Windows 10: Windows live mail ending

Discus and support Windows live mail ending in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Just had this email from Microsoft.Anyone else had similar. Dear User, Earlier this year we introduced a new Outl*ook*.*com that will help... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by menu, May 4, 2016.

1. menu Win User

Windows live mail ending

Just had this email from Microsoft.Anyone else had similar.

:)

menu, May 4, 2016

2. windows live mail

When (approx. date) was Windows Live Mail installed?

Note: Support for Windows (Live) Essentials - including Windows Live Mail - ended on 10 January 2017.

PA Bear - MS MVP, May 4, 2016
  3. PaulStubb Win User
    When will I be able to download "Windows Live Mail 2017"?

Since "Windows Live Mail 2012" is to end in Jan., is there and when is "Windows Live Mail 2017" available?

PaulStubb, May 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

Windows live mail ending

davidhk, May 5, 2016
  5. Can't say I'm pleased, Can't say I like the Mail app. It's not that I don't like change but that I just don't find the Mail app as capable as Live Mail 2012. Maybe Microsoft could fix that but are they pushing those that want more than a bare bones email program to Office 365 Personal, and Outllook 2016 and the subscription revenue.

imaddicted2u, May 5, 2016
  6. dustymars Win User
    I agree. Mail.app sucks IMHO.

dustymars, May 5, 2016
  7. Clint Win User
    I got the e-mail too.

Clint, May 5, 2016
  8. AdHoc Win User

Windows live mail ending

So, what are our non-Microsoft options?
    Will any third party email client support the new Outlook system?
    I really dislike Thunderbird, so I'm looking for other options.

AdHoc, May 5, 2016
  9. OldMike65 Win User
    You can use any web browser you like, to access your outlook mail online. No email client needed. You can also use a email notify program that will monitor any email account you have, checks your email every 30 sec's if you want too, lets you know if you have new email, then once you click on the email notify app, will bring you right to your outlook account ....on line. So you do have other options if you want them.
    I stopped using live mail long time ago....have no use for it.

OldMike65, May 5, 2016
  10. prikker Win User
    I dumped it since W8.1 and use Thunderbird. Copied everything from outlook.com. All my mail and archives.

prikker, May 5, 2016
  11. AdHoc Win User
    I have 4 different Hotmail addresses to attend, which are gathered in WLM, along with a GMail, a Yahoo and a personal server ones.

I also need to download the emails on my hard drive to be able to access them offline.

So none of your solutions work for me, as I need to oversee all of them simultaneously and offline.

I guess if Thunderbird keeps working with Outlook.com, then I'll just use that... Do we know yet that it will?

AdHoc, May 5, 2016
  12. Been using the new Mail app for a while, as a reader i find it fine
    If I want to do any type of management on email then i go to the web interface as the mali app i find clunky for this

Why does the email from MS have all the * in it, eg Outl*ook*.*com *Confused

paulsalter, May 5, 2016
  13. Bastet Win User

Windows live mail ending

The way I read it WLMail isn't ending/being discontinued but being able to access outlook/hotmail emails, contacts & calendar via WLM is, MS are suggesting using the built-in Mail app for these accounts but I dislike it. Currently access these accounts on my iPad which I hope continues.

Bastet, May 5, 2016
  14. Dwolf Win User
    I too am asking a similar question regarding this subject. I have been using WLM for years and before that Outlook Express. Within WLM I access 4 different email accounts seamlessly. My domain email, my isp email, an old Hotmail account and a Windows Live Mail email. One program has it all. I am a bit confused how this change will effect me ? My guess is the Hotmail account will not be accessed ? Outside of my domain email this account is very important to me. I don't want to go online to check it.. So will WLM stop accessing my Hotmail ? I'm guessing all the other will still work ? But if it is true that my Hotmail will not work I need to find a nice free program that can replace WLM and take care of all my needs in one program.. HELP thanks Joel

Dwolf, May 5, 2016
  15. AdHoc Win User
    Joel: you and I are exactly in the same situation. In short: WLM2012 will still work, only not with Hotmail/MSN/Outlook email accounts.

I'm trying to figure out what email client will work with Outlook.com, but no one seems to know for sure just yet. I'm thinking Thunderbird, but I really can't stand that piece of software. One example why? You have to delete an email account to be able to change its password. UGHH!

AdHoc, May 5, 2016
Thema:

Windows live mail ending

1. Windows live mail ending - Similar Threads - live mail ending

2. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    windows live mail: I cannot send or receive e-mail from my windows live mail 2011. My internet provider is sky. Sky Yahoo via e-mail apps. Sky has told me that sky.com e-mails will no longer support out of date versions of some e-mail apps and I need to update to the latest software. How do I...
  3. Windows Live Mail

Windows Live Mail: Hi I have just deleted thousands of emails from my computer but today they are all starting to come back. How do I stop deleted emails from coming back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/06fd9be5-3564-49e6-b367-5c685037f4e1
  4. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WINDOWS LIVE MAIL: How can I sign in to Windows Live Mail to change the password if it won't recognize any of my usual passwords? I have no email access and over 9000 emails wailing to arrive. HELP!!!!! Greg Young...
  5. windows live mail

windows live mail: for several years I have been unable to send email from windows live mail box when I'm away from home, but service has always returned to normal when I return to my home address....this year, after returning home, I am still unable to send or reply to emails...receiving mail...
  6. Windows Live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Live mail: E-Mails that I have put in folders on my windows live mail have moved back into the in box as unread. Does anyone have any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/0e4c4edf-6f0a-4976-adf6-b1aec9d0233c
  7. windows live mail

windows live mail: My OS is windows 10 and I want to uninstall Live Mail. Cannot seem to find the file/program to uninstall it. How? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/9a16d999-6330-4377-822a-bddbf752a1db"
  8. Windows Live Mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Live Mail: Trying to update my Live Mail Account. Showing old email address and want to correct it to my new address. Cannot send mail through this account on my home page. Using Windows 10....
  9. windows live mail

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows live mail: When I click on a link there is no response. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-live-mail/b01da16f-a033-4766-b24c-752d59512bee
  10. windows live mail

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows live mail: my outgoing emails are stuck in outbox https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/windows-live-mail/63c5c15c-35cb-4c55-9326-bf53a9df221c