Windows 10: Windows links file to another drive

Discus and support Windows links file to another drive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi i want to ask a question that whenever i save a file on my computer in windows drive C: it also shows that file in New Volume H:.I Delete something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Nuzhat Barak, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Windows links file to another drive

Hi i want to ask a question that whenever i save a file on my computer in windows drive C: it also shows that file in New Volume H:.I Delete something from windows drie or new volume it deletes from both places. It does not take double space.

:)

Nuzhat Barak, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 5, 2021
  3. little cat, Mar 5, 2021
  4. Drone Win User

Windows links file to another drive

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Windows links file to another drive

1. Windows links file to another drive - Similar Threads - links file another

2. Installing .appxbundle files on another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Installing .appxbundle files on another drive: Hi. I want to install an appxbundle file on another drive because my C drive is full and you know it just has 38 GB Storage Space when it's empty of everything... so I can't install the file in this drive at all.Now is there anyway to install it on another drive?Note: I can...
  3. Installing .appxbundle files on another drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installing .appxbundle files on another drive: Hi. I want to install an appxbundle file on another drive because my C drive is full and you know it just has 38 GB Storage Space when it's empty of everything... so I can't install the file in this drive at all.Now is there anyway to install it on another drive?Note: I can...
  4. Movin Users Folder With a Juntion link to another drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Movin Users Folder With a Juntion link to another drive.: Is It possible that I can copy files of the Users folder with Xcopy to a diferent locationmake backup and then erased from the C: drive and then create a juntion directory link with it's name that directs to another Users directory in a different drive?...
  5. Movin Users Folder With a Juntion link to another drive.

Movin Users Folder With a Juntion link to another drive.: Is It possible that I can copy files of the Users folder with Xcopy to a diferent locationmake backup and then erased from the C: drive and then create a juntion directory link with it's name that directs to another Users directory in a different drive?...
  6. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  7. Move Program files to another drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move Program files to another drive: Hi,My C drive is almost full. I would like to move some app to D Drive. I have moved some apps using Apps & Features in settings. But it can only move apps installed from Microsoft store. I have installed many softwares like Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere Pro etc which tooks...
  8. Move Program files to another drive

9. Copying files including Windows to another drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying files including Windows to another drive: I have installed a SSD and wish to copy the files, software and OS to the SSD from my old hard drive. Any tips on how this can be done? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/copying-files-including-windows-to-another-drive/f3a7823e-5786-4768-9b75-160cf87aeebd
  10. Linking files to another new device

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Linking files to another new device: Hi, My name is Alicia Kelly and recently my laptop has broken down and is getting repaired at this moment and I'm currently on my mothers laptop until mine is functioning again. Its currently assessment week at my school and all my files and assignments I've been completing...