Windows 10: Windows limits my CPU frequency

Discus and support Windows limits my CPU frequency in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, After an update my processor cannot run higher than 1,5Ghz. I've tried resetting CPU and cache voltages and multipliers, that worked for 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Matthew234, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Windows limits my CPU frequency

Hello,

After an update my processor cannot run higher than 1,5Ghz. I've tried resetting CPU and cache voltages and multipliers, that worked for 10 seconds and then the CPU returned to 62% load at 1.49Ghz again. The base frequency displayed at the task manager is 2.4. How can I disable this limitations in order to reach normal CPU speed?

:)

Matthew234, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

Hello Muhammad,

CPU usage depends on the applications that are open to your device. To isolate the problem, we suggest that you answer the following questions:

• Can you include a screenshot of the CPU reading?
    • Have you tried performing a
      clean boot
      to eliminate software conflicts?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Jul 15, 2018
  3. INCORRECT CPU FREQUENCY READING

I just reinstall my windows 10. Then after checking task manager the cpu reading shows 1% utilization at 2.40GHz. Somebody tell me how to fix this incorrect cpu frequency reading ?

MuhammadLuqmanH, Jul 15, 2018
  4. spetrov Win User

Windows limits my CPU frequency

CPU frequency locks at 0.78 GHz

Hello,

My CPU get locks at 0.78 GHz and not going up or down. In the same time when CPU is locked at 0.78 GHz,

laptops fans runs fast (noisy) but the coming air is not even hot.

I have found a tool named Intel(R) Extreme tuning utility to use it as monitor of "what's going on with my system",

i'm not overclocking or changing something in CPU.

Tuning utility shows value of "Thermal Throttling" as 100% i think this is the reason why CPU stays at 0.78 GHz, it get down step because of this thermal throttling.

CPU package and core temperature is normal around 40c .

All this information is visible into this picture:

Windows limits my CPU frequency 0e05a760-5e71-41dd-a028-42165b6d17f2.png

With random combination of reboots, shutdown unplug power and plug power CPU gets frequency stepping again

Thermal Throttling is becoming zero and fans stop... and everything goes normal.

Can someone explain what is connection between Windows (10) OS and CPU freq. stepping.

I think there is some connection because of available options in power plan settings, there is options Processor power management

that can control CPU min and max freq. state, but i'm not pretty sure is it related to "Thermal Throttling".

spetrov, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Windows limits my CPU frequency

1. Windows limits my CPU frequency - Similar Threads - limits CPU frequency

2. CPU running at max frequency

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  3. CPU running at max frequency

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CPU running at max frequency: To lead off, nothing on my system is overclocked and the cpu has a min process state of 20%. So I unplugged my PC the other day to clean up around it and have had nothing but issues since getting it back together. Outside of an issue with my wifi adapter that fixed itself, my...
  4. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  5. Massive CPU frequency drop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Massive CPU frequency drop: Hello everyone. I have a strange problem. I have an Acer Aspire A715-75G 8GB, GTX 1650, i5-10300H. Every once in a while, my laptop freezes for about 4 or 5 seconds and then returns to normal. When it freezes, background activity continues, but I can no longer do anything...
  6. regulatory domain limiting channels/frequencies

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    regulatory domain limiting channels/frequencies: inspirion 15-7559 intel wireless-ac 9260 and also happens with intel wireless-ac 8265 region: US the linux info mentioned below is for a better explanation of whats happening on windows on the same machine, behavior is identical and only begain after the latest big windows...
  7. CPU limiting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CPU limiting: Hi. I have a laptop with an Intel Core i5 4200M that runs at 2.5 GHz. The LCD broke a few days ago and so I'm using an external monitor and the laptop is basically a desktop for now. Since it stays in the same place, instead of charging and discharging the battery the...
  8. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited

The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited: Windows 10 Pro 1803. The frequency and maximum load of the processor is limited, although the "High performance" power plan is included and there are no limits. Sometimes when I change power plan and reboot PC, the limiter is remove, but not for long time.[ATTACH]...
  9. Too high frequency of CPU

Too high frequency of CPU: My CPU started working at 95% to 105% all the time. Could you help me how to get it back to the standby mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/too-high-frequency-of-cpu/642d599d-5ddd-4914-b49d-2d349172e739
  10. CPU Frequency Too High

CPU Frequency Too High: Recently my CPU is operating at 97% to 104% all the time. How can I throttle it back to idle? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/cpu-frequency-too-high/2cc1e580-8610-4dce-a7bf-ee8b6630536b