Windows 10: Windows Live Email

Discus and support Windows Live Email in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden my Windows Live email opens up automatically when I turn on my computer. I have check all over my PC for auto starting, such as... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Shiron, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Shiron Win User

Windows Live Email

All of a sudden my Windows Live email opens up automatically when I turn on my
    computer. I have check all over my PC for auto starting, such as Startup folder, Task Manager,
    and services. I cannot find any where that my Email should be starting up automatically....
    Any ideas will be greatly appreciated. I know that WLM does not have support any longer,
    however I really like it and am not ready to change to Thunderbird or any other email program.
    Thanks for any help.
    Ron

:)

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018

2. How to synchronize Outlook 2013 and Windows Phone 8

I have 4 different windows live accounts that I set up under 4 different POP3 email addresses.....I do not receive any email to these email addresses through my Windows Live/Outlook accounts....when I log into any of these windows live accounts (the ones
    that use a POP3 email address), I get NO email there at all.

I sync 2 of these windows live accounts to Outlook on my computer so I can get the contacts and appointments associated with these accounts to my windows live accounts and sync them to my phone. Since there is no email being delivered to these windows live
    accounts, no email ever gets synced to Outlook on my computer for these windows live accounts.

But I download email for 1 of my POP3 accounts directly to Outlook because I have set up a separate POP3 email account in Outlook

If you log into your Windows Live account, using a POP3 email address and if email from the POP3 email address is being delivered to the windows live account, it is being delivered there either because windows live is set up to retrieve email or because the
    POP3 account is set up to forward email to that account.

Who is the ISP for your POP3 account?

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 24, 2018
  3. Unable to setup email on HTC Touch Diamond

I used your method 2 (logging into Windows Live account) and was able to tic the Sync email option and sync my Windows Live email account (which I only use for this forum) to my pocket pc with no problems. Now if I go to the messaging application,
    I see a hotmail account there with my Windows Live email in it. (Live email is the latest version of Hotmail).

Are you able to login to Windows Live with no problems? Are you able to use the instant messenging services under Windows Live?

Julie fka profjulie, Jan 24, 2018
  4. Windows Live Email

Caledon Ken, Jan 24, 2018
  5. essenbe Win User
    Try looking in either
    C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
    or C:\Users\The User Name\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

Also, make sure you close WLM before you shutdown or restart.

essenbe, Jan 24, 2018
  6. Shiron Win User
    Thanks both of you. HOWEVER, I have tried those and have not found any way that WLM should start
    up when I turn on my computer, and I always turn off any running programs before shutting down at night.
    I am at a loss !!
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
  7. Okay lets try this.

Hold shift key down and then click shutdown. This gives you a fresh copy of Windows when you power on.

8. Shiron Win User

Windows Live Email

Thanks Caledon Ken,
    I will certainly do this when I shut down. But in regards to WLM auto starting, It does not do it ALL THE TIME.
    I'm not so sure that a Windows update did something???? Who knows? I plan to shut down in a minute. Will let
    you know what happens.
    Thanks again
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
  9. essenbe Win User
    You can also go to Programs and Features, Uninstall a program and find Windows Essentials, click on it then click on Uninstall/change at the top. When it starts it will ask whether you want to uninstall or repair it. Try the repair and see if that will correct the problem.

essenbe, Jan 24, 2018
  10. Shiron Win User
    Well I shut down WITHOUT holding down shift key and WLM started up automatically.
    Then I shut down holding the shift key and WLM did not start up automatically.
    Three things
    1: do I have to hold shift key from now on ?
    2:Or is there a fix?
    3: still don't know why it does auotstart.

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
  11. Shiron Win User
    I could try to "repair" or "change" however since Microsoft has stopped support for WLM, I would
    rather not try anything to it, just in case...
    Oh well, I guess I can live with the shift key.
    Perhaps ,who knows maybe it will correct itself in time ????
    Again thanks
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
  12. Holding the shift key down prevents Windows Fast Startup from engaging.

You could disable this feature.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

I would not be expecting a fix for an unsupported product. That said patches get patched.

Ken

13. Shiron Win User

Windows Live Email

Thanks, I guess it is what it is !!!!
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
  14. I know you said you don't want to move but I would be looking at alternative mail products.

Don't want to wake up one day and find either a security change by your email supplier or a Feature update has totally crippled your mail.

You could then find yourself in a real mess.

15. Shiron Win User
    Right. I am going to change to ThunderBird.
    Thanks for all the help.
    Ron

Shiron, Jan 24, 2018
Thema:

Windows Live Email

1. Windows Live Email - Similar Threads - Live Email

2. I use windows live email but cant send emails but do receive them.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use windows live email but cant send emails but do receive them.: This is the error message i get when I want to send emailsThe message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***', please contact your email...
  3. I use windows live email but cant send emails but do receive them.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I use windows live email but cant send emails but do receive them.: This is the error message i get when I want to send emailsThe message could not be sent. The setting for your outgoing email [SMTP] server might need to be configured. To find the server settings for '*** Email address is removed for privacy ***', please contact your email...
  4. I use windows live email but cant send emails but do receive them.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  6. How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail

How to transfer emails from Windows Live mail: Hi I have wanted to move some emails from my UWClub account to my Gmail account but I dont know what the password for Windows Live is. I have tried to go through Microsoft to recover my account but to no avail. I had the following response - Unfortunately, our automated...
  7. Recover access to Microsoft Live account where there is no access to the associated email...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Recover access to Microsoft Live account where there is no access to the associated email...: Hi,My dad's PC is refusing to boot into Windows. I want to revert the OS to an earlier version however I need the bitlocker key to do that. Unfortunately my dad cannot recall the password for Microsoft Live to access the bitlocker key, and although I thought I had a note of...
  8. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  9. Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.

Windows live mail 2012, sends multiple copies of same email with attachments.: When sending email attachments, Windows Live Mail sends out multiple emails one original, sometimes up to 60-70 of same email. Email will not open properly & when it does go through, the text portion looks gibberish. No prob when not sending attachments. Need help!Thanks.Anne...
  10. I want to transfer my emails from an old PC to a new PC but windows live mail app is no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to transfer my emails from an old PC to a new PC but windows live mail app is no...: My old PC has slowed down and is unusable and so I've had to purchase a new PC. I have hundreds of emails in folders on an old PC in windows live mail which is no longer available. I have a new PC and want to move these emails into outlook or gmail - whatever works . The...