Windows 10: Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA

Discus and support Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Been searching the internet for ages now, and all the information about the windows 10 activation rules and its Licensing Rules are making my head... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by eluphay, Jun 12, 2019.

1. eluphay Win User

Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA

Been searching the internet for ages now, and all the information about the windows 10 activation rules and its Licensing Rules are making my head spin, all i want to know, is how would i go about licensing all my computers with Legit Windows 10 Pro copies, that can all be transferred in the future and preferably forever, when the computers are replaced and or upgraded, I have at least 6 computers i want to upgrade, however i will be doing it with fresh installs of full priced windows 10 pro licences, Digital/Retail, will i need to make an MSA for each computer and buy a licence for each of those accounts, most of them being fake, but owned by me, a real person, or can i own multiple licences on my single MSA by buying more of them, and logging into and activating all of my computers with that single MSA, obviously only activating the amount of computers i own licenses for, So if for example i own 6 digital licenses, Then i can only have up to a maximum of 6 PCs activated at any one time.

however it seems like i may only be able to own one digital licence on my MSA.

So my questions are... is it possible to own multiple copies on one Microsoft Account, or would i need to buy a license for multiple accounts used on each computer, or would i need to purchase Retail keys instead and use them on each computer?

:)

eluphay, Jun 12, 2019
  2. qubit Win User

Windows licensing - confusion

No one's stated the obvious: a TechNet sub. As you want multiple licences, this is a no-brainer.

You get at least 5 keys for each version of the product. If you get the Pro version, it doesn't cost much and you get hundreds of products, including all the versions of Windows, including Server that you want!

Yeah, it's a no-brainer. *Wink Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA ;)

Here's a list of all the downloads available for a Pro sub:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subscriptions/downloads/default.aspx

qubit, Jun 12, 2019
  3. MSA and Administrator Account Confusion!!

Hi, All. Okay, I have myself thoroughly confused right now. I have a Local (is that the same as Standard?) Account and an Administrator Account (with MSA attached). I decided I needed another MSA for my Local Account and set one up. When I checked some
    things (like OneDrive), I realized that having two MSA's would NOT allow me the SAME access--photos, etc., only appear in my
    original MSA. So then I decided to delete it (thinking I'd go back to my original Local Account).

Ha!! Well, for starters, the new MSA password seems buggered up. Everything seemed fine at set up, but then when I actually tried to sign in with it, the space for the password was TOO SMALL!?? How is that possible?? Got the message it was incorrect. Then
    I decided to set up a PIN so I could sign in. That works fine.

I guess my most pressing concern is: When the second MSA is deleted in 60 days, WHAT HAPPENS??
    Do I entirely lose that Local Account and all of my stuff in it???

I've researched all the info I could find on MSA's, but I'm still baffled. Oh: And does the MSAhave
    to be attached to the Admin Account or does it matter?? My whole point was to NOT use my Admin Account on a regular basis. That's why I thought I needed a second MSA--for the Local Account.

In addition, I guess the MSA sign-in and a Windows password sign-in are TWO SEPARATE issues. I never wanted to have to enter a password or PIN to sign on! I can't switch to Sign In With Local Account, because the MSA password doesn't work!

I know I'm a mess, but any thoughts/info/instructions would be MOST HUMBLY APPRECIATED!!

Chris

chrisradanovich, Jun 12, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

1. Windows Licensing Rules, Confusing, Multiple PCs One MSA - Similar Threads - Licensing Rules Confusing

2. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One account multiple PCs, different desktops: I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options....
  3. One account multiple PCs, different desktops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One account multiple PCs, different desktops: I have a new tablet. I want the desktop to be different than my main PC. Right now, it has copied all the shortcuts to the new tablet and if I delete them, it says it will delete them on all desktops. Please let me know my options....
  4. Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key: Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activision-can-run-on-multiple-pcs-with-one-key/e5396617-13c8-47d5-888e-ab468daea6d1
  5. Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key: Activision can run on multiple PCs with one key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activision-can-run-on-multiple-pcs-with-one-key/e5396617-13c8-47d5-888e-ab468daea6d1
  6. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP: Hello Microsoft community,I need advise or to be pointed to the right direction.I have 2 desktops at home, I have one set with 3389 as the port for the firewall rule - PC1I have the other one set with 3388 as the port for the firewall rule - PC2I am using my external ip in...
  7. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP: Hello Microsoft community,I need advise or to be pointed to the right direction.I have 2 desktops at home, I have one set with 3389 as the port for the firewall rule - PC1I have the other one set with 3388 as the port for the firewall rule - PC2I am using my external ip in...
  8. Access multiple PCs with one External ip with RDP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  9. Transfer of Windows 10 license rules

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer of Windows 10 license rules: Hello I wonder if anyone can help confirm what can and cannot be done with a W10 license. My current windows 10 license is an upgrade from a W7 OEM license I had when i bought my PC 5.5 years ago. I now want to upgrade the Motherboard and understand I need to purchase...
  10. Is Windows 10 Pro License Good for Multiple PCs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Is Windows 10 Pro License Good for Multiple PCs?: I have Windows 10 Pro installed on one machine but have another PC ordered and on the way and am wondering if my current license can be installed on multiple machines (how many, 1, 3, 5...more?) How do I determine this myself?....I went onto my Microsoft account and can't...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the maximum amount of lisences that can be attached to a MSA account?

2. windows licensing rules

3. windows upgrade licence for multiple pcs