Office 365 account this device was activated with." I've tried reinstalling Office 365, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. will unlinking device deactivate windows license