Windows 10: Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com

Discus and support Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Effective late June 2016, Windows Live Mail 2012 will no longer synchronize emails, contacts, and calendar events from email accounts ending in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, May 4, 2016.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com

Source: Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com - Outlook

Brink, May 4, 2016
  2. RWOne Win User

Good to know, though I already had those accounts onto Mail and off old app, just left my own domain account, which works ok in mail too, though I'd like to see some more improvements to the app...

:)

RWOne, May 4, 2016
  3. Andre Da Costa, May 4, 2016
  4. JinRyuu Win User

hate Outlook Mail

Check this out ->

Based on the website "Starting June 30, 2016, Outlook.com accounts (@outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @msn.com, and @live.com email addresses) will start being updated and will no longer work in
    Windows Live Mail'

I think only the email accounts ending in @outlook.com, @hotmail.com, @live.com, or @msn.com that are powered by Outlook.com are affected by these changes.

So I think you can still continue to use Windows Live Mail to connect to other email services via IMAP or POP3.

Windows Live Mail 2012 is not going to have any further development. They ( Microsoft Support ) might not help me with the problem I might encounter in my WLM in Windows 10 but I can go online and find help here in Microsoft Community.

-opinion only

JinRyuu, May 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Is that why I have been getting this error message for last few days ?

Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com [​IMG]

I have been using WLM 2012 to configure 1 pop account ( Bell.net account ), and 2 live accounts ( outlook.com and live.ca accounts ).

I just click OK and ignore the message.
    All my accounts are still working correctly.
    It's no big deal. I'll just delete the live accounts from my WLM, go online for my live accounts.

davidhk, May 4, 2016
  6. MS does it again!

The implication is that ALL eMail clients (other than Mail App or Outlook) will not be able to connect to Outlook.com

Rather than force users to MS products, they should continue to support industry STANDARDS (POP3, IMAP) and add their proprietary protocol as an additional option.

C'est la vie!

Slartybart, May 4, 2016
  7. RWOne Win User
    Better yet, I got the notice moments ago.... on the MAIL app..... in my Live.com address..... saying it appears I'm using WLM 2012 to access the account ....

Just stupid ....

RWOne, May 4, 2016
  8. Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com

Also you can enter as many e-mail addresses as you like
    Then you can use the Link to link all your e-mails into one inbox which you can name it anything you like.
    Mine is my Username
    When I click on my inbox all mail from all my other mail is in that one box
    It is just the junk or spam boxes and deleted boxes you have to empty one at a time

hTconeM9user, May 4, 2016
  9. ckerno Win User
    Just today I created a brand new @Outlook.com address and set it up using IMAP in Outlook 2007. Will this change affect that?

Server name: imap-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 993
    Encryption method: SSL

Server name: smtp-mail.outlook.com
    Port: 587
    Encryption method: TLS

ckerno, May 5, 2016
  10. davidhk Win User
    davidhk, May 5, 2016
  11. gtspeck Win User
    The last time I tried the Mail App, it was cumbersome. Since I don't use Outlook or Hotmail it shouldn't affect Windows Live Mail 2012.*Wink

gtspeck, May 5, 2016
  12. AdHoc Win User
    Gutted... WLM2012 just worked so perfectly well.
    Hate Thunderbird.
    Can't use the Mail App because I'm on 7.
    Don't want to PAY to READ MY EMAIL.

AdHoc, May 5, 2016
  13. AdHoc Win User

So, what are our non-Microsoft options?
    Will any third party email client support the new Outlook system?
    I really dislike Thunderbird, so I'm looking for other options.

AdHoc, May 5, 2016
  14. Plankton Win User
    I like eM Client, it looks and feels like WLM 2011/2012. Only draw back is; the free version only allows for 2 email accounts but the paid version allows unlimited accounts. I also like and use Incredimail.....fun for animated emails.

Alternatively, you could use any of the web-based email client....like Gmail and outlook.com.
    Five Best Email Clients

Plankton, May 5, 2016
  15. davidhk Win User
    I would strongly, strongly advise everyone to stay away from Incredimail.
    Danger.

davidhk, May 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Windows Live Mail 2012 will not connect to Outlook.com - Similar Threads - Live Mail 2012

2. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail 2012: I would appreciated any assistance regarding my Windows Live Mail issue. I can receive and delete any message. I can't send, reply or foreward any email. I get the screen msg: A Problem occurred to open this msg plus A problem occurred Please try again...
  4. Windows Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail 2012: Hello, We use Windows Live Mail, but since yesterday we cannot send any mails anymore. The mails we receive have following error message : The message cannot be displayed Windows Live Mail has detected an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check that...
  5. windows live mail 2012

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    windows live mail 2012: had login screen come up and put in password.said ok screen come right back. had to call spectrum reset password now cannot receive my emails. beanner61 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/829e29db-dfac-4df8-8a10-11bbe2edc146
  6. Windows Live Mail 2012

Windows Live Mail 2012: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my Live Mail does not work. How can I fix that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-2012/2f61c61a-b436-4e40-9beb-9b082c587a53
  7. Windows Live mail 2012

Windows Live mail 2012: I use live mail 2012 and was aware of the end of support. 2 days ago I find my access to my emails has been blocked by error0x800C013E. Not able to send or receive and not able to open any of my email folders. No idea how to resolve. Can someone help?...
  8. Live Mail 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live Mail 2012: since windows 10 updates send link greyed out try as I may I can not resolve this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/live-mail-2012/47c464e1-f0b6-4024-8b75-a054bc6181cf
  9. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: Hi I have just installed windows 10 upgrade and everything is fine but my email. I use WLM 2012 for work with my work signature on it and it wont work properly. It seems to give this error message when i try and send " the message cannot be sent an error has occured"....
  10. windows live mail 2012

in Browsers and Email
    windows live mail 2012: I am a newbe to this forum. I just bought an I Pad and I am trying to have my emails transfer into it from my Windows Live mail 2012. I know it is no longer support by Micro Soft. The I Pad set up is asking me questions I can't answer. Can anyone help me please? 92086