Windows 10: Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it

Discus and support Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The Microsoft Essentials pack, consisting of Photo Gallery, Movie Maker, Live Writer (which is now available as an open source project) and Live Mail,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it

Read more: Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it

:)

Brink, Dec 11, 2015
  2. Jmarco0921, Dec 11, 2015
  3. mlg63 Win User
    mlg63, Dec 11, 2015
  4. gpstoloff Win User

This is the issue: MS is performing this upgrade in waves of Outlook.com accounts. Unfortunately, they jumped too soon to send out this message, and applying it before your account is upgraded will crash WLM during calendar synch.

Here's the word (courtesy of Ron Sommer MVP):

Login to your outlook.com account using a browser. Does it say Outlook.com or Outlook Mail (Preview)?

KB3093594 should only be installed if you have an outlook.com account that has been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview).

If you have more than one outlook.com account, you will have to decide if you want the accounts that have not been upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) to work or do you want the accounts that have been upgraded to work.

No Outlook Mail (Preview) accounts - do not install KB3093594.

An account has upgraded to Outlook Mail (Preview) - install KB3093594.

gpstoloff, Dec 11, 2015
  5. mrgeek Win User
    My issue now is that the Delete button at the top, in the ribbon, no longer works nor does ctrl + D. I have to delete an email by clicking Junk button at top next to Delete and then emptying the 'Junk email' folder by clicking the 'x' next to it. Also, from the screen cap, you'll see that there is no 'x' anymore next to 'Deleted items'. I can't empty the Deleted folder nor can I permanently delete individually because the Delete button at top doesn't work, at ll. In my Yahoo and Outlook accounts, also linked to Live Mail 2012, both are working fine and normally. Anyone have an explanation/ solution ? I have tried removing the MSN default account and adding it again but same thing.

Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it [​IMG]

mrgeek, Dec 12, 2015
  6. Burgurne Win User
  7. gpstoloff Win User
    gpstoloff, Dec 13, 2015
  8. Victek Win User

Well, I installed the update and Windows Live Mail ceased to work. Fortunately I have MS Office Outlook 2013 and setup the outlook.com accounts there using EAS. Since delta sync is going away and I don't believe WLM is going to support EAS it may as well be retired. WLM has served me well over the years and I'm sorry to see it go.

Victek, Dec 14, 2015
  9. davidhk Win User
    Why not reinstall WLM ?
    Uninstall Windows Essentials > reinstall Windows Essentials.
    And don't touch that offending KB.

Mine still working because I won't install that update.

davidhk, Dec 14, 2015
  10. Gramps Win User
    So this only applies if you have an outlook or Hotmail account you currently use? Will it still work with other e-mail accounts/providers?

Gramps, Dec 14, 2015
  11. Victek Win User
    I could try that, but Delta Sync, which is the protocol that works best for outlook.com accounts in WLM is being turned off soon. EAS (Exchange ActiveSync) also works fine and is available now in Outlook 2013. Since I would have to make the switch eventually anyway I decided to do it now.

Victek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail 2012 requires an update to keep using it - Similar Threads - Live Mail 2012

2. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  3. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Update Windows Live Mail 2012: Please go back to updating WLM... Since OE express, it is the BEST email program Microsoft has created. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-windows-live-mail-2012/429bf238-3bc5-46b2-89fd-8c5dcd86ef1c
  4. Update Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  7. Windows Live mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  8. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. Help required for Live Mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    Help required for Live Mail 2012: I've just exported my Contacts as a CSV file from one computer to another, both Windows 10 & running Live Mail 2012. On the original PC, the contacts page shows columns containing name, email, mobile, home phone, notes which is great. After the transfer, my laptop only...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. yahoo mail an error occurred 1242