Windows 10: Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker

Discus and support Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have two older desktops with "Windows7 Home Premium" on them. The version of "Movie Maker" contained within "Windows Live Essentials 2011" on both... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by axeroad, Jan 11, 2020.

1. axeroad Win User

Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker

I have two older desktops with "Windows7 Home Premium" on them. The version of "Movie Maker" contained within "Windows Live Essentials 2011" on both these towers seems to work the same as the version contained in the "Live Essentials 2012" suite that I am currently using on my laptop ….which is running Windows 10.

Is there a difference between the version of "Windows Live Movie Maker" offered within "Windows Live Essentials 2011" and the last available version of "Windows Live MovieMaker" that came in "Windows Live Essentials 2012" ....or are they essentially the same program?

:)

axeroad, Jan 11, 2020
  2. Bree Win User

windows movie maker on win 10

I installed the Windows Essentials 2012 Movie Maker back when my PC was running Windows 7 then subsequently took the free upgrade to Windows 10. At install (the shortcut's date matches the creation date of the Windows Live directory in Program Files) Windows Essentials 2012 created a 'Movie Maker' item on the Start menu. It's still there in the 'all apps' list under 'M' for 'Movie Maker'.

Maybe 'create a link on start menu' was an option during setup? I can't remember, it was years ago.

3. Windows Live Movie Maker

Hi,

As you are facing issue with Windows Live Movie Maker, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Key, type Control Panel
      and select the same from the list.
    • Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    • Locate Windows Live Essential then click
      Uninstall/Change.
    • When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    • Restart your computer after the repair.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 11, 2020
  4. Arul_D Win User

Windows Movie Maker not recognizing .avi files

Hi Matthew,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

We would suggest you to repair the Windows Live Movie Maker and check.

Follow the below steps to repair Windows Live Movie Maker.

• Type appwiz.cpl in the search box and hit Enter.
    • Right click Windows Essentials 2012 and select repair.
    Hope this information helps.

Arul_D, Jan 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Live Essentials 2011/12 ....Win 7/8/10 ....and Movie Maker - Similar Threads - Live Essentials 2011

2. windows movie maker 2011

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows movie maker 2011: I have an old HP laptop that had the old windows movie maker pre-installed on it. Is there a way I can download it to a flash drive to install on my new HP desktop?It is a Pavillion Notebook 7 with Windows 7....
  3. windows movie maker 2011

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows movie maker 2011: I have an old HP laptop that had the old windows movie maker pre-installed on it. Is there a way I can download it to a flash drive to install on my new HP desktop?It is a Pavillion Notebook 7 with Windows 7....
  4. Movie Maker, windows 7 to windows 10 ???

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Movie Maker, windows 7 to windows 10 ???: Dear Folks --- I am 80 years old young and can operate my computer but basically an computer illiterate. For many years I used Movie Maker when I had Windows 7. Then, I had a technician convert my computer to Windows 10 - I do not like it - probably because I was so used to...
  5. Windows Live Movie Maker

Windows Live Movie Maker: I wanna download "Windows Live Movie Maker" for Windows 10. Can any friend guide me the reliable source to download free software. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-movie-maker/6cbd2b98-c0e5-43e0-9a44-33baefd53766
  6. Windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Movie Maker: I am trying to process a MP4 file in Movie Maker which I have imported from my Samsung phone. It can read the file but the quality is poor. Does Movie Maker support this type of file and if not what can I do to make it read the file successfully?...
  7. Windows Live Movie Maker

Windows Live Movie Maker: I have downloaded a MP4 file from my camera on my Samsung Phone into Windows Live Movie Maker which I can read but the quality is not very good. Does Movie Maker support MP4 files? If not what do I need to do to be able to play this file correctly?...
  8. windows Live Movie Maker

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows Live Movie Maker: What the heck happened? Why doesn't Movie Maker work? I hate Windows 10!!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-movie-maker/24456fbb-9ab2-46c1-b207-1d071e146874
  9. Windows live movie maker software

Windows live movie maker software: I have purchased a new lappy with win10 original and it has all other win apps except windows live movie maker. It is very important to me, how can i install or download it? And if not, is there any best substitute of it, with free full version? Please reply!...
  10. windows movie maker on win 10

windows movie maker on win 10: Good day. Trying to get windows movie maker on win 10, I d/led Windows Essentials 2012 and is installed, after this I can not find and execute movie maker or photo gallery. Please help. Thanks. 63003