Windows 10: Windows Live mail app isn't working

Discus and support Windows Live mail app isn't working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows Live mail application stopped working on Windows 10 PC, after an update. Unable to send/receive emails. Error message: Unable to send or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanEhr, Oct 16, 2020.

1. AlanEhr Win User

Windows Live mail app isn't working

Windows Live mail application stopped working on Windows 10 PC, after an update. Unable to send/receive emails.

Error message:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Q AlanEhr account. An unknown error has occurred.

Server: 'mail.q.com'

Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C013E

Protocol: POP3

Port: 110

SecureSSL: No.

Tried all the right email incoming and outgoing ports, yet same issue and error code.

:)

AlanEhr, Oct 16, 2020

2. Printer isn´t working after latest update.

After the latest update from Windows, my Canon Pixma ip6600 printer isnt working. In Device Manager it shows up as working properly but when I go to print it isn´t listed as an option in any programs. Troubleshoot suggests it´s a USB 2 printer on a USB
    3 port and that that´s the problem but that cant be since it worked fine before the update. I´ve tried to uninstall and plug it back in but that doesn´t work either.

Sigurdur WilliamBrynjarsson, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Brink Win User
    Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Windows Live mail app isn't working :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

I use the Mail App with 6 Email accounts with a combined Live Tile and separate ones for specific accounts, they work but not all forms of notifications work all the time some are flakey.

I go to the simple stuff first.
    Settings > System > Notifications & actions > Get notifications from Apps and other senders > On
    Then the Apps list and switch on each Account and the Mail App.

Then on each of those Accounts and the Mail App click on them and set what type of notifications you require.

Then go to
    Settings > Privacy > background apps > Let apps run in the background > On
    Go down the long list to turn on Mail and Calendar.

Then finally go to the Tile > More and enable the Live Tile.
    and Restart.

Helmut, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Windows Live mail app isn't working - Similar Threads - Live mail app

2. Windows Live Mail 2012 not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Live Mail 2012 not working: HP G-42 laptop, Windows 7, using Windows Live Essentials Windows Live Mail 2012 .Have not used laptop since late April, fired it up the other day, opened Live mail, kept getting time outs, left it running over night and only 1 email came in to one account, should have been...
  3. Windows Live Mail 2012 not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail 2012 not working: HP G-42 laptop, Windows 7, using Windows Live Essentials Windows Live Mail 2012 .Have not used laptop since late April, fired it up the other day, opened Live mail, kept getting time outs, left it running over night and only 1 email came in to one account, should have been...
  4. Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Yahoo mail not working with Windows Live: Yahoo mail no longer works via Windows Live I have Yahoo mail set up elsewhere and it works. All settings via Window Live are correct Using IMAP Aware of a recent update from Microsoft that caused a bug with IMAP is some respects so is that the case here....
  5. Yahoo mail isn't working :

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Yahoo mail isn't working :: Hi. My Yahoo mail isn't working. If I click on a box next to one, it opens immediately. I can't delete them and once opened, I can't X them out either. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/yahoo-mail-isnt-working/3ab6402d-b391-48dd-ba7a-513335bba56e
  6. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, I posted this thread before and I didn't got a solution, I hope I'll get one this time. I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit and the Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the...
  7. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Browsers and Email
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  8. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear *Huh. Note : I have the latest version of windows 10 64 bit. 132441
  9. Mail App live tile and notification are not working !

Mail App live tile and notification are not working !: Hello, My Mail app live is not working, I tried reinstall it, reset it, but the tile is not liven even if I got emails the notification does not appear....
  10. Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Mail App and Windows Live Mail: Hello, this is my first post. I have only very recently upgraded to Windows 10 being very happy with Premium 7. Since upgrading, among other things, I am experiencing problems with my mail. Windows Live Mail still delivers my e-mail but I would like to move on to the Mail App...