Windows 10: Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

Discus and support Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jzgadz, Sep 2, 2016.

1. jzgadz Win User

Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing

I am using Windows Live mail (11) on a Windows 10 platform. Recently I noticed that my Contacts folder is missing. I can view the contacts when composing mail but I do not have a folder of them.

:)

jzgadz, Sep 2, 2016
  2. Jeangadz Win User

Windows Live Mail and Contacts

Thank you for your response. I am using Windows Live Mail Version 11. I do not recall making any changes prior to notice that my contact folder was missing. Yes, I can still view contacts when I compose a new mail but I do not have the function to add
    a contact to the contact folder as I did before.

Jeangadz, Sep 2, 2016
  3. transferring contacs and files from windows live mail to outlook 2016

I have all the direction's for moving contacts from windows live mail on windows 10 to outlook BUT the first step says "click contacts folder and then click export". I click the folder but don't see anything other than my list of contacts. I know I am
    missing something simple but what?

della yaroshko, Sep 2, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Newest version of Windows live mail is 2012, you might want to download the newer version and it will overwrite your older version, and restore your missing folder. Just to be safe I would do a complete image backup 1st, using a program like Macrium Reflect free. Here is the link from MS for the newer version.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials
    During the install you can choose which apps you want to install.

OldMike65, Sep 2, 2016
  5. Kbird Win User
    You won't see the Contacts in my experience if you are not signed in..... at least on WLM 2012...top RH Corner under your Profile...

Also you Account may no longer be syncing correctly if you are still using Deltasync as the Sync protocol under Servers in the Account Properties.

Kbird, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Windows Live mail - contacts folder missing - Similar Threads - Live mail contacts

2. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Browsers and Email
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  3. restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Support
    restoring contacts in Windows Live Mail: Windows 10, ver 1909, build 183636. 1198; WLM 2012 I lost the use of my laptop and purchased a new one. My original harddrive is functional, and I used it as an external drive to transfer all my documents and files to the new one. I reinstalled that apps that i wanted to...
  4. Missing folders within Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing folders within Windows Live Mail: After updates, folders in WLM disappear. I have restored them before but nothing is working this time. The solution Compact View - clicking on the green plus sign does not work. I cannot find WLM in file explorer or through %app....% Please advise only for W 10 and WLM as...
  5. lost contacts in Windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    lost contacts in Windows live mail: Hi, I recently changed password for my Microsoft account because it asked me too. recently got 1909 Since then my live mail has asked me for a password which I cannot remember. I assume that is my Microsoft accouunt password. It has now lost my contacts. At the moment...
  6. Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder

Importing Live Mail contacts to the Windows-10 New Mail People folder: I just set up a new PC, and cannot set up Windows Live Mail, as it is no longer supported. I tried to import contacts into the Windows-10 People folder, but it cannot find my Live Mail account. I find no 'help' established for this. Seems Windows-10 mail is geared for mobile...
  7. Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder

Windows Live Mail support for the Contacts folder: I moved Windows Live from an old computer to a new computer. The mail folder works and I am getting email. However, my contacts didn't move over. In Contacts, it is asking for my Microsoft password. I gave it the password and it is stated it was the wrong password. I...
  8. Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Transfer Windows Live Mail Contacts: I still use WLM and am a bit peeved about loss of support. Anyways I have just moved from an old to a new PC. The usual nightmare. (I bought Laplink but it didn't work - mainly because I have a SSd c Drive which seems to confuse the. In the end I had to pay Laplink more to do...
  9. Contacts in Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Contacts in Windows Live Mail: A couple of days ago I noticed that Windows Live Mail did not know some of the e-mail addresses that I would type in. Upon closer examination, it appears to have reverted to the information it contained a few years ago. I have no idea what caused this. How do I restore it...
  10. Live Mail - delete contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Live Mail - delete contacts: windows 10.1, Firefox, Live Mail - How do I delete contacts in Live Mail? 55508

Users found this page by searching for:

1. NO wlm contacts folder

2. windows live mail missing contacts 2019

3. wlm contacts folder missing

4. where is the windows live mail contacts folder in windows 10,
  5. contacts disappeared in windows live mail,
  6. windows live mail contacts folder,
  7. windows live mail contacts gone,
  8. why are contacts missing in WLM 2012,
  9. where is the contact folder in 2012 windows live mail,
  10. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL CONTACTS FOLDER GONE