Windows 10: Windows licensing question

Discus and support Windows licensing question in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, All. A couple of weeks ago I bought a new iMac. And I bought a new Win10 license to run in Parallels Desktop. After a day or so I realized the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BillFowler1, Dec 14, 2019.

1. Windows licensing question

Hi, All.

A couple of weeks ago I bought a new iMac. And I bought a new Win10 license to run in Parallels Desktop. After a day or so I realized the computer didn't meet my needs so I erased the disk and returned it to the Apple store. Yesterday I received my new MacBook Pro. Last night I installed Parallels Desktop and downloaded Windows 10 as a part of that installation. But Windows won't allow me to activate Win10 with my product key.

How do I reactivate on my new computer?

:)

BillFowler1, Dec 14, 2019
  2. Conor1974 Win User

License Transfer question

So I found this on the MS website.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

• Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.
      (If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)
    • Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.
    • Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:
      • If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.
        Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.
      • If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.
    • Enter your product key and click Next.
    • Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

Would this be the way to do it? And would it matter that this would be the US version and not UK?

Thanks
      Conor

Conor1974, Dec 14, 2019
  3. Windows 7 license question

Hi. Is it possible to take a Windows 7 Pro license that's currently installed on a Dell laptop and move that to a Dell desktop and take the Windows 7 Home license from the Dell desktop and install that on the laptop? I would just be switching the licenses from one to another. I get conflicting answers. The desktop would have a new hard drive installed on it and more RAM. I would be doing a fresh install on BOTH machines using a legitimate bloat free Windows disk. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Dec 14, 2019
  4. Windows licensing question

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

Windows licensing question

1. Windows licensing question - Similar Threads - licensing question

2. Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Questions About My Digital License and Microsoft Account: Greetings, I hope everyone is well. I have a 2 part question and problem I originally purchased a new computer 2 years ago with windows 7 around the time I purchased windows 7 microsoft was offering a free update to windows 10, which I took advantage of and upgraded....
  3. Transfer license question

Transfer license question: I currently have a retail version of Windows 10 Pro. I have my digital license connected to my Microsoft account. If I want to transfer to a new PC, would I have to deactivate my product key on my old PC in order to use it on the new one?...
  4. OEM motherboard license question

OEM motherboard license question: Hello, so I originally bought this computer with a OEM windows license attached to the motherboard. A couple months ago i removed my solid state drive and hard drive from the pc to let my nephew use it for a couple of months. Keep in mind I never deleted/formatted my drives...
  5. Windows 10 re-install and license questions

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 re-install and license questions: I have an Asus laptop I bought that came preinstalled with Windows 10 Pro. In the settings, for activation it says "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account". What I am looking to do is install Windows 10 on different hardware that has a...
  6. Question about activating Windows 10 License with a local account

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about activating Windows 10 License with a local account: I currently have a local account on my newly built PC. I have never previously and do not want to link my Microsoft account to my PC. If I activate Windows 10 now on my local account, what happens to my key? Can I add my Microsoft account later to back up the key to my...
  7. MINECRAFT LICENSE QUESTION

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MINECRAFT LICENSE QUESTION: Sorry if this has been asked before but I cannot find answer. Santa bought Minecraft for Windows 10 through Microsoft Store and installed it on granddaughter's new laptop. She is the only user. She already had a legit installation on another PC in her house. Can I install...
  8. Questionable site that sells very cheap Microosft License - what can we do about it?

Questionable site that sells very cheap Microosft License - what can we do about it?: What can Microsoft do to sites that are selling Microsoft Licenses that seems fake. Example Windows 10 Pro @ USD 33.00 only. https://productkey.ph/...
  9. Question about the license types and activation

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Question about the license types and activation: My windows 10 activation is showing activated via digital license but i bought the box from a retailer and used the key which is in the card. I think it was even activated before i enter my product key but i entered it anyways again. (The pc was pre owned but i formatted the...
  10. Windows 10 Home license transfer question

Windows 10 Home license transfer question: I'm planning on building a new PC and I currently run Windows 10 Home. I originally bought windows 10 for this computer a few years ago. Oddly enough I can't find the CD but I still have the sleeve with the product key on it. Can I transfer the license to the new PC or use...