Windows 10: Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error

Discus and support Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; have Windows Live Mail Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726 - want to export emails to MS Exchange .pst format - get "The export could not be performed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by djhopkins 1908, Jun 20, 2024.

1. Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error

have Windows Live Mail Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726 - want to export emails to MS Exchange .pst format - get "The export could not be performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI" -- went and set default to MS Outlook - as suggested by other thread - tried again - no success.help!

:)

djhopkins 1908, Jun 20, 2024
  2. Clark Ari Win User

Windows Live Mail export to Windows 10 mail app

Hi Greg,

Windows Mail app has limited feature to have the have the contacts, emails and folders in Windows Live Mail to be exported. With regard to this, we recommend that you export your Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and data instead to Outlook. You can check
    this article: Export Windows Live Mail email, contacts, and calendar data to Outlook
    for steps on how to transfer your contacts and all your folders.

Meanwhile, we recommend that you submit this query as a suggestion. Provide feedback in Mail app for Windows 10, kindly follow the steps provided in this
    link.

Let us know if you have other questions.

Clark Ari, Jun 20, 2024
  3. WINDOWS LIVE MAIL

Hi Alan,

The above issue might occur if the settings are not enabled appropriately or if the action you are trying to perform is not carried in a step-by-step manner.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Are you trying to export/import the emails to Windows Live Mail?
    • When exactly are you getting the above error message?

Refer to the link below on How do I import and export email, contacts, and calendars with Windows Live Mail? And check if it helps:

Windows Essentials - Microsoft Support

Also refer to the link below on How do I add an account to Windows Live Mail?:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/mail-add-email-account-faq

Write to us with the status of the error message received on trying to import/export on the PC in the same post fir further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Jun 20, 2024
  4. mkj307 Win User

Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error

I cannot email from MS Word or Excel 2010 = MAPI failure

Sorry for the delay. I have been in the hospital. First I followed the steps in the following article according to the mail app I am using. The new Windows mail app will not work with MS Office. You need a mail app that has MAPI. I'm using WIndows Live Mail because its free. Outlook did not come with the home version of Office 2010 that I have. http://www.ctimls.com/support/kb/error fixes/fix_mapi_error.htm

After following the above steps I followed the steps in this article:

Redirecting

I can now email from Word & Excel. I hope this helps!

mkj307, Jun 20, 2024
Thema:

Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error

1. Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error - Similar Threads - Live Mail export

2. Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Live Mail - export - MAPI error: have Windows Live Mail Version 2009 Build 14.0.8089.0726 - want to export emails to MS Exchange .pst format - get "The export could not be performed. An error occurred while initializing MAPI" -- went and set default to MS Outlook - as suggested by other thread - tried again...
  3. How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to export "work email" from contacts in windows live mail?: Exporting contacts from windows live mail as .csv, all field tickboxes checked, opened in excel, no field for "work email" I have about 5000 buisness contacts many with second email address in "work email" field, how do I export them?...
  4. Any solution available in 2023 for exporting Windows Live Mail messages?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Any solution available in 2023 for exporting Windows Live Mail messages?: Back in 2016 there was an issue of not being able to export messages from Windows Live Mail 2012. see:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-messages-fails-using-windows-live-mail/bc297b69-bd5f-48b1-a89e-5519cfa36735At that time, there was not a solution...
  5. Any solution available in 2023 for exporting Windows Live Mail messages?

Any solution available in 2023 for exporting Windows Live Mail messages?: Back in 2016 there was an issue of not being able to export messages from Windows Live Mail 2012. see:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/export-messages-fails-using-windows-live-mail/bc297b69-bd5f-48b1-a89e-5519cfa36735At that time, there was not a solution...
  6. Exporting Windows Live Mail files to Windows Mail

Exporting Windows Live Mail files to Windows Mail: Can someone provided guidance on exporting or transferring emails and contacts from Windows Live Mail 2011 to a Windows 10 Mail account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/exporting-windows-live-mail-files-to-windows-mail/96cc9712-ec92-46c3-b9e2-0904a17484ea
  7. Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Export folders from Windows Live Mail to Outlook: Hi, Up until now I have been using Windows Live Mail WLM to receive, send and store my emails. However, after changing my password for security reasons my Live Mail will no longer work. I have Outlook installed on my PC so I intend to start using that instead. However, I...
  8. Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exporting Windows Live Mail emails to Outlook 2016: I recently went with Microsoft Office 365 and when trying to export emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook 2016 desktop client using Microsoft Exchange, an error message states there's no email program associated to perform the action and directs me to create an association...
  9. MAPI

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MAPI: How do I change my MAPI settings so I can e-mail documents? It tells me there isn't an e-mail program associated to perform the requested action. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/mapi/813c280a-add1-4e56-adcf-a923b81187b5
  10. Windows Live Mail error receiving mail

Windows Live Mail error receiving mail: Starting yesterday, none of our computers can send mail, although they still receive mail from a variety of accounts. Also, we can still send and receive from Charter using our mobile telephones. Here is the error message that Live Mail displays on our computers-- An...