Windows 10: Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart

Discus and support Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I have been trying to use WSL2 for development. At first I noticed everything ran super slow. So I was told that I should be mounting my projects... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/versaceblues, Nov 28, 2020.

1. Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart

So I have been trying to use WSL2 for development. At first I noticed everything ran super slow. So I was told that I should be mounting my projects under `/mnt/wsl/`. This improved performance but now my projects just get deleted on restart.

Anyone know what the correct workflow should be for development on WSL.

submitted by /u/versaceblues
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/versaceblues, Nov 28, 2020

2. Windows Subsystem Linux

Hello,

We would like to know more about the issue you're experiencing with using
    Windows Subsystem for Linux
    . Kindly answer the following questions:

• Are you developing a program, an app, or a software for Linux?
    • Is your Window 10 PC connected to a domain?
    • Are you managing a Windows Server PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Can you tell us the Version and OS build of your Windows 10 device? You can find this information by clicking the
      Start button, type About your PC, and then press
      Enter.

We need the following information in order to determine if we need to refer your concern to the
    TechNet forums or the Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) forums.

For now, we suggest reviewing these support articles to find out if there's an issue with the installation of
    Windows Subsystem for Linux:

We'll be waiting for your response.

Devlin Sco, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2

Hi Paul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while installing Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 on your PC. I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by performing certain troubleshooting steps.

I would suggest you to refer the section Set a distro to be backed by WSL 2 using the command line from the article

Installation Instructions for WSL 2
    and see if that helps.

However, since the issue is related to Windows Subsystem for Linux, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge to assist you with the query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Nov 28, 2020
  4. Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart

Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)''
    is expected to launch?

Debabrata Ganguly, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart

1. Windows Linux Subsystem 2 deleting my files on restart - Similar Threads - Linux Subsystem deleting

2. Linux for Windows Subsystem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Linux for Windows Subsystem: Hello!I have been using WSL on my computer for over a year, and my organization recently switched to Office 365. In doing so, the third party IT guy that came in set up a new local account for me. Now, I cannot access my WSL installation on the new user. I am trying to find a...
  3. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  4. Windows Subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 + Kernel?When was the release date for version 5.10.60.1 of this application? Is version 5.10.60.1 still supported will receive updates, security or...
  5. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows subsystem for Linux: Hi, I want to enable Windows subsystem for Linux for my Windows 10, x64 laptop. I have enabled the setting, but I am not able to install UBUNTU post that. Code: 0x80072EE2 Any help in this regard is appreciated. Thanks....
  6. Windows subsystem linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem linux: Why my WLS going down every two month? After that, subsystem make reset and i need configure it again? and this system make reset of all config without my asking. Where is my files, may be i have something important? where my profile, how can i recover it? When it will be...
  7. Linux Subsystem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Linux Subsystem: So i have downloald Linux Terminal from Microsoft Store i have turned on the developer options but the last thing i need to do is to turn on Linux Subsystem. I tried to turn it on from PowerShell by typing the followin command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online...
  8. Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2): Can anybody know when ''Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL2)'' is expected to launch? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-subsystem-for-linux-2-wsl2/c6045de9-7177-4290-89bb-afe853adaa94
  9. New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    New Windows Subsystem for Linux 2 (WSL 2) Linux kernel with Windows 10: Today we’re unveiling the newest architecture for the Windows Subsystem for Linux: WSL 2! Changes in this new architecture will allow for: dramatic file system performance increases, and full system call compatibility, meaning you can run more Linux apps in WSL 2 such as...
  10. Windows subsystem for Linux

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows subsystem for Linux: I am getting the message " We couldn't complete the updates … undoing changes" when I restart the computer after enabling WSL in the "Programs and Features" settings. I am running windows 10 home ver 1803 installed on 05 Aug 2018 OS Build 17134.191 Due to this, I am unable...