Windows 10: WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

Discus and support WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have used Windows Live Mail as my email client for years. Even though this program is no longer supported, I continue to use it as it has served me... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndréStrydom, Dec 9, 2018.

1. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

I have used Windows Live Mail as my email client for years. Even though this program is no longer supported, I continue to use it as it has served me well over the years.

Recently I had to change my ISP and get a new email address. I am now with Spectrum/Charter. While I can RECEIVE emails, I cannot SEND any email. It just hangs while attempting to send, and I get this error message:

A time-out occurred while communicating with the server.

Subject 'Test'
    Server: 'mobile.charter.net'
    Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC19
    Protocol: SMTP
    Port: 587
    Secure(SSL): Yes

Can anyone please help me fix this? Thanks much!

:)

AndréStrydom, Dec 9, 2018
  2. davidhk Win User

Set up Charter email?

Suggestion :
    Install Windows Live Mail as your email client > configure Charter email account into WLM.

WLM is one of the programs included in Windows Essentials. You have a choice of which program you want or don't want.
    Link to download/install Windows Essentials..........
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows/essentials

Is that acceptable ?

davidhk, Dec 9, 2018
  3. JC8865 Win User
    Set up Charter email?

Having an issue with setting up my Charter email account. I cannot find what the server setting should be..it lists only 1 box for server and not an outgoing or incoming as I am used to seeing. My Charter account is what I use for Microsoft so it wont let me delete it and start over. Has anyone set up a charter account successfully?

JC

JC8865, Dec 9, 2018
  4. Rey Bel1 Win User

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

emails in windows live mail

Hi Angela,

Changes within the account settings may cause this issue. It's also possible that there are 2 identical e-mail accounts set up. Open
    Windows Mail>Tools>Accounts and see if there are two identical accounts configured. For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any significant changes on your device prior to the issue?
    • How many accounts do you have in Windows Live Mail?
    • What have you tried so far to troubleshoot the issue?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if it fixes the issue. Make sure to back up your files before performing a repair. Click this
    link
    for steps on how to back up your files. Follow these steps to repair Windows Live Mail:

• Press Windows key + X, select Control Panel from the list.
    • Click on Programs, then Uninstall a program.
    • Look for Windows Essentials.
    • Right click on Windows Essentials and click on
      Uninstall/Change
    • Choose Repair all Windows Essentials program.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Windows Live Mail. To do so, follow the same steps but choose
    Remove instead of Repair. You can download a fresh copy of Windows Live Mail
    here.

Let us know how it goes.

Rey Bel1, Dec 9, 2018
Thema:

WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL

1. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL AND SPECTRUM/CHARTER EMAIL - Similar Threads - LIVE MAIL SPECTRUM

2. Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail Not Checking for emails: Hello. I am in need of some advice with my windows live mail acct. I am running windows 10 pro. I have ATT as my email server. Last night a tech from att and myself tried to create a new email account along side of the 2 existing email accounts that I have had for 15 years or...
  3. Windows Live Mail deleted emails

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail deleted emails: In Windows Live Mail running on Windows 10, when an email is deleted it is not transferred into the Deleted folder. How do you arrange for all deleted emails to be transferred and retained in the Deleted folder. Graham...
  4. Setting up Charter email in Outlook

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Setting up Charter email in Outlook: I cannot get my Charter email account set up in Outlook. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-up-charter-email-in-outlook/430d443e-1ae0-4826-9ca1-3a8c4671906f"
  5. Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook: Is there a reliable way to transfer emails from Windows Live Mail to an Outlook .pst file? I can see that there are a number of free third party programs that claim to do it but I'm never sure if they can be trusted. I'd like to transfer over the emails I have on my old...
  6. windows mail sync with charter email

windows mail sync with charter email: My live mail stopped syncing with charter.net email. Gmail is ok. Tried using Windows Mail since live mail no longer supported. Again, Gmail syncs but Charter.net does not. I can send out of Windows mail successfully. 90 minutes with MS support achieved partial...
  7. Windows Live Mail - email attachments

Windows Live Mail - email attachments: I have a problem receiving attachments in my Windows Live mail. The emails come through but the attachments (.PDF & .doc) to not. .EML attachments come through. I recently changed to a .gmail account. before that the attachments came through with no problem. I can get the...
  8. Windows live mail is not sending emails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows live mail is not sending emails: My windows live mail is not sending emails. This is the message I get An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Invoice' Server Error: 554 Server Response: 554 5.7.1 Message rejected due to possible malicious content Server: 'send.xtra.co.nz' Windows Live Mail Error ID:...
  9. Set up Charter email?

in Browsers and Email
    Set up Charter email?: Having an issue with setting up my Charter email account. I cannot find what the server setting should be..it lists only 1 box for server and not an outgoing or incoming as I am used to seeing. My Charter account is what I use for Microsoft so it wont let me delete it and...
  10. Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Move Emails From Windows Live Mail to Windows Mail: I am setting up Windows Mail on my new Windows 10 desktop computer. I want to transfer my Windows Live emails on Windows 7 to Windows Mail on Windows 10. I have 26 folders and subfolders on the old computer. How do I do that? Thanks, cb 79288

Users found this page by searching for:

1. charter windows live mail settings

2. spectrum email server settings windows live

3. set up spectrum in live mail

4. windows live mail and spectrum/charter email,
  5. charter windows live mail server settings,
  6. spectrum email settings for windows live mail,
  7. spectrum email settings windows live mail,
  8. how to set up spectrum webmail in windows live,
  9. charter.net windows live mail settings,
  10. spectrum setting up windows live mail,
  11. email configurations for windows live mail for charter,