Windows 10: Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update

Discus and support Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My laptop recently updated windows 10 I think #1909 on it's own. After the update, my Windows Live Mail quit working. It downloads the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by RickFleischman, Jul 18, 2020.

1. Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update

My laptop recently updated windows 10 I think #1909 on it's own. After the update, my Windows Live Mail quit working. It downloads the message headers/titles, so I know it's connecting to the gmail server, but when I try to open the message, I get the error, "Message Can't be Displayed. Windows live mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or disk space and try again." I have plenty of memory and disk space. Thanks for any suggestions! And yes, I know I should go to a newer email client, but I have too much wrapped up in Windows Live and just want to fix it! Rick

:)

RickFleischman, Jul 18, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Windows Live Emerges from Beta

After a trickle of updates and "betas", Microsoft Corp. is ready to start promoting its official package of free desktop programs for e-mail, instant messaging, blogging and sharing photos. The programs are "essentially a free upgrade for Windows," said Brian Hall, general manager of Windows Live at Microsoft. The package includes Windows Live Mail client, which should replace the old and integrated Outlook Express. The package also includes Windows Live Photo Gallery, Live Writer for writing blog posts, and the Live Messenger instant-messaging software. The applications aren't much different from test versions previously available.

Source: Yahoo! News

malware, Jul 18, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Jul 18, 2020
  4. Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update

Windows Live Mail 2012 cannot create new message or reply and have lost folders

Hi Mary,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• Did you make any changes to the pc prior to this issue?

• Have you installed all pending updates on the pc?

• Is the issue specific to Windows Live Mail 2012?

• What is the error message you get when you say “cannot create any new messages or reply to messages”?

Suggest you to check if you are able to access the web mail using a browser to check if you are able to create new mails and also to reply to any mail.

Also suggest you to install any pending Windows updates on the pc to check if that helps.
    Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Follow these steps to repair Windows Essentials to check if that helps:

• Press “Windows key + R” to get the run window.

• Type “appwiz.cpl” and hit enter.

• Select “Windows Essentials 2012” and click “change/uninstall”.

• Select “Repair all Windows Essentials programs” and follow the on-screen directions to repair Windows Essentials.

Once this is done restart the pc to check if that helps.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update

1. Windows Live Mail cannot display message after Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Live Mail cannot

2. Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Live Mail - Message cannot be found: Windows live mail has a fault - Message cannot be found. The data is still in the email. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-message-cannot-be-found/b959b0b8-080c-45cb-98a5-99f0031cce95
  3. Windows Live Mail won't display messages

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Live Mail won't display messages: When I go to my inbox, all the messages are there, but I can't see the body of them. This message is all that shows up: Message could not be displayed Windows Live Mail encountered an unexpected problem while displaying this message. Check your computer for low memory or low...
  4. Live mail after the update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Live mail after the update: After the last update windows live mail stopped working, I applied the fix of adding the 3 dword entries to the registry, that took care of the problem of sending and receiving mail. However it did not fix the issue of my existing mail before the update, the contents of...
  5. Live Mail "Message could not be displayed"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Live Mail "Message could not be displayed": After the 11/1 Windows 10 update my Windows Live mail now gets an error message 'message could not be displayed" for all my incoming emails. How can I fix this??...
  6. moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    moving windows live mail messages to windows 10 mail: I had a motherboard die on my Windows 7 machine but luckily the hard drive survived. So I can't open windows live mail and export. I have the complete windows 7 live mail eml files on the hard drive that I've saved for later use and need them on my windows 10 machine in...
  7. Error message in Windows Live Mail

Error message in Windows Live Mail: Since the August 2019 crash of Telus email, every time I open Window live mail ( I know it's unsupported and old but has, until now worked perfectly) I have been receiving the following error message in Window Live Mail: unable to send or receive messages for the Telus ( )...
  8. Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update

Windows Live Mail failure after Windows 10 update: SINCE WINDOWS 10 UPDATE ON mAY 20 HAVE BEEN UNABLE TO USE WINDOWS LIVE MAIL. ONLY PART VISIBLE ON SCREEN AND DOES NOT REACT AT ALL - hELP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail-failure-after-windows-10-update/1f7262f3-4434-477a-9146-fc7ffe1e3bbd
  9. Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot send or receive messages with Windows Live mail: I am using Window Live Mail 2011 with 2 different email account. For one of the accounts, I can no longer send or receive emails. I get the following reject message... Unable to send or receive messages for the Gmail (rrancourt123) account. Header download for the 'Inbox'...
  10. Windows Live Mail error message

in Browsers and Email
    Windows Live Mail error message: Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum so please be gentle with me! I am reasonably computer literate (started when Win 3.1 was the current OS) but new to Win 10 which I have just acquired pre installed on a new PC. I use WLM and got it running well on two separate accounts on...