Windows 10: Windows licensing guide

Discus and support Windows licensing guide in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey there! I am considering creating a website that would allow a user to VPN into a subnet containing hackable Windows virtual machines to teach... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by CyberSec7, Apr 5, 2021.

1. CyberSec7 Win User

Windows licensing guide

Hey there!

I am considering creating a website that would allow a user to VPN into a subnet containing hackable Windows virtual machines to teach people cyber security. I would want to use legacy versions of Windows like Server 2008 and Windows 7 as well as new versions. I was wondering what the implications would be for Windows licenses so here are some key questions I have.

• Can I use Enterprise evaluation licenses on these vulnerable VMs instead of paying for a license? They are purely used to break rather than provide a function
    • I had read that potentially for the Windows server product line you may need a license. If I bought one Windows Server 2019 license, could this be used on many VMs using just that one license?

If I have to buy new licenses for every single VM then this would not be an economically viable education tool.

Thanks

:)

CyberSec7, Apr 5, 2021
  2. miahallen Win User
    miahallen, Apr 5, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Apr 5, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

Windows licensing guide

Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Apr 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows licensing guide

1. Windows licensing guide - Similar Threads - licensing guide

2. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  3. how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having...: how can we transfer our Windows Pro license from old laptop to our new computer having Windows home license https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-we-transfer-our-windows-pro-license-from/870479b3-aa84-4006-9b90-8de51b666476
  4. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  5. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...: Hi there.I have a couple of questions regarding moving my system disk to new hardware and I have not been able to find clear answers in the jungle of Microsoft licensing.Background:My pc is currenly running windows 10 pro but is too old to run windows 11 pro. It is originaly...
  6. Moving system disk to new hardware, linking a license to ms account when using a domain...

7. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  8. Window license ownership transfer guide

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window license ownership transfer guide: Hi, i am considering to buy 2nd hand pc.may i know if i buy a refurbished PC that comes with OEM window 10 license, i will also get the ownership of Window 10 license transferred from previous 1st owner to the new owner which is me?Is there a specific page in MS Website or...
  9. Window license ownership transfer guide

10. ‘Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’ – Step by Step Fix Guide

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ‘Your Windows License Will Expire Soon’ – Step by Step Fix Guide: Last Updated on May 15, 2019Hello everyone. In this guide, we will be discussing Windows 10’s expiration. Before we start talking about it, I would like to explain that Windows 10 isn’t “free” as most of people think. It’s just like any product, it has an expiration date and...